Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 30-05-2012

Caught the last leg of the A-final on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGwb_3rmsnM
Old 30-05-2012

Lists for Brca equipment Updated for 2012
http://www.brca.org/?q=content/homol...-updates/14218
Old 30-05-2012

Sunday was a fantastic day racing

regarding strutineering, it is no excuse, but after doing 1/8th nitro rally cross and 1/10th touring car, but also at the neo race they strutineer at the end of the race.

It is so easy when watching the racing and you are on next to put the car down and line up to get on the rostrum as we all know you cannot strutineer until the race before has started. Whilst you are watching it.

It maybe a good idea that you can strutinise cars two races before you are on, which will solve the problem.
Old 30-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Or go back to how they did it at the old radio race car days where after your had finshed 3 car numbers were called at random you would take your car to race control go out to marshall then collect your car after you had marshalled EASY !!!!!
Old 01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Or go back to how they did it at the old radio race car days where after your had finshed 3 car numbers were called at random you would take your car to race control go out to marshall then collect your car after you had marshalled EASY !!!!!
Seems to work at 12th nationals & TC nationals as well.. you race & put your car (& transmitter) into impound where it is scrutineered while you are marshaling. Then once you have marshaled you collect your car, if you come back after you have marshaled & find a post it note stuck to the car with details of why it failed, your time has gone for that round.
Old 01-06-2012

Thats ok if there is enough room in scrutineering to house 10 cars plus 10 transmitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
Seems to work at 12th nationals & TC nationals as well.. you race & put your car (& transmitter) into impound where it is scrutineered while you are marshaling. Then once you have marshaled you collect your car, if you come back after you have marshaled & find a post it note stuck to the car with details of why it failed, your time has gone for that round.
Old 01-06-2012

Quote:
It's not quite that simple now though with Lipo batteries. I appreciate that there isn't a voltage check at the regionals but there are at the off-road nationals (and there was after the introduction of lipos to 12th) so it has to be done before the race.
There's probably an element of sticking with the same process as the nationals to avoid any confusion for those doing both series.
Old 01-06-2012
Mad Member

I dont think anyone is doing it on purpose, people just get talking and forget, especially at Kiddy where the start line is right next to the entrance.. It is more of a problem since we have had PTs. When we needed hand-outs there was more of an incentive to remember.

I think that first offence of the day should be allowed with a warning and the second time you should loose your time. Saying that the next person to do it will result in you loosing your time is a bit unfair in my opinion (unless it is made clear at drivers briefing).

N
Old 01-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

To be honest I nearly forgot but remembered just before going on and I have been racing far too long

It's all too easy to forget sometimes and for new racers who aren't used to it maybe we need to remind them more over the PA?
Old 02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
I think that first offence of the day should be allowed with a warning and the second time you should loose your time. Saying that the next person to do it will result in you loosing your time is a bit unfair in my opinion (unless it is made clear at drivers briefing).
As i said, i can accept leniency during the 1st round to a degree as people are probably still not "with it" after the drive to the track & being thrown into non familiar surroundings where they probably get a bit muddled - we've all been there i'm sure, however this does not excuse the same thing happening so late into the meeting as the last round of qualifiers or the finals.
Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

If people have seen other drivers not using equipment on the BRCA list and feel so strongly about it why haven't they informed a BRCA or club official about it on the day?
If they don't know they cant do anything about it!

I personally think you should be allowed to run what motors and esc you like at regionals to help with costs for new racers but I think lipos should be from the EB list.
Old 04-06-2012

Not worth it.
Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
Not worth it.
Not worth what big boy?
Old 05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
If people have seen other drivers not using equipment on the BRCA list and feel so strongly about it why haven't they informed a BRCA or club official about it on the day?
If they don't know they cant do anything about it!
While I agree with the logic, surely the job of policing the event comes down to the racers to turn up with the equipment the rules say you should run & once the meeting starts it's then down to the organisers of the event to ensure people comply with the rules which they have set.
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

have you ever worked a scrutineers desk for a meeting? I have, and believe me it's a thankless job, especially when you have to get motors pulled apart because you believe them to be illegal (oh the joys of touring car racing!)

Any help a scrutineer gets would be appreciated, even if it's just a heads up to say that you believe a car is running illegally, and to take a closer look. It just makes things easier!
Old 05-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As stated before the girls in scrutineering at this event are not racers ... They know the rules are written BUT telling one brand of motor from another without a reference guide is not easy for those that don't spend much of their time thinking / reading about RC.

If there was a potential issue they would have appreciated the heads up.
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

exactly what i meant Roger, and if they thought there was an issue, or a concern was raised by another driver, I'm sure one of the guys in Race Control would've kept them right.
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
While I agree with the logic, surely the job of policing the event comes down to the racers to turn up with the equipment the rules say you should run & once the meeting starts it's then down to the organisers of the event to ensure people comply with the rules which they have set.
That's the point how far do you want the organisers to go with enforcing the rules and how serious do you want it to be?
There putting there trust in the fact people will read the rules and turn up with the right gear. Should we start pulling peoples motors apart to check there running legal rotors?
I still don't understand why you wouldn't just have a quiet word with someone from the club, even Mr EB board PW was there I'm sure he would of looked into your concerns.

The scrutineers that gave up there free time at kiddy are mums/partners of racers.
I know my partner wouldn't be able to identify over 100 different variations of motors that are on the EB list! and I'm sure if I asked here to learn how too, then sit in a field for 10 hours with no thanks she would say no chance.
Maybe you could help inspect some motors at the next regional if the club needs any help?
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

Actually, I say BALLS TO IT!!! Lets just play with toy cars and have fun

I love being controversial...
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

Ive missed you logic mate