Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 18-06-2015
Awesome Admin

Default Info required on the P8

Anyone got any info on the P8 please like who drove them for TT and what there like thanks.
Old 19-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Anyone got any info on the P8 please like who drove them for TT and what there like thanks.
The last of the 'Legacy' Predators. Black anodized parts. Graphite sus arms. Gold Ti shock shafts. Larger ball ends. Adjustable propshaft front one-way.

It was basically a slightly modified 'ETQ' with black anodizing, graphite arms and gold shock shafts as its main changes.

Cragg was the best known Factory P8 driver, but im sure Matthew Moore drove a Factory P8 also - he's on here, you could ask him - Ian Kenningly, Craig Drescher, Russell Williams to name but five. If you add in all the other very good drivers on part-factory contracts or freelancers at that time, it add up to dozens of quality Pred drivers.

Oh and of course Graham North was a very good, well-known P8 driver, he will be pissed if i leave him out

As the XK98, ETQ and P8 had relatively small differences between them so they were pretty much the same car with the similar performance.

How it drives ? Very, very good tbh on a contoured type grass or astro track ( read no big jumps ) like Mendip or Kiddy. You wouldnt find its much different to drive to the X10 or XRS ( which was really a slightly improved P8 itself ), just not as robust as a X11, because of its old style diff & pinion gears and front plastic gearbox top.

I wouldnt put a modern 5.5 or 6.5 and lipo through an older Legacy model as it will eat those gears, but a 8.5 or 9.5 and lipo is fine. With a Pred you can run a wind or two down on normal 4wds as they have an efficient and relatively lightweight drivetrain. Ive recently ran an old ETQ with an 8.5 set up and no problems at all.
Old 19-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I ran the P8 for a full season on regionals, Nationals and RRCi champs on a single set of transmission gears .... wasn't the material that was the problem it was the fact you had to build the car immaculately, everything totally flat and square .... like an engineer would

Still have my P8
Old 22-06-2015

Default want a good nick pred x11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or parts!!

has anyone got a v good x11 4 sale or parts to keep one going!!! im just about finnished rebuilding a very misused x11.... has come up good! pics soon! but im looking 4 a v good car or parts as im going to race the predator again as its my fav 4wd!!!!
i was going to get some new kits but to my surprise they hav gone under
SO CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!! there has to be someone out their!!!!
i still hav my factory drive car XK98/micham! as for the etq and P8 i think those models were their worst----they dropped the twin bearing in the steering and had those plastic CRAP diff out drives!!! i never ran them diffs as they like i said were crap! and keeped the old steel drives!

the best models were XK 98 Micham /X10/X11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill post pics up tommorrow! of my xk and x11!! i still hav my pro 95 but its in bits at the moment! with the plastic formed wings and undertrays i dont know y people havnt made a true airfoil wing???? oooohhh never seen this talked about ....but the predator even back in 1993 had a wheelbase 8-10mm longer than any other car ,and only in the last couple of years hav others started doing it......head of there time even today! even the bud driveshafts r still the easest to build ......one pin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_doctor View Post
as for the etq and P8 i think those models were their worst----they dropped the twin bearing in the steering and had those plastic CRAP diff out drives!!! i never ran them diffs as they like i said were crap! and keeped the old steel drives!
The old lower-height bearing steering was dropped for the later steering with individual extenders on top of the bridge, which also used bearings.

And you are correct, the ETQ did initially come with the front graphite front diff which broke as soon as you looked at them, but again you could buy the metal diff seperately, which is what everyone did

The rest of the car was fine, as they were basically still XK98's.