Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 15-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default FORCC Triple Crown - Round 1 -Race Reports/Videos

Hi Guys, post your pics/race reports/video's here.

Here is a few I got of the day:

A final 2wd Leg 1, starring Ellis Stafford, Grant Williams, Stu Rand (white 210), Will Johnson, Mike Vincent, Gnarly, Delves, Ollie Crew, Tom Bate, DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDGFSnAQ5a8&feature=plcp

B final 4wd Leg 2, lots of FORCC lads in this one, Jordan, Dixon, Callum etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjrJD6Ed-F8&feature=plcp

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 15-10-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forgot dc!
Old 15-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Few pics:

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-10-2012

Thought I would post the link through to the round 1 report in here also given the title of the thread

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...cles_pg19.html
Old 17-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delves View Post
Thought I would post the link through to the round 1 report in here also given the title of the thread

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...cles_pg19.html

(From his leading grid position, pole-man Nathan did his level best to make the A Finals interesting for all of the on-looking spectators. Despite having clearly the fastest car in a straight line, his was also looking the most edgy at the end of the main straight which ultimately saw him crash out of contention on a couple of occasions but which served to treat the crowd to the spectacle that is known as the 'Ralls Recovery Drive'. Second placed man Ed Kerry made the most of Nathan's misfortune to win the first and third legs of the final to take the overall win ahead of the Recovering Ralls whilst Kyle completed the podium courtesy of his two steady-paced third place finishes)

Hey dude.

was you looking at the same race as me!!!!
Old 17-10-2012

Hi Ed

What are you trying to point out that is inaccurate? Appologise if there is something in the report that isn't correct, we do our level best to pay attention at the meeting and report back on it to promote the series the best we can. But I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that we all get caught up in our own days racing and sometimes we miss things.

If you let me know what the issue is I will do my best to change the report.

Chris
Old 17-10-2012

Hi Ed,
These are/were my words so if anyone should apologise for causing offence then it has to be me and not Chris.

But like Chris, I'm also a little confused.

From where I was watching, it looked to me that Nathan's car was faster at the end of the straight once the boost kicked in but ultimately that also probably contributed to him putting into the goal netting at the end of the straight - which if I recall, happened at least twice in the first leg???

That's not to detract at all from your pace - from what I saw, your car looked far more stable and in control.

But to watch Nathan fight his way back through the pack after he had binned it was exciting from a spectator's point of view. He had to take more risks and was driving like he was possessed - whereas you were seemingly in control. Fast yes - but not as if you had been mainlining RedBull.

To say that you made the most of his misfortune is, in my opinion, also accurate - in so much that he, as the top qualifier, would have been the favorite for the win before the start simply because he had demonstrated that he put the fastest 5 minute qualifier together beforehand - in the same way that Grant did in 2WD. That's not to take anything away from what you did to win legs 1 and 3. It's just that I wouldn't have expected any mistakes from either of you - and he made more than you which enabled you to capitalise. His misfortune?? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure he didn't mean to make the errors that he did - any more than I meant to drive like a pillock for most of the day myself.

But like I said at the beginning, if I've caused you any offence then I apologise. I was, with Chris's help, only trying to make the most out of the meeting for the club - to help promote the terrific job that the FORCC team did on the day - just as we have done with the nationals and any other event we support and help promote.

If my recollection has been inaccurate and that's caused offence then I'm terribly sorry. I can assure you that it's not intentional in any way. Ultimately I don't care if its a Durango or an Associated that wins - lol.

But, Sorry anyway chap - no offence was meant in anyway.

Andy.
Old 17-10-2012
Mad Member

andy

the only thing you should appolgise for is you bad driving the fact of the matter is ed you won nathan took tq nathan crashed you didnt well done to all.

oh andy assosiated,drango and x factory did win.

stu

Ps nice report
Old 17-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
andy

the only thing you should appolgise for is you bad driving the fact of the matter is ed you won nathan took tq nathan crashed you didnt well done to all.

oh andy assosiated,drango and x factory did win.

stu

Ps nice report

Oh crikey - if I have to apologise for my driving then we'll all be here all night.
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry
Old 18-10-2012
Mad Member

It's all my fault really.

I told Nathan that if he scored 2 in the first half, all he'd have to do for the rest of the game would be to prevent the others fom scoring.

Sounds to me like Nathan won 2-0
Old 18-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Oh crikey - if I have to apologise for my driving then we'll all be here all night.
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry

Old 18-10-2012

Team no idea race report is now live!! www.teamnoidea.com
Old 19-10-2012
Banned

really enjoyed reading that report and all the extras like forcc in another style etc......thanks martin

trekkker