Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Default Having it large

Well how about that then eh? 58 drivers last night - the most we've seen for many years and virtually back to the sort of numbers we had when the club first moved to Boughton under its founder - Ron Barrett.

I know it takes away from some of the leisurely approach to the racing, but with those sort of number (and 8 heats!) we really have to run to a strict timetable. 2 minutes between heats isn't much, but it's time enough to return your transponder and put your car on charge. The relief marshalling seemed to work well last night too.

We're going to try and get underway earlier next week, so it would be appreciated if people can get to the hall as early as possible. Heat 1 on the line at 7.45pm latest would be great - earier if possible so it doesn't become too late an evening for the kids.

One other thing - please can the amount of practicing inbetween heats be kept to a minimum. I know you want to see if turning that shock collar half a turn has made all the difference to your setup, but with only 2 minutes between heats and a lot of human traffic, unless you have a serious problem to resolve it really doesn't help getting the next race gridded up. Not a whinge - just a request.

Thanks to Lewis last night as well for the track design - Petit influenced at all at the end of the straight? Oh and thanks to everyone who helped put the track away

Anyway - onwards and upwards. Let's make next week even better and see if we can make Alan pull out the few remaining hairs on his head trying to book everyone in
Old 21-01-2010

58! Wicked! roll on next week!!!
Pitty i continued my naff driving on from the weekend.....must try harder!
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats great news! FORCC is the place to be!

I was gutted I couldnt make it as I had a cup Basket Ball game at Herne Bay but we beat them so worth it!

A certain Mr Baker has a new car to try next week!.................. its very blue!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 21-01-2010

Can't believe I had to miss last night. Sounds like a great night was had.
Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewie View Post
Can't believe I had to miss last night. Sounds like a great night was had.
You were missed pal - hope that whatever caused you to miss it has been sorted. See you next week hopefully.
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i'm gutted i don't have a decent indoor club like Faversham near me. I used to love running at Deal, Capel etc on polished floor with 27t motors. Frantic close racing and dirt cheap!

We need more clubs like yours. Keep up the good work

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 21-01-2010

was a good track but
But then by what i have seen since i have come back them seeem to be good every week
Old 23-01-2010

Default heats

For me being sad im there every week so never really happens for me, but it can be fun and can make you think about racing i.e
for example Ed comes every other week (as of Feb there every week) not always in the top heat so for him its now not a race on the track but one against the clock the same for us which can work in favour for Ed as the lower heat lets him get on with it (sometimes) were as the top heat are busy (sometimes) so busy doing the pages of the kamra sutra they slow them selves down.
I like the change never is the top heat the same people which adds to the fun .
the term youve earn't it you desrve it comes to mind
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

to be honest we go on wednesday purly for the racing we all like to do the best we can and we all wanna race we other people with the same ability in my opinion the championship is a pointless exersise as there is no reward for it and you would need to go every week to be in it thats why a driver gradeing system would be much better for racing than the current one in use like i said we go to race not. how it is at the moment is like marc rehinard (current tc world champion and Off road euro champion)turning up on a wednesday night and racing with the absolute beginners. it doesnt figure.

WE JUST WANNA RACE

Stu
Old 23-01-2010

Even if we had no practice and when straight into 3 rounds of qualifying then had maybe a final or two
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

i think two finals would be a little over the top and i also think a practise is needed just to give the cars a shake down things do go wrong and a practise is a good indecation if the problem is cured.
Old 23-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
i think two finals would be a little over the top and i also think a practise is needed just to give the cars a shake down things do go wrong and a practise is a good indecation if the problem is cured.
I think your right Stu, 2 finals is a bit much to squeeze in. But this brings us back to running an extra heat intead of practice. How about (if we are all on time and booked in fast enough) 1 extra heat at the start of the evening in our heat orders/positions that was maybe a set 5 minutes but no lap times that way there would be no pressure to perform but would give us a shakedown of the cars and a feel for the track just like at a national, and then on to the normal 3 heats? rather than a final as such?
Old 23-01-2010

Ok, my contribution. We have a club to be proud of!
Enviable numbers with quality drivers and some outstanding talent in the young blood.
We are mollicoddled at Faversham and perhaps we should be more appreciative of those who run the club and at the same time adopt race nights that follow the regional/national set up.
This would be booking in first, 3 qualifying rounds and subsequent finals.
2 minute intervals and relief marshalling are good disciplines.
Those who are unable to get there before 7.15-7.30 should make sure their car is ready the night before with battery charged!
Finals in ascending order, should enable the young ones to finish at a reasonable time. If they are talented, then tough, they will have to stay later! (my old age envy!!).
Why don't we give it a trial and see how it goes...

On a separate matter, what's happening with the outdoor track?