Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 27-08-2010

Default Help with car choice.

Hi there i´m new here! I used to have nitro buggy few years ago but never raced it in tracks, just on my own!
Anyway I thinking of getting a electric buggy for starting off and I heard about club (dublin model racing) and it looks good and have to go there some weekend.
I see they have two type of cars, 2wd and 4wd. Is there a reason for getting 2wd then getting 4wd or just get the 4wd model. There loads of model cars in the market but not sure what car to start with!
Hope you could explain some questions for me.

Thanks
Brian
Old 27-08-2010

hi brian,ill answer your questions best i can.with regaerds to whether to get a 2wd or 4wd car id recommend a 2wd car.they are cheaper,they dont require as mush maintenance as 4wd and personally i think they are more fun.id highly recommend the team associated b4.1 brushless rtr.good car with plenty of support trackside(mick sells associated gear) although pretty much any of the competion kits are good.before you buy anything id recommend you drop out to the track and have a chat to people and look around and decide then.
Old 27-08-2010

Thanks for the reply Tony. That was the car I was keeping an eye on. Seems to have good review. Do you know any shop that would have team associated b4.1 brushless for a good price? I think lipo would be good power source since that what I use in model helicopter.
I´m away till October so would the club be still open on a sunday?
Old 27-08-2010

Hey brain the club runs all year round in the summer outdoor on grass and the winter run on carpet indoors.We have not picked a place yet for indoor but will soon it will be up on the web site.
Old 27-08-2010

id talk to mick at the track about the b4 and lipos(tends to be very competitive price wise) and have a look around the web for comparison.with regards to the lipos we all use them,so again talk to people and get there opinions.we race year round just not sure at the moment when we will be going indoors or where.keep an eye here and on the dublin model car club site for information.feel free to post any questions you have here
Old 28-08-2010

Thanks for the help. What size battery pack would be suitable and how many pack would you need at track?
Old 28-08-2010

i use reedy 7.4v 5000mah packs which are tight fit so wouldnt go any larger,some of the other lads use various different makes which i cant comment on as i have never run them .the packs have to be 7.4v and hard cased to be allowed to race.one pack is enough for a days racing although 2 is nice to have
Old 19-12-2010

hi guys does anyone have micks number to contact on.
send me a reply to email if necessary.
cheers
Old 19-12-2010

pm`d