Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-07-2016
oOple Advertiser

I stand corrected - I think it might be 2 from 5 and not 3 from 5 so that would make Neil TQ - Can't believe 2 from 5 though
Old 27-07-2016

So Associated TQ the Euros - but I guess you know this by now
(sorry Tony)

It was VERY close. The timing site does show best 2 from 5 and with two round wins each counting looks like Neil takes it on fastest time - but A massive 0.129 of a second

Jorn looks more consistent though - Neil was flat out in the last quali to do it.
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

commentry is banal, no information on the cars only repeats the name of three corners. better to watch with the sound off
schumacher cat 2000
Kyosho Triumph
Kyosho Lazer zx-r
Schumacher Ld2
Associated B6.4
Associated B5
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
An actual serpent or a serpent stickered up Durango which he has run in the past?
Well at one point yesterday, Juraj Hudy posted that Jorn was running xray!! That was changed fairly quickly though. It was posted on an interview somewhere that there would be a few prototype / other cars parts on his car.

EFRA has been 2 from 5 for years, although I agree it's a bit odd.
Old 27-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian s View Post
commentry is banal, no information on the cars only repeats the name of three corners. better to watch with the sound off
The lack of information on the cars is due to some restrictions on what Adam is allowed to talk about! Unfortunately references to specific brands is a no-no as part of the broadcasting deal.
Old 27-07-2016

where's the coverage from redrc or neobuggy ????
They provide covering for EOS or other eastern mongolia championships but not the euro's ???? come on !

Last edited by stefke; 27-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 27-07-2016

Felt like a real non event. Not even the standard of a BRCA national across the field in my opinion

Chris
Old 27-07-2016
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post
The lack of information on the cars is due to some restrictions on what Adam is allowed to talk about! Unfortunately references to specific brands is a no-no as part of the broadcasting deal.
He could sound more enthusiastic about the racing. Worst coverage I've seen from RC racing tv. Also not being able to talk about brands at an EFRA run meeting why not. 99% of the viewers will race 10th and they will want to know what each brand is running also any new parts that may become available.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 27-07-2016
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke View Post
where's the coverage from redrc or neobuggy ????
They provide covering for EOS or other eastern mongolia championships but not the euro's ???? come on !

Agreed missing red RC or neobuggy reporting they both do an excellent job.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 27-07-2016

Quote:
Agreed missing red RC or neobuggy reporting they both do an excellent job.
I guess reporting this is more important :

http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/07/27/mip-black-pit-mat/
Old 27-07-2016

Quote:
He could sound more enthusiastic about the racing. Worst coverage I've seen from RC racing tv. Also not being able to talk about brands at an EFRA run meeting why not. 99% of the viewers will race 10th and they will want to know what each brand is running also any new parts that may become available.
They're there because of their sponsors and they have to adhere to whatever they say - Adam has been told specifically what he is and isn't allowed to talk about. The viewers' interests don't matter unfortunately.

He's very much enthusiastic about the racing, but when you have very little to work with, and you're speaking alone about something you became familiar with last Wednesday, it's hard to stretch out hours of coverage.

This is free coverage guys - it's also free from advertising and it's non-stop broadcasting every day - you're getting to watch the racing live with a commentator. Be grateful for what you're getting, regardless of how it stands up to previous coverage, because it could be a hell of a lot worse. Try watching LiveRC's streams... 30 seconds of a static camera with no commentary with 2 minutes of Associated ads in between!
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

The coverage has been shocking!

Following the wrong cars, pronouncing names wrong, the commentator is that bad I've watched most of the coverage this week on silent! it's that poor.

During A final leg 3 they followed Jorn for about 5-6 laps and even zoomed in on him whilst he was stationary on his roof! Meanwhile Neil And Michael where fighting for the win.
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

Ha ha...yeah, that was winding me up....was potentially the race for the win for Cragg and they show Jorn upside down.....and that was nothing to do with the commentator....that was the camera man!!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 27-07-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
An actual serpent or a serpent stickered up Durango which he has run in the past?
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=953520
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-07-2016

Apparently a lad named Martin LEE was third in the 3rd leg of the A main. Never heard of him.
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

come on guys
give the poor old commentator a break as previously mentioned he was "Dropped" into with less than a weeks notice

It appears he couldn't mention "brands" so his hands are tied research into drivers may have yielded a bit more info agreed

camera work is not under his control

all in all he did an OK job we as "experienced r/c fans have a massive advantage and remember we watched it for free
(I was only watching because im off work sick genuine

its appreciated
Old 27-07-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
come on guys
give the poor old commentator a break as previously mentioned he was "Dropped" into with less than a weeks notice

It appears he couldn't mention "brands" so his hands are tied research into drivers may have yielded a bit more info agreed

camera work is not under his control

all in all he did an OK job we as "experienced r/c fans have a massive advantage and remember we watched it for free
(I was only watching because im off work sick genuine

its appreciated
Couldn't have said it better myself.
This is a FREE service ! It's better than nothing, think about only a few years ago were we would have to find out about results via text message etc. The RC RACING.TV team have done great work over the years. Maybe we have been spoilt due to the fantastic coverage at RHR 2015 euro's of last year . This poor guy has been thrown into the deep end and the rest of the crew have been spread around the other events. It is unfortunate that commentary is restricted due to sponsorship or EFRA, sign of the times ! Didn't stop DC last year though
Old 27-07-2016

Fair enough, sorry if I've offended anybody, we should be praising Neil Cragg for an awesome win.
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige0568 View Post
Fair enough, sorry if I've offended anybody, we should be praising Neil Cragg for an awesome win.
well said Sir 3 brits in "A" final

I guess we have been spoilt in the past at some other events im sure our commentator has learnt a great deal of our side of motorsport in 3 days which no doubt will stand him in good stead for the future
Old 27-07-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default The 2wd A finals

A1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspkMMI0Wi4

A2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_O_kYOaiE

A3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WunkdH-e6tE
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------