Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 30-05-2010
Mad Member

Default DMCC Club Championship 2010

Ok, with six rounds down, I thought it might be nice to put some info up on the forum;

2wd top 3:
Michael O'Leary
Dave Bolger
Nigel Dungan

4wd top 3:
Lee McGuire
Michael O'Leary
Michael Bolger

Michael O'Leary is the most consitant scoring driver occupying top 3 positions in both classes. Dave Bolger has a maximum score under his belt, and is the leading clubman driver. Michael Bolger has the most maximum scores in 4wd, whilst William White has the most maximum scores in 2wd.

The amount of counting rounds to the championship may be extended, the organisers will keep you updated.
Old 30-05-2010

cracking day today, track layout was brill!! and great to see old and new faces out..
Old 31-05-2010

not happy that i missed the weekend's racing, but there's always this weekend to look forward to... plus the bank holiday!

Team Associated B4.1
Dublin Model Car Club

Xbox360/PS3: Dannyeire
Old 06-06-2010

ooppsss wrong thread
Old 21-06-2010
Mad Member

Results for 20th June are updated on the club website.

Well done to Eoin and Dan on their A Final qualifications - great performances from both "rookie" drivers. Good to have Eoin back racing also.

Michael O'Leary still holds the lead in both classes and improved his 4wd score with a maximum 100 points yesterday. The Arklow man's Losi XXX-4 seems to be very reliable and Michael is looking good for the 4wd championship.

Michael Bolger's B4 is now going alot better after a good testing session on Saturday last. Michael tested a geared differential, rather than the traditional ball type differential, over the weekend with good results - the car is visibly quicker and this bodes well for his next BRCA outing in Oswestry this weekend. The advantage of the geared diff seems to be it's behaviour when unloaded.

Other notible performances over the weekend can from Colin Whelan who qualified 2nd in 2wd, and Ivan Thomson who is getting to grips with his B44 quickly in 4wd.

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 21-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy555 View Post

Michael Bolger's B4 is now going alot better after a good testing session on Saturday last. .........

Shh...... that was supposed to be a secret test session!

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 22-06-2010
Mad Member

Hi All,

As Sunday July 4th is a full race day - even though it's at a different venue to usual (Terenure) - it will be a counting round of the 2010 DMCC outdoor championship.

Looking at the results table at the moment, both the 2wd and 4wd overall championships are wide open and could be won by a handful of people.

In the 2wd "Clubman" Championship, it's tight between Dave Bolger and Dan Horgan with Ken Gordon still in the picture. The remaining F4/F5 drivers in the class have not scored on enough rounds yet - this may all change as the season progresses.

In the 4wd "Clubman" Championship, Lee McGuire has a commanding lead having competed on all but 1 round this season.
Old 01-07-2010
Mad Member

Results for 27th June are up on the club website. www.dublinmodelracing.com

Notable changes are Tony Kavanagh's leap up to 2nd in 2wd - he is now a contender for the championship. Michael Bolger and William White's (moi!) BRCA programme is having a very negative effect on thier club championships - both slip down the list. Regular scoring from Brian MacManus and Jerry Delgado has aided both drivers championship positions.

In 4wd, Michael O'Leary extended his commanding lead with a 100 point maximum - his 3rd overall win in a row!
Old 01-07-2010

i thought i won the final on sunday and mick was second?wouldnt that bring me level on points?showing the other way round
Old 02-07-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony6187 View Post
i thought i won the final on sunday and mick was second?wouldnt that bring me level on points?showing the other way round
Hi Tony/All,

I may have made a mistake with last sunday's results and put up points for qualifying rather than final results. I will check with Mick as to what exactly he sent me and rectify a.s.a.p.
Apologies for error if that is the case.

Will
Old 02-07-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy555 View Post
Hi Tony/All,

I may have made a mistake with last sunday's results and put up points for qualifying rather than final results. I will check with Mick as to what exactly he sent me and rectify a.s.a.p.
Apologies for error if that is the case.

Will

Corrected results now posted - looks like the qualifying results had been previously posted.

Michael O'Leary and Tony Kavanagh now tie at the top of the championship list on 591 points from a maximum 600. Tony has the advantage with 3 overall wins to Michael's 1 overall win.

Michael still commands 4wd by a good margin.
Old 19-07-2010
Mad Member

Results for both the Irish Vintage & Veteran Car Show and July 11th are now posted on the results page of www.dublinmodelracing.com.
Results for Sunday 18th July will follow as soon as possible.

Now that more drivers have completed the 6 counting rounds, it is becoming apparent that this year's championship is going to get a tight one!

4WD: Micheal O'Leary is now starting to dominate 4wd with a near perfect score of 599 from 600. Realistically, his only rival at this stage is Michael Bolger whos score is 499 from 500 so far - also pretty impressive. Should both drivers end up on perfect scores of 600 from 600 - the count back proceedure will be introduced. There are several stages to this -
  1. Who had the most overall wins from their counting scores? - draw; both could have 6 maximum scores.
  2. Who was the first to score a maximum overall score? - Bolger; scores 100 in round 2 to O'Leary's 98.
This would hand the victory to Michael Bolger. However, O'Leary beat Bolger in Terenure for the first time this year and the XXX-4 looked really quick - Bolger will really have to focus on trying to compete on every remaining round and putting in a good performance if he is to stand a chance of beating O'Leary. Best of luck to both men - they both deserve it after alot of good racing!

2wd: There are more potential winners of the 2wd championship than 4wd. In the overall championship Michael O'Leary leads (593) with the chance of doing "the double". With two wins, he is being chased hard by Tony Kavanagh (592) who has 3 wins, but hasn't been as consistent as O'Leary - and with only 1 point in it, it's all to play for. The third challenger is Michael Bolger with only 1 win (586). Michael is showing better form now after a poor start to the championship and could tidy up his scoring over the coming rounds and become a title contender. William White (498) currently has the most wins (4) and just one more would leave him leading and 5 points clear of the chasing pack. With the 2wd Nationals taking place this weekend there will be alot of drivers pushing for that win; White was beaten for the first time in this championship in Terenure - hopefully not an emerging trend! The recent impressive performances from Colin Whelan, a late surge could also see him come into the picture.

In the "Clubman" (F4/F5) 2wd catagory Dave Bolger had lead from the word go, however and ever improving Dan Horgan could steal the title from the veteran racer - this would be a great achievement for Horgan who is only in his first seasons racing.

The 4wd "Clubman" (F4/F5) championship has been pretty much sealed up by Lee McGuire. The Tamiya driver has showed immense improvement over this season and is only threatened by new racer Ivan Thomson, whos regular scoring is nibbling at McGuire's lead.
Old 05-08-2010

just wondering when this season ends? does it end when the outdoor season finishes (when is that?), or does it end in/around december?

also (cause i love asking questions), do we have any possible locations for the indoor season?

Team Associated B4.1
Dublin Model Car Club

Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

When does the season end?

When it's too wet & cold to race outside.

Indoors, nothing has been decided yet for buggy winter racing.

At the moment I'm getting ready for the Euros at the end of the month. So after that I'll be able to start thinking about winter racing.

(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post
When it's too wet & cold to race outside.
so the outdoor season ended weeks ago?!

Team Associated B4.1
Dublin Model Car Club

Old 08-08-2010
Mad Member

Results for July 23rd and August 1st have been updated. Todays results will follow later this week
Old 10-08-2010
Mad Member

Hi All,

Really looking forward to getting back racing this weekend! Been so so busy at work - but things have calmed down a bit now - and the bits have arrived to repair my gearbox

I'll have the results from last weekends racing (Aug 8th) up on the club site this evening. I had a quick glance and it looks like Mick Bolger and Tony Kavanagh are now becoming a real threat to Mick O'Leary's season-long dominance at the top of the score board in 2wd. O'Leary already has a maximum score in 4wd - so to be beaten; somebody else who won a round before O'Leary won his first, will also have to score six wins - a seriously tall order.

With Michael Bolger not racing for the next couple of weeks due to the Euros, it gives Tony Kavanagh a chance to battle with O'Leary uninterupted.

Best of luck to all!
Old 10-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Well......

All my race gear will be on the way to the Euros, don't think that I'll have anything to race the week-end.

Anyone want to lead me gear?

Old 10-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post
Well......

All my race gear will be on the way to the Euros, don't think that I'll have anything to race the week-end.

Anyone want to lead me gear?

Are you trying to tell me that the man who bring 6 cars away to the BRCA can't find a spare for this weekend!!???

This reminds me about the glue - can drop it over to you this evening?
Old 10-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Yep.......

Radio / motor / batteries all packed away for the Euros!!