Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 25-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

strange really dan, 7am this morning looking out of my kitchen window making a cuppa I thought it would be a howling gale up there but by 10.30 it was not that bad at all

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 26-11-2012
Mad Member

Wish I could have made it as it turned out really nice

At least the shed roof is now attached properly and the guttering is kind of attached to the house!!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 28-11-2012

looking forward to seeing that race report Dave... enjoyed the day despite some school boy errors! the car now finally has a nice set up and can't wait to bring it out again for the next meeting... so what were the best times of the day??
Old 05-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The long awaited, badly written, and in many places badly spelt race report

good days racing with more diehard racers than I would have expected when I looked out of the window at 7am, at that point it was throwing it down and blowing a gale, but by 10 things were looking a whole lot better.

11 die hard nutters turned up, so two heats it was to be. Heat one connor, neil,errrm another neil(Ives), jonney and Ian(who, as normal arrived late and still looked half asleep).
Heat 2 with simon out front,thomas,nathan,craig(sporting his new toy! a very well prepared madmonkey, with plenty of extras that he just bought from a very honest chap) Carl, and Dave in car 6.

both heats had a fairly even match of ability, I'm not going to spend hours typing up all the results but mention a few highs, and some lows
Carl had a fantastic run in heat 2 round 2 to knock simon out of the first spot for the only time all day yer yer ok he was using his 4wd to manage this but its worth a mention
Heat 2 had some very close racing all day with even simon having to work hard a couple of times. Some great drives from Nathan,but has to be said nathan, craig,thomas and carl were mixing it up all day and normally finishing within meters of each other. and david keeping the pace at the back of the pack

Heat one, Neil Newby came out top of the pile here connor not far behind, but the man driving his socks of was Jonney, considering the hand full of meetings he has done with his cougar!But I must mention his truly stunning drive in one of the heats, only to truly kock it up in the last few laps with silly mistakes(his own words)) but TBH he didn't have to bad a day.

Neil Ives didn't have a bad day out with his new cat and all things considered I think he had a good day. and also last of all Ian, who at some point woke up, not in the 1st round as he had a DNF, but the coffee must have kicked in by round 2 with a good second followed by another second in round three!

So to finals, the B....1st Dave, ahh so dave had been saving it for the final, with a smooth drive to take the win, with connor in second,Ian in third, Jonney in 4th But DNF, and Neil Ives 5th also DNF with a broken shock shaft.

The A !st....yep Yawn simon BUT thomas was within a quarter of a lap from simon after 10 laps,slowly these damn yougn's are closing in3rd went to carl 4th went to Nathen 5th to neil Newby and 6th to Craig but it was a great race from 2nd to 6th could have been anyones at any time it was right down to the last lap.

All in all a cold day, with some great close racing. The track was great considering the amount of rain we had had over night.I was pleased with my new horse box race control as it kept me out of the wind and kept my paper in the printer

Bring on the 9th

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117

Last edited by racingdwarf; 05-12-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Jeffin spellin
Old 06-12-2012

I think my first race was my best as i was leading for half the race

Tamiya plasma Edge, Madfighter, Mad rat, X-pro, TLR Losi 22.

EoE regional Junior championship.