Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Northern Ireland

Old 10-01-2012

Default 1/10 BRCA Regional Series

These are the following dates for the BRCA regional series.

Round 1 26/27 May @ BADMCC
Round 2 16/17 June @ NIMCC
Round 3 28/29 July @ BADMCC
Round 4 22 September @ Drop Inn (TBC)

There will be practice on the Saturday from 10:00-12:30. Then race meeting will commence on Sunday.
The day will run along with the 1/8 RCCAOI National rounds. This was done to avoid clashes of dates and free up space on the calendar for other events such as 1/10 RCCAOI National events etc.

Recommend Tyres for NIMCC and Drop Inn are Schumacher Mini Spikes (yellow compound). The Tyres for BADMCC are Losi blockhead fronts (4wd) Losi x-2000 or Losi bigshot rears (both 4wd & 2wd) or Proline Calibers PLEASE NOTE SPIKES ARE NOT PERMITTED AT BADMCC !!!!

Hope everyone can make this series happen as this is the first it has ran for several years. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the clubs for their support and helping me make this happen.
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Great news Andy!! Well done.
I'm delighted that series is going ahead, I hope its a huge success and that it adds to the resurgence in popularity for the sport in the North at the moment

There are a few questions that I have - to which there are no right answers, I just want to be able to answer them when the drivers down here ask.

Will marshalling rules be changed so that 1/10th electric drivers marshal their own section, or will they be marshalling the nitros also? Personally, I'd have no problem marshalling the nitro heats, or any 5 minute final... but an extended final (cant remember if they are 30 or 45 minutes) would wreck some electric driver's heads - maybe its something to be considered.

The BRCA regionals are for just two classes, 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod. Is there any intention to run a Clubman class along side these to attract novice drivers to the championship. The Clubman racers could run in the same heats as the modified, but have a seperate results table and maybe some trophies at the end of the year. As 75% of our racers in the South run in the resricted class (10.5 motor and no esc timing advance) it would be a shame to exclude these drivers.

Regarding the tyres - you've been very good and recommended several suitable tyres for Aghalee. I just want to clarify what is meant by no spikes - the Losi X-2000 has rows of pins around a central X. Are the pins not spikes? If pins (as per the tyre label description) are allowed, could I use a Losi M3 Step-pin? - this tyre has bigger spikes than a Schumacher Minispike, but they are still called pins. It's a very grey area, and we all want to work with you and Aghalee to ensure that their track is not damaged. But perhaps setting 1 control tyre (I recommend Proline Calibers inline with EFRA dirt events) might rule out any technical issues on the day. It also helps the local retialer with stock requirements.

As I said, I'm absolutely thrilled that not only is the series planned and soon to be up and running, but also that there is enthusiasm in the north to go racing outside
Old 10-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

I think the point Andy was driving it is that spikes flat out don't work at Aghalee.

There's little sense restricting what dirt tyres people can use, as there are so few on the market here - I'll be trying out the cheapy Fastrax ones, pre-mounted and all. Calibres and Losi X2000s have proven to work well there, with the former on slightly moister clay, and the latter when it dries out.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 10-01-2012

grass type spike tyres are generally harder..not only will they not work they would damage the surface...so any clay/dirt type tyre whatever the tread arrangement would work...I agree with William about a control tyre..this works in all motorsports...I would also recommend proline calibers...that's what I intend to run...holeshots wouldn't last me 2 runs..badmcc seems quite abrasive
Old 10-01-2012

there is loads of clay tyres available...maybe not in our local hobbyshop...but the compounds and patterns vary vastly ....far far more than any grass / astro tyre...proline,j-concepts,aka,losi,..amounts to dozens of choices from each manufacturer...control tyre is the only way to go for me..
Old 10-01-2012

badmcc?...dirt?...oh no that means I'll have to order the new b4.1 world edition...what a bummer...lol
Old 10-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
grass type spike tyres are generally harder..not only will they not work they would damage the surface...so any clay/dirt type tyre whatever the tread arrangement would work...I agree with William about a control tyre..this works in all motorsports...I would also recommend proline calibers...that's what I intend to run...holeshots wouldn't last me 2 runs..badmcc seems quite abrasive
Calibres, while expensive, do have excellent wear rate. I'd have no complaints using them. Any old rib tyre will work on the front of a 2wd, I'd suggest leaving those open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
badmcc?...dirt?...oh no that means I'll have to order the new b4.1 world edition...what a bummer...lol
- just lie back and think of the team discount....or man up and be the one to work out a dirt setup on the Centro!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 10-01-2012

If there is no current control tire dont limit the tire choose, i have a ton of bowtie and holeshot tires on rims from last years Euros i want to use up. This event would give me the ideal reason to use them for once.

Old 10-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

+1 for calibers.
Ran one set for 6 full rounds at Aghalee (BADMCC) last season and they were stonking (they get better the more they wear!)
As Colin rightly says, they are slightly better on moist ground, and slightly skiddish when it gets really dry and dusty

... or as colin says, whens the track is Bournville they are good, when its Cadbury's its ok, and Lindt is just plain wrong
Old 10-01-2012

Ok here we go !!

1: Marshalling :- depending on numbers we will Marshall ourselves. If not the longest you will have to Marshall will be a 7 min 1/8 race. Finals could be longer again depends on number 1/10 drivers.

2: Clubmans Class :- depends on interest of this class DRIVERS CONTACT ME

3: Tyres :- I'm going with Colin on this one. I don't feel it's suitable to call a control tyre as lots of Tyres are available. The ones I posted are the ones that work at agahlee track. As for definition of Tyres it is as Mark said DIRT TYRES ONLY !! that means GRASS TYRES. This is a ruling of the club and we need to respect their wishes or we won't be allowed back !! If anyone is unsure of a tyre send me a pm with the tyre name and model and I'll check with the club if it's permitted.

Hope this helps !!
Old 10-01-2012

Doh NO GRASS TYRES !!!!! should really preview before posting lol
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Spot on Andy, that's good enough for me.

I'll make a list of Clubman drivers from our club who are interested and come back to you.

Might be a good idea to take a show of hands at the next National Indoor round on Feb 5th as there will be alot of travelling drivers there.

Old 10-01-2012

Great news but that means i have to run 1/8th and 1/10th on the same day ill be busy!!!
Old 13-01-2012

I can now confirm the last round of the BRCA Regionals has been confirmed for saturday 22nd September at Drop Inn Racing !!
Old 25-01-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

If there is going to be a clubman class would they be included in the overall rankings just with separate class winners and so still qualify for an F ranking or would they be ran as an entirely separate (non-regional) class and therefore not eligible for ranking?

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 25-01-2012

BRCA ruling doesn't run a clubmans class. 1/10 is an open class for motors no limits. So in keeping with this there will only be two classes 2wd and 4wd.

You can certainly run 10.5 motors and you will receive an F grade on your fininshing position.

I haven't received any interest from any drivers about running a clubmans class and with the organising getting to the critical point I don't foresee a clubmans class being run. Sorry guys, but nobody contacted me about showing interest.

Andy
Old 25-01-2012

Doesnt affect me too much Andy with no clubman class, but just to highlight something you mentioned in the post above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdesigns
You can certainly run 10.5 motors and you will receive an F grade on your fininshing position.
Is this strictly true? Surely if someone runs 10.5, and through a feat of superhuman driving ability beats everyone else then their grading would be top of the pile - not F.

i.e. isnt it down to how well you do in the series, NOT on your motor rating?
Old 25-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardnim View Post
Doesnt affect me too much Andy with no clubman class, but just to highlight something you mentioned in the post above...

Is this strictly true? Surely if someone runs 10.5, and through a feat of superhuman driving ability beats everyone else then their grading would be top of the pile - not F.

i.e. isnt it down to how well you do in the series, NOT on your motor rating?
The "F" gradings are F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 - all are F gradings.
Winner and certain percentage behind will be F1.
Then certain percentage after that will be F2, etc etc.
Old 25-01-2012

The F grading I speak of is F2 F3 F4 F5 etc. Yes if a guy running a 10.5 motor wins he does indeed take the win for that round.

BRCA is open motor class. This means you can run any motor you want.
Old 25-01-2012

DOH!
Sorry, stupid moment there.

I'll just be in the corner dribbling...