Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Euro Offroad Series

Old 19-01-2013
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple
Default EOS Rd3 - Leoben, Austria. March 8th-10th 2013

Round three of this seasons Euro Offroad Series will be held on the weekend of March 8th-10th 2013, booking in for this event has opened and can be accessed through the myrcm website.
Venue: Tennishall Leoben, Kaerntnerstrasse 77, 8700 Leoben, Austria.

From the UK, Vienna looks like the most likely airport to travel to, with approximately 1.5hr drive to the venue location. We're awaiting further details about accommodation but we hope to continue our EOS2013 attendance with oOple presence at the round 3 event.

Old 19-01-2013
Administrator

Who's going to Austria? We're still planning on how best to get there and to/from the track-hotel. Anyone got some space? Is Vienna the best airport to use - I think there's closer airports but Vienna might be the cheapest?
Old 21-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Who's going to Austria? We're still planning on how best to get there and to/from the track-hotel. Anyone got some space? Is Vienna the best airport to use - I think there's closer airports but Vienna might be the cheapest?
Ill be there with Wanda and im sure DC and Cockers are going

Will need to have a proper look at flights but think that Vienna is the only real option without having a connection flight

2010 BRC F2 2wd Champion
2011 South East 4wd Regional Champion
2012 South East 4wd Regional Champion
Old 24-01-2013

Absima/Team C Drivers are making plans ...

Marcus, Tom, Oli, Yves, me ..... We will see!
Old 24-01-2013

Does anybody know who is the representative / organiser of the EOS race in Austria? Maybe he can give more details about accomodation proposals/costs ? ( have they tried to make a deal with any hotel?) . Also something is mentioned about the transponders compatible with their timing system - are standard AMB old style transponders ok? Thanks in advance for any info

Optional Parts & Car kits
Old 31-01-2013

Any news? Anybody has a contact email of someone responsible for the organization of the EOS race in Austria to ask those questions above ?

Old 31-01-2013
Mini-Jimmy

http://www.eurooffroadseries.com/

There is information about the series at the link above, but it has not yet been updated with hotel information. I checked on google maps and there looked to be various accommodation options nearby but I did not look into whether they are hotels or smaller establishments.

Old 31-01-2013
Mini-Jimmy

I just checked the myrcm booking in site: http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=com&pId[E]=6
(EOS rd3 is currently on page 7 where there is a link to race registration). It looks like the rc4 decoder will be used throughout the series so mrt transponders aren't supported. We *think* there is the option to get a good price on upgrading transponders at each round, or alternatively there are some good upgrade deals in the UK at the moment?

Old 31-01-2013

Hello Jimmy and Vicky and thank you for trying to put out information on the series Maybe we can tip some of the people involved with the organisation of these events to look more often in this beautiful forum so that they can provide info .I might be blind but i cant find a contact email in the eos/redrc page

Not very familiar with the nomenclature timing systems' hardware - have the old style AMB transponder (red one) - is that ok?

Does anybody have the timetable of the events ,even approximately (useful for those that are going to drive to the event from other countries and be back in time for their jobs on Monday and also decide if they have to take the day before the event off too )

Also since there are people participating from all around the world , I think it is a good idea for the organizers to look at accomodation deals with hotels as done for the Petit events for example

Thank you and keep up the great work all of you

Old 31-01-2013
Administrator

I think we need to work together with the organisers to get more information out there for sure - hopefully this can help people get together and talk about the series and discuss upcoming events.
Old 31-01-2013
Administrator

I used my original AMB first-generation PT at Langenfeld on the RC4 system - there was no problem at all. You don't have to change or upgrade.
Old 31-01-2013
Mini-Jimmy

Thanks for the feedback Skidrow.
I have sent a message to the organisers and requested some more info so hopefully we'll hear back soon.

The timetable really depends on how many entrants turn up, but usually the order is something like:
Thursday afternoon folk start to arrive, the track team set up at the venue.
Friday morning - around 8 or 9am the track opens for practice.
In Germany where the race had a very busy entry list, qualifying started on Friday afternoon / evening. I think we finished at about 8pm in Langenfeld.
Saturday morning - usually around an 8am start (earlier if really busy), qualifying all day. Some finals run if the event is very busy. In Langenfeld it was a very late finish (about 10.30pm) but is expected to finish earlier in Austria and Dortmund.
Sunday - finals. Early start again, around 8am, but with the aim to finish at a reasonable time to allow for travelling home.
Main thing to consider with Austria is with the 1.5hour drive to the airport, plus 2 hour check in, you'd probably be looking at flying after 9pm if you were staying right to the end. I've booked Monday off for travelling back as it'd be a shame to go all that way then miss out on the trophy photos.

I did hear that the nearby accommodation is not major hotel chains, not sure how true this is. I will have a look around and see what I can find.

Old 01-02-2013

Default Informations about club/track/contact

Here you can find further informations about the track, the club and responsible persons

http://www.mrc-bruckmur.at/index.html

Kind regards
Raimund (Austria)
Old 02-02-2013

Thank you all for the answers/input so far Website of the track seems german only - i think i am going to send some mails to find out a bit more.
If there are updates on timetables and hotels please post here for everyone to see

Old 04-02-2013

Hi Guys,

Scotty here and it is nice to see the thread going for the EOS. It has been awesome having Jimmy and Vicky joining us and giving us their unique coverage on the EOS. I love it!

I will try and answer any questions I can. I ask that if you have any questions to also email me at scottyernst@gmail.com This is easiest for me as I do travel a lot and I cannot always get online to check the forums, so email always reaches me and I can reply very promptly.

For Transponders, we have updated our decoders and they do not recognize the MRT. If you have MRT's we will again have a great deal to upgrade to the new transponders or we will have transponders you can use for the weekend so you don't have to buy any if you don't want.

Mrs oOple has things covered nicely for the schedule, I also am checking on the accommodations for you to find out what options there are for you guys. We do have a special setup with the hotel we are staying at and I will get the price and information on the deal we have for racers.

Thanks for the interest in the EOS, It has been a great start to the season and the final 2 rounds are going to be very exciting.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 14-02-2013

The first link they provide in the track website with links on hotels doesnt work. Other options i am searching for through the internet seem pretty expensive - not a lot of options near the track neither. Any news/proposals on accomodation boys and ladies?

Old 14-02-2013
Mini-Jimmy

Haven't looked into hotels yet, sorted out flights - swissair and lufthansa seem to be the better deals from up north although found a whole variety of options.
Hopefully Scotty can provide further information about the racer hotel and any special deals

Old 16-02-2013

Sent Scotty an email yesterday ,lets see what they have found

Old 19-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Was the oople team there reporting? Any time frame to when the report will be up?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"