Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 15-06-2010

Default 1/8th 4S typical speed and run times?

Can anyone advise what sort of speed I might expect if I converted one of my nitro buggies to brushless. I really want to know would a typical 4S set up be noticeably faster than my B4, which has a 6.5T motor. Would it be as fast as one of my 1/8th nitros. (I have an RB S5 engine and also a HB.26) . I just want to know what I'm going to expect for the £ it would cost me. I just drive in parks, not racing.

And secondly, what run time might I expect from a 4S 5000 mAh battery. Thanks for your answers.
Old 15-06-2010

Most people gear for 65km/h with 15 minutes of runtime when racing, if you only bash I think you could get 20-25 minuted.
Old 15-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost R View Post
Most people gear for 65km/h with 15 minutes of runtime when racing, if you only bash I think you could get 20-25 minuted.
So this would be faster than a B4 with a 6.5T motor do you think?
Old 16-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

When geared right it should be very similar or quicker than the nitro equiv...

My MBX6 running 5S was hugely fast, quicker than any nitro on the track.

A quick brushless 10th car is mega fast so it maynot seem quicker depending on gearing... an 8th car however will not snap in half so easy
Old 17-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete2222 View Post
Can anyone advise what sort of speed I might expect if I converted one of my nitro buggies to brushless. I really want to know would a typical 4S set up be noticeably faster than my B4, which has a 6.5T motor. Would it be as fast as one of my 1/8th nitros. (I have an RB S5 engine and also a HB.26) . I just want to know what I'm going to expect for the £ it would cost me. I just drive in parks, not racing.

And secondly, what run time might I expect from a 4S 5000 mAh battery. Thanks for your answers.
Dont know your costs in the UK but racing 4s 5kmah is 15-20min racing and 20-30min bashing in parking lots as you are paused and still more than full on the trigger racing. (for the most part)