Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 20-07-2014

Default Servo / Front Upper Plate on RB6

Hi Guys

Hope some one can give me some advise regarding this, I have always had trouble setting my servo just right but after breaking two I have purchased an Xpert one and have took my time to set it up correctly by centering the servo etc..
I am still having trouble with the EPA as i am having to turn the left direction down to about 75% to stop my servo from hitting the underside of the front upper plate and buzzing which is why i think the two previous ones have broke. I have done as the manual says by shaving the edges off on the front upper plate but i am now considering taking out a section of the left front upper plate so that it does not obstruct the left movement on the servo.

Has anybody else come across the same problem or got any tips to try and sort this out.

Thanks
Wayne
Old 20-07-2014

Wayne, give me 24 hours to have a look, we're using one of those servos too, and I don't recall doing anything special.

Are you using the stock servo arm that comes in the kit? I used to use ally servo arms but found the kit ones gave the correct throw and geometry.

Cheers Nigel
Old 20-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's Dad View Post
Wayne, give me 24 hours to have a look, we're using one of those servos too, and I don't recall doing anything special.

Are you using the stock servo arm that comes in the kit? I used to use ally servo arms but found the kit ones gave the correct throw and geometry.

Cheers Nigel

Thanks Nigel, I'm using all Ali steering rank etc but the kit servo horn on the servo. I've spent £80 on this servo and don't want to break this one as we'll
Thanks again
Old 20-07-2014
No trade access

Yes it can be a pain to setup properly.

You can change :

- shims on servo mounts
- length of the small turnbuckle
- you can also add shims behind the servo (see RT6 manual where they also lower the steering parts)

I use a 1mm shim on my small turnbuckle and some servo mounts shims on a KO RSX and got to remove material from the ballcup on the servo horn to clear it from the steering arms but at least it didn't touch the front plate, now around full lock the inside ballcups on the steering plate touch the front bulkhead.