Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 19-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I just read that Brawn offered to close the Aero loopholes which now "allow" the double deck diffuser a year ago, but Renault and BMW blocked it??

In light if having got several things wrong recently, I wouldn't mind knowing before I go ahead and laugh heartily at Briatore!!
Old 19-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

It was my understanding that was correct yes. Ross Brawn is said to have suggested clarifying/closing up the loop hole that has been used for their diffuser.
Old 19-04-2009
Mad Member

Briatore is old-school, and old-school is moving out of F1. Chapman, Tyrrell, Jordan, Oliver, and so on, down to Dennis last week. Only a matter of time before Briatore joins them in rich retirement. The teams are either owned by Manufacturers, or by big companies, and are run like businesses, not market stalls. Seems a shame somehow...

Bernie is going to retire in the next few years, and it looks like Montezemolo will take on the mantle. He might be hard on Ferrari at the moment (he runs them, so no surprise!) but listen to what he says about running F1 - sounds a lot like Bernie to me!

(As an aside, did you hear Ferrari called Ross Brawn "a man of supreme arrogance" at the 'diffuser' hearing? Unbelievable! They didn't mind employing a "man of supreme arrogance" when he was winning seven manufacturer's titles in ten years, did they?!! And look at them now - back to the disarray of pre-1999 before Brawn, Byrne and Schui arrived to sort them out. Only the Italians... )

Congrats to Red Bull, class of the (wet) field today. Let's hope it doesn't rain in Bahrain, and Brawn can get back to the front again.