Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 17-04-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
I also use a full size servo as I don't like low profile, prefer the power of a full size.

Running the shocks on the rear will definitely make it easier to drive. I think Lee and Tom ran them on the front as with them on the rear, although it makes it easier to drive, it does make it lazier. I also ran them on the front and once I changed front tyres it calmed it down a lot.

OK cheers bud. I think the main reason mine felt edgy was cos i wasnt running enough weight. I already opted for worn uncut staggers. I think it was too much mid corner steering i was suffering with, the initial felt about right.

See My Feedback

Old 17-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
I also ran shocks on the rear of the wishbones. Assumed it would make it easier to drive shifting weight rearward slightly. Lee and Tom ran them on the front of the arms. Did you get any information as to why Allan ?
more rotation, stiffer, less rear end
Old 17-04-2015

I was at a local club meeting and used the YZ-2 in the first 2 rounds of qualifying in the 2nd round I was garbage. The car was too twitchy to improve.

The last 2 rounds I ran the Bmax2 and all was calm. I was 2 seconds off my fastest time compared with the YZ-2 and won the final.

I'm seriously considering putting the Bmax2 suspension on all round.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 17-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
I was at a local club meeting and used the YZ-2 in the first 2 rounds of qualifying in the 2nd round I was garbage. The car was too twitchy to improve.

The last 2 rounds I ran the Bmax2 and all was calm. I was 2 seconds off my fastest time compared with the YZ-2 and won the final.

I'm seriously considering putting the Bmax2 suspension on all round.
It's not to do with the suspension, the cars are completely different. It's to do with weight distribution etc, completely different designs.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 17-04-2015

I'm going to check the width, I'm hoping that the wishbones are narrower than the standard ones. In theory that will give me more overall grip.

At the moment I'm running the brass rear hinge pin braces (approx 25g). 20g in front of the rear hinge pin hanger and 65g under the lipo. This helps but seriously struggling for lateral grip and traction.

I loved it at RHR but indoors it's not the car for me. Worksop I'm normally top end of the C pushing for a B final. With the YZ-2 I was in the E final just about every round.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 18-04-2015
Mad Member

Made the A for the first time with mine last night, im still raggy but this car is so fast in some sections of the track, catching other cars very quickly, its my current lack of talent that is the problem lol.
Ran Yatabe orange front 45wt oil and rear springs Yatabe orange, 40wt oil, 55g shorty underweight, 20g servo weight, and the rear brass hangers. Ran again with the Bmax4 rear arms.
Only change i did make was another 1mm spacer under the rear hub ballstud for a bit more lateral grip, probably could have tried Yellow front springs as it was a tech carpet track last night, really cant complain, im learning all the time, my word if love to drive this on minipins on my current set up to see what it could really do, as we run Venoms as a control tyre.

lee
Old 18-04-2015

Quote:
I'm going to check the width, I'm hoping that the wishbones are narrower than the standard ones. In theory that will give me more overall grip.

At the moment I'm running the brass rear hinge pin braces (approx 25g). 20g in front of the rear hinge pin hanger and 65g under the lipo. This helps but seriously struggling for lateral grip and traction.

I loved it at RHR but indoors it's not the car for me. Worksop I'm normally top end of the C pushing for a B final. With the YZ-2 I was in the E final just about every round.
I loved mine at Worksop mate although it was a little edgy compared the older style mid. You need a minimum of 3.5 degrees toe but ideally 4 degrees. Take the 2 screws out the chassis that brace the motor mount also.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 20-04-2015

I'm starting to get somewhere with the setup of my Yz-2 following the North West regional at Bury Metro Yesterday. The track layout had some very tight and technical sections meaning despite the high grip nature of the surface I preferred cut staggers over regular staggers on the front as they helped the car through the tighter sections.
I ran the gullwing front arms and tower for the first time and although it's hard to compare with the standard arms as I didn't do back to back testing I did find I was able to drive the car far more consistently yesterday but that could just be familiarity with the car ... Time will tell.

A tidy round 1 drive put me 3rd in round behind Craig Collinson and Stu Wood so had a great base to build from. Managed a 7th in round 2 which would guarantee the A final so could begin to tinker for round 3.

I lowered the front inner ballstud 1mm in order to increase a little bit of initial steering into the corner and mainly to reduce steering through the middle to end of the corner. I also dropped the rear shock oil from 400 to 350 in the rear shocks to made the car slow down on rotation a little more. Car was decent and certainly safer to drive but hard to say whether it was quicker as I made a few mistakes through the heat pushing too hard coming out with a 8th in round.

The track slowed down significantly in round 4 as lots of sand had been pulled through the astro through the day making it a slippy affair. Naturally rear end grip was reduced in certain areas but my biggest issue was the lack of front end grip with the worn yellow cut staggers on the front. I needed to change my whole driving style to get the car to turn into the corner.

I raised the front inner camber link back to 2mm for the final in an attempt to trick the chassis that the front tyres had some tread left! Was evident from the warm up laps that the fronts were just too far gone so would still have to be far more on the brakes than I had been to get the nose into the corner. Lost a few places on the first lap with my car being unable to hold the inside line then on lap 2 I binned it twice..the driving style required to get the car round now was catching me out. Despite catching the pack I made another error at the end finishing 10th

That said, The car was excellent it was just my lack of preparation that let me down as I had no other cut staggers for the front so had to persevere. Was very surprised to see white how much steering the car has when the grip was up compared with how little when the sand came through. The car definitely felt safer to drive on 3-4run old cut staggers but if conditions get like that again new fronts are a must.

Very happy with this car overall,

Chris
Old 20-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
I'm starting to get somewhere with the setup of my Yz-2 following the North West regional at Bury Metro Yesterday. The track layout had some very tight and technical sections meaning despite the high grip nature of the surface I preferred cut staggers over regular staggers on the front as they helped the car through the tighter sections.
I ran the gullwing front arms and tower for the first time and although it's hard to compare with the standard arms as I didn't do back to back testing I did find I was able to drive the car far more consistently yesterday but that could just be familiarity with the car ... Time will tell.

A tidy round 1 drive put me 3rd in round behind Craig Collinson and Stu Wood so had a great base to build from. Managed a 7th in round 2 which would guarantee the A final so could begin to tinker for round 3.

I lowered the front inner ballstud 1mm in order to increase a little bit of initial steering into the corner and mainly to reduce steering through the middle to end of the corner. I also dropped the rear shock oil from 400 to 350 in the rear shocks to made the car slow down on rotation a little more. Car was decent and certainly safer to drive but hard to say whether it was quicker as I made a few mistakes through the heat pushing too hard coming out with a 8th in round.

The track slowed down significantly in round 4 as lots of sand had been pulled through the astro through the day making it a slippy affair. Naturally rear end grip was reduced in certain areas but my biggest issue was the lack of front end grip with the worn yellow cut staggers on the front. I needed to change my whole driving style to get the car to turn into the corner.

I raised the front inner camber link back to 2mm for the final in an attempt to trick the chassis that the front tyres had some tread left! Was evident from the warm up laps that the fronts were just too far gone so would still have to be far more on the brakes than I had been to get the nose into the corner. Lost a few places on the first lap with my car being unable to hold the inside line then on lap 2 I binned it twice..the driving style required to get the car round now was catching me out. Despite catching the pack I made another error at the end finishing 10th

That said, The car was excellent it was just my lack of preparation that let me down as I had no other cut staggers for the front so had to persevere. Was very surprised to see white how much steering the car has when the grip was up compared with how little when the sand came through. The car definitely felt safer to drive on 3-4run old cut staggers but if conditions get like that again new fronts are a must.

Very happy with this car overall,

Chris
It was eating tyres that track yesterday! I went through two sets on the 4wd and then in the final they needed replacing again
Old 20-04-2015

Was ridiculous wasn't it Gaz! I used 3 pairs of yellows on the rear. The pairs I ran for 2 runs aren't fit even for a club day in my opinion! The fronts have gone from brand new to useless in 2 meetings too!

On my Team C cars I always ran whites at Bury as they lasted much longer and made the car rotate quicker through the corners. I'm gonna try it on my YZ-2 but unsure how it will work given the amount of natural rotation the chassis generates.

I bet on a 4wd whites would be good.
Old 22-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:

Its gotta be something daft pack. I was c,d finals with bmax2 and put the yz2 a n b finals. At seaham it was awesome too and that was on worn cut staggers. I know youll hate this but id honestly strip it n start again. Copy the worksop set up as a start point for indoor.

Last edited by Danny Harrison; 22-04-2015 at 01:23 AM.
Old 22-04-2015

Which anti-roll bars fit the YZ? Is it the bmax4iii ones? Just interested in trying them out.
Old 22-04-2015
Mad Member

I think guys are making them. 4wd ones don't fit.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 22-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidzilla View Post
Which anti-roll bars fit the YZ? Is it the bmax4iii ones? Just interested in trying them out.
The ones from the B-Max4-II fit.
Old 28-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
The front end is really sharp on the astro. It's not a bad thing, just had to dial it down slightly.
With the 4mm is it a hand in hand it must go to 1.5mm aswell? Or can you leave the 2mm section pictured by neil.

Want to tame mine down before i take it for first run ideally.

I will be running straight arms though until i get used to car tho and then plump for gullwing setup.

Any other tips really that a very average driver should do setup wise for this car as opposed to top drivers that will make car nice and easier to drive. Dry and wet please

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 28-04-2015

Yeah - get out on track and practice!

There's so much set-up information coming out on here and other forums, which is really useful to consider, but at the end of the day it comes down to your personal preference for how you want the car to handle to suit your own driving style.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 28-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Yeah - get out on track and practice!

There's so much set-up information coming out on here and other forums, which is really useful to consider, but at the end of the day it comes down to your personal preference for how you want the car to handle to suit your own driving style.
My setups are always easy to drive!
Il get one on here for monday next week for you to try
Old 28-04-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Hang on Gaz, don't be sharing the magic to all and sundry.
Old 28-04-2015

Quote:
Cheers buddy !!

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 29-04-2015

Quote:
Mine too - for me! Whether they would be for others is another question.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST