Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 22-10-2014

Default Questions about electronics

Thinking of returning to RC and trying my hand at racing, however I'm wondering what the rules are with electronics.

I'd like to go with a more budget build so was looking at the Hobbyking lipos, ESC and motors, would they be legal?

If not is there any budget electronics you guys would recommend.

Thanks
Old 22-10-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

As you've posted in the YORCC section, I'll assume you're only racing at York for a little while

Speedo and motor wise there are no restrictions in modified classes. Most sensible people with normal (rather than superstar) thumbs would recommend a speedo rated around 100amps and a motor around 10.5 for either 2 or 4wd. Plenty fast enough to be competitive in the top heats.

Cells - hardcase only, 2 cell only. They do not need to be on the BRCA approved list. Think Turnigy Nanotach - great cells and cheap as chips. 1 pack is fine, 2 is better. Don't forget a charge pouch and lipo compatible charger too!
Old 22-10-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

http://www.yorcc.org.uk/about/
Old 22-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
As you've posted in the YORCC section, I'll assume you're only racing at York for a little while

Speedo and motor wise there are no restrictions in modified classes. Most sensible people with normal (rather than superstar) thumbs would recommend a speedo rated around 100amps and a motor around 10.5 for either 2 or 4wd. Plenty fast enough to be competitive in the top heats.

Cells - hardcase only, 2 cell only. They do not need to be on the BRCA approved list. Think Turnigy Nanotach - great cells and cheap as chips. 1 pack is fine, 2 is better. Don't forget a charge pouch and lipo compatible charger too!
Thanks alot, I was thinking of going 17.5T first but I'll see

And great, that saves me a lot on batteries got a charger from my quadcopters so just would need a pouch
Old 22-10-2014

We run a class for 4wd 17.5t, but the esc must run in blinky mode. If not you would be in the the modified class against 6.5t - 10.5t motors.
Old 23-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2222 View Post
We run a class for 4wd 17.5t, but the esc must run in blinky mode. If not you would be in the the modified class against 6.5t - 10.5t motors.
Ah so 2wd 17.5T isn't run then? maybe I'm mistaken but could of sworn I saw it on the site

Last edited by Zilla; 23-10-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 23-10-2014

2wd/17.5t would run in the 4wd class. A better option for 2wd would be the 540 sealed can class (20t Hpi saturn) Its very competitive and motor /speedo cost about £30. You can race vintage RC10 or the latest KF.