Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 12-11-2014

Looks really nice, Dan!
Old 12-11-2014
Awesome Admin

More power required
Old 12-11-2014

Btw, what exact motor is this and what total gear ratio do you have now? It seems to be geared pretty well, with good balance between speed and acceleration.
Old 12-11-2014

Send a message via AIM to Devin Cast
Default thanks for offerring help

thanks for the video. I started working on my wish list of parts that you provided(thx). I was curious about a few things. First, the custom belt you ordered, where did you get it? and what were the specs? Also you had mentioned the "Gomachv nose plate, shock tower and upper link stand offs". so you have to have any information on those (templates?) or were they just modified to fit? Very curious. Once a again, love the look of the car and I really appriecate your help.
Old 12-11-2014
Awesome Admin

Dan will point you in the right direction of the belt which probably came from here https://sdp-si.com

And Gomachv is a guy called Jeff who is a very handy guy in US that can make more or less anything Rc related you want
Old 13-11-2014
Mad Member

Hi Devin,

The belt is from toughracing and is 201 tooth (603mm) S3M pitch belt 4mm wide.

As Justin says, Gomachv is a great guy on RC10TALK who provided the customised nose plate and shock tower + standoffs for the car. He has also built a 4wd RC10 variant but he takes his drive from the top layshaft.

Dan
Old 13-11-2014

As Dan stated, my drive system is a bit different but the overall concept is the same. I really just wanted to give people some flexibility. The other goal with the one I built was to keep it era correct. The new version will use easier to obtain b44 parts. Only the front case and carriers will be printed. Per dan and MiniMini's request i will have a two gear front box as well, for those that prefer the MIP style drive.

Dan, that thing is looking AWESOME! Great work!
Old 13-11-2014

Send a message via AIM to Devin Cast
Default thanks

Hey guys thanks for the feed back, I really love the way Dan's car came together. I am thinking I want to try and do the front swing arms from the WC RC10 and B44 steering knuckles and rear b44 hubs ( I read that I should use the B44 rear CVD axles. Any suggestions. This is your guys world, I'm just playing in it
Devin
Old 13-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomachv View Post
As Dan stated, my drive system is a bit different but the overall concept is the same. I really just wanted to give people some flexibility. The other goal with the one I built was to keep it era correct. The new version will use easier to obtain b44 parts. Only the front case and carriers will be printed. Per dan and MiniMini's request i will have a two gear front box as well, for those that prefer the MIP style drive.

Dan, that thing is looking AWESOME! Great work!
Jeff, I can't wait for my 2 gear front case it'll really finish off the car.

I've been thinking, it'd be perfect if the case could mount to a stock front tower, retaining the original nose plate and tower so that the look remains full RC10, just like a real 4-10 legend......the case could mount with 2 screws through the lower horizontal of the front RC10 tower and then somehow have an integrated lower mount to screw to the chassis/nose plate with a bit of drilling this could be possible, what do you think?

Glad you all like the car - makes me happy I did it

Dan

Last edited by DanB4; 13-11-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 13-11-2014

That's similar to what we are doing. It will bolt to both the chassis and tower to make a very solid assembly, without drilling the chassis.
Old 13-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB4 View Post
Glad you all like the car - makes me happy I did it

Dan
We do, kudos for a well executed mod. Can you look into this question btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optima4Ever View Post
Btw, what exact motor is this and what total gear ratio do you have now? It seems to be geared pretty well, with good balance between speed and acceleration.
Old 14-11-2014
Mad Member

Henk it's from an old Carisma M40 rtr touring car. I did an event back in 2009/2010 where CML sponsored with around 10 cars for public participation sessions and the motors were installed in them. They were too fast so I changed for silver can 540's for the public to use.

Incidentally it's this very motor that I used in my video when racing my Turbo Optima Mid Special against modern brushless cars.

http://youtu.be/G3-PiMoPufA
Old 14-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomachv View Post
That's similar to what we are doing. It will bolt to both the chassis and tower to make a very solid assembly, without drilling the chassis.
Eagerly waiting for that buddy
Old 14-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB4 View Post
Henk it's from an old Carisma M40 rtr touring car. I did an event back in 2009/2010 where CML sponsored with around 10 cars for public participation sessions and the motors were installed in them. They were too fast so I changed for silver can 540's for the public to use.

Incidentally it's this very motor that I used in my video when racing my Turbo Optima Mid Special against modern brushless cars.

http://youtu.be/G3-PiMoPufA

Ah, I remember you mentioning that motor a while back. But since that was in your Mid, I thought this would be another one, and didn't consider it would be the same type/one.

And what total gear ratio is it running?