Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 21-11-2014

That's ultra cool! I was still racing a Tamiya SRB when these first appeared (young with no money of my own to upgrade). Wish I'd kept hold of that car. Love the addition of the MG Brown spot, very period.
Old 21-11-2014

Default Photos

Thanks Bomber, I am rubbish with computers!!! Anyway that's my Meteor finally.

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 21-11-2014

Default Paint scheme

Not sure about the paint job yet, gotta be something of the correct period though, maybe some flames, Maybe like a Masami Cat, that would be kinda cool ha ha ha!!!

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 21-11-2014
Awesome Admin

Looks good pal got there in the end now you just need to fit some electrics and get it on the track.
Old 23-11-2014

There was a Modified Meteor article in RRC, followed by a Mk.II and Mk.III plus a Meteor Maintenace.
I have been going through my old magazines and if you need something then give me a shout.
Old 24-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haswell View Post
There was a Modified Meteor article in RRC, followed by a Mk.II and Mk.III plus a Meteor Maintenace.
I have been going through my old magazines and if you need something then give me a shout.
I've got a scanned copy of the 'MK3' article (its what I'm basing my Meteor build on) which I've posted up here on a thread some while ago. But I've never seen either the MK1 or MK2 articles?

Does anyone remember the later article on how to make your Meteor into an on-road racer with locked-up front suspension??
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 30-11-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

Jeez,that is one helluva trick Meteor,very,very nice indeed.

Tempted to get one of those Penguin LWB Mete shells and bang it onto
my own modded Cobra,it'd look priddy good I reckon.

Dug around in my spare bits today and found a complete Meteor g/box and a few steering parts,Cobra front/rear bulkheads,front mounts and suspension arms that I'm going to list on E-Bay.

Dunno what they're worth,but the Mete g/box is good with ballraced outdrives and a mint red spur gear.
I only ever ran it on a 27t superstock when it was fitted to a Cobra chassis.
Old 14-12-2014

Send a message via AIM to greenplane
Default 4WD

Has anyone thought of a 4x4 Meteor , think it would make a great competitor
Mike
Old 30-05-2017

Amazing Meteor!!!

I've been searching high and low on the internet to find a gold chassis, with no luck at all... Come to the conclusion I will have to get one made. Can anyone who has one tell me what the dimensions are please?

Thanks
Old 31-05-2017

That's a lovely looking Meteor.. I used to run one mainly indoors on carpet mid to late 80s... The cost of replacement parts was pennies and it was very robust, and the noise of the 32DP gearing was unmistakable.

As well as the Option House shocks, I had the Saddle pack part of the Schumacher SPC 1/12 scale chassis attached to the original SWB car, also ball raced the steering arms along with replacing the e-clips on the wheels for normal threaded ones.

I used it to good effect indoors racing at Stafford Mini Nats and actually embarrassing a few people with much more expensive 4wd cars running motors while I was actually running an MG brown dot..

Loving the MG brown dot motor in your car... not seen one of those for a very long time

There was a one off meeting I went to at York Racecourse where I was forever snapping Drive cups that finally saw the demise of me running that car any longer.
It then had a custom LWB aluminium chassis milled to accept the Corally battery trays before it got passed onto a different member of our local club to use.
Old 01-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Amazing Meteor!!!

I've been searching high and low on the internet to find a gold chassis, with no luck at all... Come to the conclusion I will have to get one made. Can anyone who has one tell me what the dimensions are please?

Thanks
I ended up buying a complete donor car just for the gold chassis and longer front wishbones, and that was only a couple of weeks ago, so they do come up for sale occasionally. If you are making your own chassis do you already have the long front wishbones as they are seemingly the toughest part to actually source? Or are you making the slightly earlier LWB chassis to take the original shorter wishbones? We made our own LWB chassis back in the day for ours - assuming you are keeping the car virtually the same you can pretty much replicate the old dimensions but just add around 3cm in overall length. That is the difference between the SWB and LWB from memory.