Anyone for club trucks... We could have 2 full heats
Matt am using one for Ben
Old 31-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrc View Post
Matt am using one for Ben
That's cool 👍
Old 31-03-2015

if my eldest lad can make it round the track OK can we get him on the club truck with the other youngsters?
Old 31-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingt5 View Post
if my eldest lad can make it round the track OK can we get him on the club truck with the other youngsters?
For sure. Everyone starts somewhere
Old 31-03-2015

how much is it for a junior non member?
Old 31-03-2015

Quote:
how much is it for a junior non member?
£5 come see me
Old 31-03-2015

Default Shambles

Well gents, as usual I decided to run an extra heat because of half term, increased entries, and the usual suspects who don't bother to book in.
Last week we announced after our hard work, to possibly stay where we are, and yet the amount of us left to pack away tonight out of 58 is quite frankly pathetic.

Get booked in early if you intend to come and don't forget to let us know if you can't make it. Let's not see our first people ever sent home without racing.
WE WILL ONLY BE RUNNING 5 HEATS FROM NOW ON!!!

Rant over, but still fuming and feel a bit let down to be honest.

Thanks to those that always stay, this is not intended at you and I'm sure you feel the pain.

Oh, and thanks to tonight back to the smaller track next week also.

Matt
Old 01-04-2015

I usually stay to the end and help pack away, but I had a nightmare last night, Club truck broke a wishbone when another truck ran into it, so I let Lewis run the Blitz (first timer) steering was a bit sensitive, so he stopped so I could turn the DR down a wee bit, meanwhile Puppy picked it up thinking it was broke and pulled us off the track as it didnt have a gear cover on it? (its a short course truck)

While I understand the safety aspect for marshalling but even my 6yr knows not to touch the throttle whilst being marshalled! It seems mad to me as its got a massive body shell covering all the inner bits and if its not spinning theres no danger, I looked around and only saw 1 other car out of about 20 I saw with a gear cover on....? can someone point me in the direction of the regs surrounding this.

Peter and I both run the TEKNO SCT which does not have a gear cover at all from the factory, do I assume we now cannot run these trucks indoor.

So I too was not that happy as I paid the money for the 2 of us and only did a heat each? To add insult to injury I ripped the arse out of my work trousers marshalling a car after the race I couldnt race in

Rant over, back in 2 wks providing I can run the TEKNO without a gear cover on it.
Old 01-04-2015

Justin, I'm sorry you too had a less than satisfying night. I'll swap with you anytime. As I said above, my 'rant' wasn't aimed at anyone in particular just that it's unacceptable. It is a matter of weeks since a healthy number of members sat at the AGM listening to me tell them how tired I am. I agreed to stay because of the overwhelming support offered by all and it seems to back to normal already.

Paul is a club official and if he deamed a car to be unsafe then you'll have to ask him why? I personally would've then and there.

I'm pleased a six year old is clear on the safety rules concerning throttling when in marshals hands, however I thought all did including adults and yet sadly it still happens.

Last edited by chuckie stella; 01-04-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2015

# just saying I'm usually there to help.

The adults are worse than the kids on the throttle/Marshall issue, if a car is revving it's nuts off I won't touch it simples.

Some clarification of the gear cover requirements would be useful for future reference though. 👍
Old 01-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
I usually stay to the end and help pack away, but I had a nightmare last night, Club truck broke a wishbone when another truck ran into it, so I let Lewis run the Blitz (first timer) steering was a bit sensitive, so he stopped so I could turn the DR down a wee bit, meanwhile Puppy picked it up thinking it was broke and pulled us off the track as it didnt have a gear cover on it? (its a short course truck)

While I understand the safety aspect for marshalling but even my 6yr knows not to touch the throttle whilst being marshalled! It seems mad to me as its got a massive body shell covering all the inner bits and if its not spinning theres no danger, I looked around and only saw 1 other car out of about 20 I saw with a gear cover on....? can someone point me in the direction of the regs surrounding this.

Peter and I both run the TEKNO SCT which does not have a gear cover at all from the factory, do I assume we now cannot run these trucks indoor.

So I too was not that happy as I paid the money for the 2 of us and only did a heat each? To add insult to injury I ripped the arse out of my work trousers marshalling a car after the race I couldnt race in

Rant over, back in 2 wks providing I can run the TEKNO without a gear cover on it.

Justin when I gave you the car after the race I said it needed a gear cover on it, you said you have one to put on it. Didn't hear anything after that from you, would of been good idea to speak to me last night and ask why I pulled it off, although would hope it's fairly obvious why!

As for other cars not having gear covers, these are enclosed within the shell so technically that is a cover, as would a 4wd SC or a mid motor stadium truck (although these do have covers) with the motor out the back of your truck where a Marshall could hold it, not having a cover is a safety issue.

I'm sure the brca would wave there hands of any claim as it's in the rules gears must be covered that handbook we all throw in the bin
Old 01-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUpton View Post
Justin when I gave you the car after the race I said it needed a gear cover on it, you said you have one to put on it. Didn't hear anything after that from you, would of been good idea to speak to me last night and ask why I pulled it off, although would hope it's fairly obvious why!

As for other cars not having gear covers, these are enclosed within the shell so technically that is a cover, as would a 4wd SC or a mid motor stadium truck (although these do have covers) with the motor out the back of your truck where a Marshall could hold it, not having a cover is a safety issue.

I'm sure the brca would wave there hands of any claim as it's in the rules gears must be covered that handbook we all throw in the bin
Thats fair enough, nothing personal chaps, just venting. I do have a cover just in a box in the garage and thought I had it with me, so I was gutted we couldn't carry on hence we left early.