Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 26-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
Good luck with that mate.
I will beat you all with my new toy:-

Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 26-02-2014

I've decided to close the shop and come down for this one. So all you 2WD guys can be safe in the knowledge that you will not be last
Old 27-02-2014

Looking forward to this one.. hopefully my driving is better than the last time I was down. But not so hopeful as not raced in a while! fingers cross the weather is half decent!!!
Old 27-02-2014

Can anyone recommend a Battery I can use for Charging on site? I figure I may need it on Sunday
Old 27-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Can we make a heat of trucks,? I've managed to fix my short course and is ready to go. So come on and bring them trucks out.
I've got rid of the nasty rtr rubber and got the Schumachers yellows you recommended Tony so I'll be there with with the ST ready to race! Andy's just gone out and got himself a truck as well... We'll have more trucks than buggies if this carries on!

What tyres were you guys saying to use in the wet? I thought you'd said losi but can find any on t'interweb...
Old 28-02-2014

Hi Andy, on the truck we were using Losi step pin in red compound in the wet or damp conditions, I have a brand new pair in my bag ready for you on Sunday.
Don't forget that this Sunday is control tyre on the rear of your 2wd buggy, ballistic buggy greens when wet and ballistic buggy white's when dry.
Old 28-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidzilla View Post
Can anyone recommend a Battery I can use for Charging on site? I figure I may need it on Sunday
Hi

If you are buying new you ideally you want a leisure/marine battery with a deep charge/discharge cycle. Standard car 12V batteries aren't really designed for the continuous discharge we impose on them whilst charging our cells from them and don't tend to last very long.

Anything from around 80A/Hours upwards will be more than enough for a days racing. If there are more than one of you using it you might want to go a little bigger just to be on the safe side as 110A ones are not a lot more expensive. I find caravan shops often sell them at a decent price or plenty of on-line places. Halfords do them but I have always found them more expensive. You will need a proper charger for it though as a standard car 12V charger will kill it fairly quickly.

However if you have a old 12V car battery lying around then I would use that until it dies.

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 28-02-2014

Thanks Rob, will go hunting for one this afternoon

Am looking forward to Sundays races will be cool to see if there is SC stuff racing.. kinda fancy getting myself one
Old 28-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Hi Andy, on the truck we were using Losi step pin in red compound in the wet or damp conditions, I have a brand new pair in my bag ready for you on Sunday.
Don't forget that this Sunday is control tyre on the rear of your 2wd buggy, ballistic buggy greens when wet and ballistic buggy white's when dry.
I did hear talk of the ballistic on Sunday Tony... Should of been paying closer attention, I've only got ballistic greens! Doh! I bought some whites from a Steve on Sunday but I thought they were Schumacher, I'll have to check!

I'm Dean btw... Andy is the other one! I had the truck on Sunday!... I'm gonna start signing off on my posts to prevent confusion!

Squidzilla, I've been using a secondhand battery I got from Silverlake for £20 for almost six months and is been fine... Never managed to run it down, but I think you can pick up leisure batteries for about £80 so depends what you prefer.

Dean!
Old 28-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I will beat you all with my new toy:-

Loving the springy bumper Fribbers. Should it not be green though?
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 28-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgio View Post
I'll be there with with the ST ready to race! We'll have more trucks than buggies if this carries on! ..
That's the attitude. Y'know, out of the 4 times I've taken my truck, could you guess how many times I've been the only one with their truck? If I sound like it pissed me off, then I sound correct.

Don't fret though, the truck is undergoing a mod or two and shall return to give you bastards a mobile chicane, the likes of which you've not known since last I attended.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 28-02-2014

Quote:
Don't fret though, the truck is undergoing a mod or two and shall return to give you bastards a mobile chicane, the likes of which you've not known since last I attended.
Ha ha, don't think we've met yet I assume you're Lionel, you won't miss me I'll be the unintentional second half of that mobile chicane due to being lapped by Dan and Steve! and Andy won't be there this week so I should be more easily distinguishable!
Old 01-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Ha ha, don't think we've met yet I assume you're Lionel, you won't miss me I'll be the unintentional second half of that mobile chicane due to being lapped by Dan and Steve! and Andy won't be there this week so I should be more easily distinguishable!
I thought you guys were like Ant and Dec - you only ever see them together and no-one knows which one is which

You should worry - somebody mistook me for Mikey Scott once

Hopefully see you tomorrow

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 01-03-2014
oOple Advertiser

Have a great time everybody - I can't make it - Enjoy
Old 01-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
I assume you're Lionel
That I am.

I won't be there this week either, I have a big split in my windscreen, So, until that's done, I'm going nowhere.

Truck mod should be done by next weekend though, and It'll want testing
SWorkz S12-2

Old 01-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Truck mod should be done by next weekend though, and It'll want testing
Yeah yeah, I know what you're all thinking, Why bother? Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.
SWorkz S12-2

Old 01-03-2014

Quote:
Yeah yeah, I know what you're all thinking, Why bother? Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.
Keep the faith Lionel and push on with that mod... I might not be
around next week but there seems to be a few of us now so it will happen at some stage!!

Also would any of you good men be able to show me how to break in/set a ball diff in my 210 buggy tomorrow as I have taken out the RTR gear diff as I have a sneaking suspicion that it may as dry as a nuns ***** and I have no diff oil or seals (Will be visiting MB models shortly after writing this)
Old 01-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Keep the faith Lionel and push on with that mod... I might not be
around next week but there seems to be a few of us now so it will happen at some stage!!

Also would any of you good men be able to show me how to break in/set a ball diff in my 210 buggy tomorrow as I have taken out the RTR gear diff as I have a sneaking suspicion that it may as dry as a nuns ***** and I have no diff oil or seals (Will be visiting MB models shortly after writing this)
hey dean , i have some diff oil in my hauller , if you want some , if soo come and see me in the morning
Old 01-03-2014

Hey Shaun... Somebody knows my name!!

I've put in the ball diff but if for some reason that doesn't work could attempt filling the gear diff... cheers buddy!
Old 01-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Hey Shaun... Somebody knows my name!!

I've put in the ball diff but if for some reason that doesn't work could attempt filling the gear diff... cheers buddy!
cool , who could forget you dean