Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 17-10-2011

Doubtful for 30th, but happy to help out marshalling this heat and/or the next to bump up numbers
Old 17-10-2011
Mad Member

Looks like a couple of Clanfield Truggy driver's are looking at getting sc trucks in the near future
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 17-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
We have a request on the Winter Series thread for a SC heat. We need an absolute minimum of 4 to run a heat and even that is a little difficult for next heat marshalling but given it is a new class we obviously need to help it along.

So how many would be ready for the 30th Oct meeting?

Rob
30th October seems tight for me (but could make it, if it meant the numbers would be good enough), I need some sensible springs, mine are currently too soft I recon...
Old 23-10-2011

So some springs arrived from the US of A (pal hand carried them back for me ), sorted the speedo motor combo (undergeared before), and essentially ready too go, although i will be racing 4WD buggy next week, so if there is enough for SC then it will have to be in addition...
Old 25-10-2011

Got mine now, won a HPI Blitz ese as 1st place truggy prize from Clanfield summer series.
All built now waiting on ESC and some tyres. borrowing a ESC from Mr Magoo with a 8.5t motor, might be a bit slow though!!!!
Not sure on tyre's, I am thinking yellow mini spike on rear and blue mini spike on front not sure, as it's all new me. Any help !!!!!
Old 25-10-2011
Mad Member

you don't need any help Tony glad you built it get some pics of you trackside with it for Apex and Hpi .
looking forward to seeing it going at Torch
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 25-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Got mine now, won a HPI Blitz ese as 1st place truggy prize from Clanfield summer series.
All built now waiting on ESC and some tyres. borrowing a ESC from Mr Magoo with a 8.5t motor, might be a bit slow though!!!!
Not sure on tyre's, I am thinking yellow mini spike on rear and blue mini spike on front not sure, as it's all new me. Any help !!!!!

So far, tried with Fastrax 'Kourse Kings' and the SC10 4x4 out of the box tyres, both had plenty of grip, but Kourse Kings allow you to cut some spikes off to loose some grip which seems to be the main issue on TORCH astro.....

Still loads of grip and I have lost the 2 outer row and two inner rows of spikes off the fronts...

Avoid open cell foam inserts (I tried HPI ones).... they have completely collapsed, so i am using the proline blue inserts (medium) closed cell foam....

still learning with this.... hoping the spring change is going to make life a little less edgey....currently runing redcuing stearing sensitivity with the TX

Schumacher spikes, have not tried yet... be interested to see if they are a better option....

On dirt it was brilliant out the box, but on Astro it was a little different to say the least...... sure you guys will show the way.... I am very much needing some guidance on this....
Old 25-10-2011

Will there be enough SC for a heat this weekend at the all dayer?. Should be interesting to watch!!.
Old 25-10-2011

Still waiting on my electrics so its a big no show for me on the SC front
Old 25-10-2011

Working I think also no esc or motor yet, shell not painted or wheels and tyre's
Old 28-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

My DESC410R is finished.

It just needs electrics (we've got some Trinity short course motors in...), tyres, inserts and the shell back from paint...
Old 30-10-2011

Fastrax King Kourse, stiffer front springs, re-programing of the speedo, , and getting more teeth in, all very much an improvement, a little slippy today, but it was getting to the stage of being very drive-able.... although completely at the mercy of random events once airborne...

Underbody is essential, I think i have cleaned the entire track of loose astro, its now on my office carpet if anyone wants it back...without one, I think it needs drain holes, and cast iron covers in the chassis

OOOooo and nice to see a 2nd SC doing a tour at the end too....
Old 18-11-2011

HPI Blitz now ready to run will bring it along for a test soon.
Old 18-11-2011

Mines built and new wheels/tyres done now also, just a small binding issue to sort on the front and she is ready to rock and roll.

Might bring along sunday for a shake down after heats
Old 20-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
Who's got Short Course trucks?

Mark and I have just got a couple, so we'll get em built up and give them a spin at TORCH sometime.

Wondering if we could get enough for a heat?
Hi all, my name's Steve and I popped along today for the first time, luuurvly set up, had a good chat with one of the committee members, (sorry I cant remember his name) mention Short Course and he said you were trying to get SC going, I am a total noooob at RC let alone racing anything but being now 48 years youngish really want to get involved! I've already ordered an HPI Blitz ESE with the new Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT Edition motor and ESC combo love the look! Look forward to meeting more of you
Old 20-11-2011

Ran mine for the first time today, Schumacher yellows and it handled quite well. Need to address afew bits and probably put some thicker oil in the shocks to compensate for the weight but all in all a good start
Old 21-11-2011

Default HPI Blitze ESE

Some pics of finished truck, Big thank you to Apex models for giving great prizes

Old 21-11-2011

Yaaaay! Blitz ESE turned up................nice paint job Wylie...........
Old 21-11-2011

Cheers
Wanted it bright so I could see it, (old age) Sshmuttley, you are aware that no wheels or tyres are included in the kit, was recomended to get DE Racing wheels as the HPI one's will strip the hexes out quite easy also the trye of choice will probably be Schumacher mini spike for the astro turf.
Hope this helps.
Tony.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Mine should be ready for this weekend.

We've got the Schumacher SC mini spikes in stock, in both yellow and blue. And some suitable HPI inserts. Should be ideal for astro.

Not got many wheels though, only TD at the moment for myself! There's too many types for me to get my head around.

Will we have enough for a comedy heat this coming Sunday?