Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 02-06-2006

Default dark impact conversion kit!!!!!

dark impact conversion kit!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (208.5 KB, 203 views)
Old 02-06-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yes, been in touch, they are also working on a central battery layout like the kit chassis gives (and the reason to BUY the DI).
Old 04-06-2006

Things needed for my DI:

New chassis, slipper, upgraded diffs, upgraded shock towers, upgraded suspension arms.

There may be little of the original DI left when people are done upgrading it. But there is something strangely appealing about the car.

Just finnished assebling mine.
Old 04-06-2006

well....

Slipper is nearly ready for sale, to allow B4 parts.

Diffs - will be fine once the slipper is in use

Towers - Make your own like I did heehee

Suspension arms are fine

Chassis - only required if you can remove the suspension mounting from the rear gearbox.
Old 04-06-2006

i think that the suspension mounting rods need alu block .....on the front a carbon brace will be enough........on the rear i think that is possible to make a rear bumper with integrated suspension block (in alu of course...) and maybe a steel plate to inner rear to absorb the stress and save the gearbox .......
Old 04-06-2006

I was thinking more of using the TRF suspension blocks from the TC cars. This gives you the opportunity to play with rear inboard toe plus anti-squat, I would think some 'adjusting' of the rear gearbox would be needed but in the ned be far more benneficial.
Old 05-06-2006

to play with toe is possible to use tbevo rear hubs? they are made in 0.5°and 1° i remember......so if you invert them left/right you could have many angles from 0 to 3-4° .....another question ...when i've assembled the car i was not able to find anyting on C hubs that show how many deg they are........they looks similar to tb evo 4 c hubs 2 degs so if on the DI are 0° these could be interesting optionals to have more caster...

Bye and sorry my bad eng!
Old 05-06-2006

Capellone24,

Sorry, you cant use the Evo alloy hubs on the DI. Firstly they raise the axle height too much, secondly they use a 2.5mm hinge pin (the DI one is 3mm) and finally they use a 5x9 bearing which IMO isn't really good in such a high load position (the DI uses 5x11)

I don't think you could use the Evo4 C-hubs either, as the Di steering knuckles are much bigger than the ones on the Evo4.
Old 05-06-2006

ok thanks for the info.........i've senn pro-s-futaba have in stock many hop up for the DI .....i've asked Masa at rc-champ for the optional and he said me that Five star's owner is his friend and so he has all the hop-ups in stock ......
Old 06-06-2006

That's good news:smile:

I don't think you NEED all those five star option parts, but they are nice - looking forward to seeing proper pics of their front tower.

I am running their alloy input shafts, and they are very light.
Old 06-06-2006

for racing, alloy suspension parts are a no-no to me, but the shock towers might be worth it, dunno what they are thinking with the two peice rear tower though.