Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Blackpool Radio control car club

Old 16-09-2013
Mad Member

Default Well worth a visit to the club

Hi guys

I know I posted on your facebook page but I just wanted to say thanks again for Saturday and to recommend your club to anyone who wants some practice

I took the micro down there on Saturday to have a blast ahead of this weekends UK MicroX event and the forthcoming BRCA National Series and it was an ideal venue for it

£5 got me practice form 2pm to 7pm although I headed off about 5ish. The track was a decent sized length with a straight of around 20m(?), the width was perfect and lap times were around the 15.00 average mark for my EMB-1. The surface was all carpet and had 3-4 jumps and a wall ride leading on to the straight.

My only 'criticism' for the Micro is that there were a couple of big sleeping policeman that had no downramps which doesn't really suit the micro but they were decent for 1/10th and as the club is a 1/10th club I can't complain!

The facility is awesome and there is a lot of potential there, they have a cafe and a bar downstairs which is ideal!

Thanks to all who I met on Saturday, great bunch of lads and I will be back at some point this year for more practice.

If there is anyone in the area that has not been there before, then I urge you to get down there.

Andy
Old 17-09-2013

Thanks alot for the feedback much appreciated!

Would love to see the micro buggy down again as I think many people who I spoke to where amazed at how fast and nippy the little Schumacher was!

niall_24@live.com
Old 28-09-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I would just like to add how happy I was with my visit to the Blackpool club.

Easy to get to just off the M55, with loads of parking right outside the front door.

I hadn't had my tea so I popped into the biker cafe and had great cheap scran and chatted to a few bikers.

The track is all carpet and already set up so you can have plenty of track time before the racing starts.

Ideal place to go and try if you maybe can't make your normal club day.

I will be back and and I will bring more people.
Old 08-10-2013

Not sure where to ask this question, but are you guys running a championship over the Winter?

If so, do you have an idea of dates?

If you don't ask, you'll never know!
Old 09-10-2013

we are going to be running a club championship on fridays over the winter starting in a few weeks time! there will be more info available soon.
Thanks
Aidan