Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 26-04-2010

Question Rolling chassis for less than £300?

I am thinking of acquiring a new kit to play with, mostly for recreational use, though should still be capable of being competitive if necessary.
4wd would be preferable, 2wd is fine though as i am actually more experienced driving 2wd.
I have all the required electrics etc, so the only question is which chassis is most suited to my requirements.
Most important for me, other than competitive capabilities, is ease of maintenance and durability - the less time i have to spend stripping down, cleaning, regreasing, and replacing failed parts, the more time i have for other things like driving .

So, which chassis?!
I am thinking the B44 over the XXX4G+, because of general reputation and is slightly cheaper - but the XXX4G+ does have a shielded drivetrain which is a major plus in terms of ease of maintenance - both the B44 and XXX4G+ have been around for a long time, so may soon be replaced (?), then again they may form the foundation for a conversion to the new 4wd Xfactory chassis.
I like the look of the X6 Squared with regard to ability and build quality, though this is at the top end of my budget.

Help please?
Old 27-04-2010

Or a Cougar SV?!
Old 27-04-2010
Mad Member

out of the losi and the associated b44 i'd go for the b44 mainly because i think spares will be easyer to get hold of and more people will be running them so could help with set ups

but if i had the choice i would wait for the durango dex410r this will be an awsome bit of kit

paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 27-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post

but if i had the choice i would wait for the durango dex410r this will be an awsome bit of kit

paul
+1

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 27-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
I am thinking of acquiring a new kit to play with, mostly for recreational use, though should still be capable of being competitive if necessary.
4wd would be preferable, 2wd is fine though as i am actually more experienced driving 2wd.
I have all the required electrics etc, so the only question is which chassis is most suited to my requirements.
Most important for me, other than competitive capabilities, is ease of maintenance and durability - the less time i have to spend stripping down, cleaning, regreasing, and replacing failed parts, the more time i have for other things like driving .

So, which chassis?!
I am thinking the B44 over the XXX4G+, because of general reputation and is slightly cheaper - but the XXX4G+ does have a shielded drivetrain which is a major plus in terms of ease of maintenance - both the B44 and XXX4G+ have been around for a long time, so may soon be replaced (?), then again they may form the foundation for a conversion to the new 4wd Xfactory chassis.
I like the look of the X6 Squared with regard to ability and build quality, though this is at the top end of my budget.

Help please?
i have had both the xxx4 and b44 and have found the b44 to require less maintenance and is stronger (just keep an eye on the diff shims after a few runs).cant see the b44 being replaced for a while yet,not sure about the xxx4.as for the basis of a new x-factory 4wd,they are building a new complete from the ground up car which means no more conversion kits
Old 28-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
out of the losi and the associated b44 i'd go for the b44 mainly because i think spares will be easyer to get hold of and more people will be running them so could help with set ups

paul
I agree, the Durango 'R' does look like a good value kit. I think i am more tempted to go for the Cougar SV though.
Old 28-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
I agree, the Durango 'R' does look like a good value kit. I think i am more tempted to go for the Cougar SV though.
If it ever gets released!!!!!!!!
Old 28-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian h View Post
If it ever gets released!!!!!!!!
The Cougar or the Durango 'R'?! I think both are bankable certainties.