Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfry61 View Post
Have you not been watching the racing?? people are crashing their way to the front, which ruins everyone elses race.
Yes I've been watching the racing, and the same drivers who use forceful tactics were doing so in the trial period as well, and will always do so no matter what format we adopt.

As for your grading I'm afraid I can't comment as I don't know - I'm sure it will be resolved though.

Unfortunately we're in the position of trying to please everyone all of the time, and as you know that's just not possible. Unless everyone speaks up and voices their opinion, we have to go with the majority opinion that has been expressed to us. And that does include drivers of all abilities as one of the clubs top drivers expressed that he preferred the old format too.

Time for everyone to settle down a bit, not take it all quite so seriously, and put some of the fun back into our Wednesday nights............
Old 10-09-2010

With everything that has gone on over the past 2 months, have we (as a club) actually voted on a format? If you had a vote then there can be no issues. We go with the majority. I, as a driver and club member would be much happier if I saw a vote taken.
Old 10-09-2010

We voted on the trial format and the majority voted yes for it. No vote was held to go back to the old format, they just decided to do it, which was a tad harsh
Old 10-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I feel a vote would have been better as to what way to go with the race system.

I think the reason some people are moaning about is they dont have that A final slot they used to have but having 2 x qual and a final sorts the heats the proper way with the quick lads being in the A final and so on, if you didnt make the cut and get in the A,B finals etc try harder and dont crash!

The reason the driving standard is not as good when you have the 3 finals is that with only 2 chances to get a good run in you race clean, simple really.

When its 3 flat our races you will get people pushing hard etc with no major consequences if they cause an accident/skip ropes etc.

I would like to see the 2 heats and finals come back, or at least have a vote on it.

But just wanted to add I really appreciate the work the club/members put in and will continue to support the club, see you next Wednesday!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfry61 View Post
We voted on the trial format and the majority voted yes for it. No vote was held to go back to the old format, they just decided to do it, which was a tad harsh
To be fair very few people actually voted to trial the new format - only a couple of people put their point across when we were all stood in the hall. No vote was taken as such to move back but we did listen to all those that came and spoke to us and listened to their opinions and a view was taken to move back to the old format based on the majority of what we'd been told.
Old 10-09-2010

Default format

Both formats are good and bad.
the 2 qual and 1 final is more the normal format you would race anywhere
but in our small hall qual causes problems, if your first of within 1 ,2 laps you are then trying to lap some person just getting going he is reluctant to let you go why should they in the end a crash happens your qual fkd and his.
problem is lap time to short and some poor driving by people deliberty holding you up .
1 final unless refereed all your hard work in qualifiying gone out the window by poor driving or a unforseen car problem no points .

old format i feel shows the true all round driver of the front against the clock, of the back the racer !! so is this not like a 3 legged final only the qual list has been taken from the week before?
and you get 3 chances.
The driving standard issue i feel is due to a very competitive club and a lack of rules set in stone with penaltys issued, what seems to happen some wait some bugger off at every given chance they can either a crash or rope jumping, would we all enjoy and do less moaning if the club was to be more forceful.
next thing who's going to want to refree all night
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

you say the majority have spoke to you guys about the formats but that doesn't realy class as a CLUB vote we all pay our CLUB membership and we should all be asked or at least all gatherd together and have a vote that way. As for the old format working for 20 years this is probably because no other format has been tried. apart from changing fastest time to round by round.
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

can i put somthing into perspextive here we have six/seven car heats car 1 will start first car 7 will start 7th with a 1 second gap between which makes car 7, 6 seconds behind car 1 if we average 12 second laps car 7 will still be half a lap in front of car 1.

when barham touring car track was running the same format was in place but the difference was the track was 200yards long and the car were 4times faster we ran 10 car heats with a 1 second start gap and average a 12 second lap so from car 1 to car 10 there would be a 9 second gap so car 1 would only be 3 seconds behind car 10.

what im getting at the size of the track and the time we have on a wednesday eve makes no difference whatsoever.

i here you all scream saying there is less room for 7 cars in our small hall but there is only one racing line be it in our hall, barham touring car track or any race track in the world spa,silverstone,brands hatch,laguna sacher and so on.

what i feel is the all drivers need to be aware on how the qualifying works and understand it then there will be no issue.

stu
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

[QUOTE=gav4wd;412320]Both formats are good and bad.
the 2 qual and 1 final is more the normal format you would race anywhere
but in our small hall qual causes problems, if your first of within 1 ,2 laps you are then trying to lap some person just getting going he is reluctant to let you go why should they in the end a crash happens your qual fkd and his.

because they are not racing you and should let you though these drivers obviously dont understand how it works but like i also said you will be at least half a lap behind as they start now the ability of drivers in the top heat still varies at least 2 laps from fastest to slowest so you would be passing anyway.

the original format has the same issue if you think catching the slower cars an issue for the reason if you are on the front row its pretty likly you will be away and gone whilst the two rows behind get juggled by a marshal in the first corner pile up by this time the two guys on the front row are lapping. same problem.

stu
Old 11-09-2010

Default rules!!!!

As i said in my previous post.

RULES!!!!
yes we have basic rules in the club but what happens if you break them nowt! maybe the person you wiped out or you jumped in front may say something or it gets well heated, and that then seems the way to race, i and many others in the club have raced or are racing at national and many other top series WHAT HAPPENS THERE!?.
yes i know this is a club and only fun but come on is it not time to harden up sort this problem out all what is beem moaned about is all based around shit arogant driving by all people im no angel and put my hands up to that, some drivers sometimes drive at all costs to win.
Maybe we need a club vote on some new rules and penaltys.
why is the winter series better driving and all have more fun

RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav4wd View Post
why is the winter series better driving and all have more fun
Because it's a better format. Simple