Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 16-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
avoid other peoples mistakes you will win.
Not always easy or possible.....

Right - both myself and Alan won't be at the hall on Wednesday. I would ask that EVERYONE does their bit to help and ensure the meeting runs smoothly.

DON'T leave it all to Jon, Crewie, Ollie, Andy J and the usual few to set the track up, do the loop etc. And especially when it comes to packing away I would like to see EVERYONE from the last 2 races do their bit.

It's really starting to hack me off that despite reminders and asking politely that there's still a certain few that deem it below them to lend a hand. It's not much to ask - especially as these drivers are usually still out in the car park at the end of the night chatting away when I lock the hall - it's not like you're dashing off home is it gents???
Old 19-08-2010
Mad Member

hey chaps

great nights racing again last night are we gonna try another race format or will we be voting which one is best for the racing ie the orignal, stagerd with grid start or stagerd with line start.

stu
Old 27-08-2010
Mad Member

How about we vote for a suitable punishment for those drivers that never help pack away? Especially as I was told that the meeting on the 18th had virtually no-one remain behind to help despite my request for people to do so.

You want changes made? Do your bit and help. Else we just go back to what we had before.
Old 27-08-2010
Mad Member

if i remeber correct wasn't it the last two heats to pack up which is all well and good but didnt we used to rotate the heats which we dont do anymore maybe this should be done again.
Old 29-08-2010

Default hopefully

Good point stu,
im all for the grading system
im all for the rotating of the last two heats
and Hopefully the old race system save the current one for the winter series.
Old 29-08-2010
Mad Member

im all for the

grading system
rotating heats (maybe points deducted for not clearing away) only if heats are rotated.
and stagerd start 2 Q 1 final IMO makes closer racing and somthing to race for.

stu
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Rotating heats may be possible to some extent but you have to allow that the youngsters cannot stay late and will always be placed early on in the running order.

Regardless of this if EVERYONE from the last 2 heats helps it takes minutes. The top heats should be setting an example anyway - not just racing etiquette but all aspects of a race meeting.

Jon and Alan will be back this week so I'm sure we'll sort out the race format.
Old 02-09-2010

First of all i didnt really like going back to the old format of racing, all it seemed to do was promote pointless crashing. I didnt have one clean race, every time i got sucked into someone else's incident.

At least with the two qualifying rounds of old we had a strong chance of setting a relativly quick overall time.

Because the racing has been so chaotic and that ive oddly been placed in the c heat its going to take me a few weeks before i can get back in the a heat.....Rant over!
Old 02-09-2010
Mad Member

But on the flipside............I really enjoyed last night.

Everyone gets a fair crack at starting on each row.

You're not starting off only 6 seconds in front of someone with every chance of being lapped within a couple of laps.

Starting all together you know who's in front and who's behind and react accordingly.

And the best bit - although you're still racing the clock, you're racing other drivers too which adds to the evening. I'm afraid for me purely racing the clock detracted from my Wednesday night fun.

I heard lots of positives last night which was nice to hear. And also a big thanks for those that packed away - I think everyone that should have been doing it was
Old 02-09-2010
Mad Member

im with steve on this one the racing hasent been that crash and bash for a long time (2 months) and in this format there is no racing againt the clock its down to whoever can get the cleanest run but on the plus side at least i got chance to scrub some new tyres in as ther meeting was won after round 2.

anyway its been decided we shall say no more.

a club vote would have been nice tho.

stu
Old 05-09-2010
Mad Member

I think we need someone too watch over our races ,with stop go 's punishment for bad driving....or at least being told to clean it up embareses ,them
the second leg of the A last week was really poor......
Stop cheating you cheats...you know who you are rope jumpers.....you think you get away with it , you might but everyone is slagging you off in the pits, and ruining everyone else's race
If it continues like last wednesday i am off to new things
as i simply have better things to do with my time
as i am getting sick of rushing all day at work to make up some time so as to finish slightly earlier so i can get home ,shower and change,get some diesel,race up the a2 in peak time, just to get smashed up or reversed into by a car thats made a mistake in front of you then slams it into rev and wipes your race out
I meen its a bloody close call to wether 15 minutes track race time is worth it anyway?
i think we also need to make sure the marshalls pay more attension as the week before last i was upside down for for two of ed's laps (he said was that you on the straight all that time...i passed you twice) with the marshalls watching the race....to which i responded TURN IT OFF!That was my night ruined
And whilst i am ranting lol
Can we stop this stupid marshalling where as they marshall there freinds by putting them over the rope around the track a bit so as not to lose time....thats wrong
also wrong is jumping ropes when you have made a mistake ....Jame's the other week said to someone that had crashed infront of him JUST JUMP THE ROPE WHY DONT YOU! sarcasticly....to which the person (naming no names) said LOL I DIDNT GAIN BUY IT?????????????????but surely the point of our little car game is that if you make a mistake you lose a bit of time, not continue like nothing has happened!
Sort it out boys you are ruining my and manys night out
and also taking the P a bit out of those that do such a great job of running and organising it each week.....Thanklessly.... Alan/john/dave/jodie/oli/etc Thanks from me!guys
Rant over.
bye then
Old 09-09-2010

After last night it would seem we have gone back to the chaotic crash your way to the front heats and the heat listing appear to be VERY random, what's going on with the ranking system??

i'm not a fan of this format bring back 2 qualifying rounds and 1 final!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
those that do such a great job of running and organising it each week.....Thanklessly.... Alan/john/dave/jodie/oli/etc Thanks from me!guys
I have to say on a positive note, i cant comment on the "new" format with regards to qualifiers and finals as i missed the whole 2 month trial thingy.
However being back indoors racing again is great! the bug has bitten me again and i cant wait for next week, even though im a bit rusty and ive forgoten the art of driving indoors.
As for Scott's comments about running and organising the club....spot on mate, they all all do a fabbo job for not alot of thanks, i only wish i had that kind of dedication in me! Thanks from me too!!
Old 09-09-2010

Iv gotta say its very strange going back to 3 races in witch its all random as to who wins or who finishes and with people who get in a mood as a result of u hitting them when they try to take every corner sideways and u catch them it was all ways cleaner and more predictable when we had 2 qualifiers and a final as people wanted to post gd times to get a gd final start position but if people like a bit more contact than raceing thats up to them...............
Old 09-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfry61 View Post
After last night it would seem we have gone back to the chaotic crash your way to the front heats
What makes you say that Steve? I though last night was a lot better than the previous week.

As an aside - DO NOT do "burnouts" on the stage or hall floor to try and bed new tyres in. When checking round before locking up last night there are some serious burn marks on the stage. I know when we were packing away last night there was the smell of burning wood in the air. There's a whole carpark outside to scrub tyres in so feel free to use that instead!
Old 09-09-2010

Hi All,
I have to agree with sFry61. The "crash bang wallop" is back.
Bring back the 2 Quals 1 Final. I know this wont happen till the new year, But please think about it.
And someone needs to watch the racing. The "oh I've crashed, never mind, just drive over the rope, miss that bit of track out", and "Oh I've lots no time and doing a better time now than my last run".
It's unfair to those that are having a good runs and with the best of 2 runs format means they might just move up to the next heat.
Old 09-09-2010
Mad Member

Im with steve and others last night again was crash and bash again i would say the the driving standard has hit an all time low IMO.

i still feel a proper club vote should be done.

and as for the numpty who done the burnout on the stage your an idoit.

stu
Old 09-09-2010

I dont particularly mind which format we use, but last 2 weeks seemed to have had very random heats, perhaps it needs time for people to "settle" back in

Will
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branstonpickle View Post
people who get in a mood as a result of u hitting them
Amazing that isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Im with steve and others last night again was crash and bash again i would say the the driving standard has hit an all time low IMO.

Personally I'm struggling to see what the problem is. We've gone back to a format which has worked well for over 20 years. We were asked to try something new, which we did, but on the whole the opinion we were given was that the old format was the preferred one. Everyone in their heat gets a shot at a front row start. Possibly the grading needs looking at but I'm sure that's underway already.

I can't see how one format over another causes a drop in driving standards over such a short space of time.
Old 10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
I can't see how one format over another causes a drop in driving standards
Have you not been watching the racing?? people are crashing their way to the front, which ruins everyone elses race.

unless you make a rare clean start for two of the tgree races your never going to get a good run together to get into the top heats.

Antoher thing, is there any reason why i went from bottom of the A heat in the trial format to bottom of C heat when we went back to the old format. Nice to see random heats again!Not impressed!!