Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 11-03-2012

Default First race meet in twenty years

Just wanted to say that me and my Procat really enjoyed ourselves last night. Everyone was really friendly and made me feel welcome. I was quite shocked at how much faster the new cars are but I thought the old car didn't disgrace itself and I hope to be back next week subject to a damage check.
Thanks again for a great night of racing
Darren
Old 11-03-2012

hi daz its kez,glad you enjoyed it the lads at broxtowe are a good bunch and will be happy to help out.the cars and electronics have moved on since you last raced making them faster and better handling,will see you there perhaps at next outdoor meet, main thing is that you enjoyed it
Old 11-03-2012

They are definitely faster but round the twisties I would say mine was as quick as most as 2nd place in the last heat showed. To be fair the car is set up more for indoor racing, I'm a bit apprehensive about going outdoors cos of the size of the jumps. I might have a pop down to the track when there's no meet so I can have a practice, just worried about breaking something as mine looks really fragile compared with a modern car and spares can be difficult to come by. Here she is after last night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by team n.o.m.a.d View Post
hi daz its kez,glad you enjoyed it the lads at broxtowe are a good bunch and will be happy to help out.the cars and electronics have moved on since you last raced making them faster and better handling,will see you there perhaps at next outdoor meet, main thing is that you enjoyed it