Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 09-08-2013

Default H2 shock absorbers

Any tips on making these oil tight and how to set minimum rebound easily would be greatly appreciated.
Old 27-08-2013

Default shocks

iv tryed allsorts, best option is us full rebound, rebuild ur shocks with dry o rings with full rebound and the kit 4 whole pistons, start with 25wt in the rear and 35 in the front with losi springs not and I repeat not associated due to the way the coils are wound
Old 27-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookster View Post
iv tryed allsorts, best option is us full rebound, rebuild ur shocks with dry o rings with full rebound and the kit 4 whole pistons, start with 25wt in the rear and 35 in the front with losi springs not and I repeat not associated due to the way the coils are wound
how is that the best option when it is going to seriously reduce the handling of the car? Dry o-rings is just asking for trouble... O-ring swell with lubricant, so form a tight, lubricated seal around the shock shaft. Always lubricate them with associated green slime.

If you are struggling with rebound then try cutting the bladders out so you have emulsion shocks. Made mine much better.

There is no ultimate fix for the slight loss of oil. perhaps dremel 2 little grip points on the cap so you can tighten it up with pliars. But i think its just a sacrifice of getting such a good handling car at the uber cheap price. Not everthing will be perfect for 135 quid.