Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 26-03-2011

Default Bank Holidays....

Important information
Due to the Easter Friday and Royal Wedding Bank Holidays this year, we will not be racing on those 2 days - Friday 22 April and 29 April partly because we appreciate that we all have families and many of us are probably going to be away, but also because the hall charge a lot more on a Bank Holiday.

Now if members wish to race on the Monday's of those weeks and we get enough interest, then we'll run a meeting but just the main hall will be booked as it worked well tonight with those pit tables at the end of the hall, saving the money to book the two halls.

You'll also notice from the revised 2011 schedule that we have 2 Fridays during the Spring Championship that are booked for other events so we cant run those weeks. Again, if people want to run on the Monday's of those weeks we will, however as I know some of the younger members can't do a week day evening, those meetings would not count towards the Championship.

Let me know if you want to run those weeks and I'll get it all booked up with the hall ASAP.
Old 26-03-2011

Remember that Monday 25th of April (Easter Monday) and Monday the 2nd of May (Monday after the Royal Wedding) are both bank holidays as well....
Which would mean any Monday racing would have to be on the Monday before Easter, the 21st of April, then a brake, then back to normal Fridays on the 6th of May
Old 26-03-2011

Bugger

Would anyone be interested in racing any other day those weeks if we can get the hall?
Old 26-03-2011

The 2 weeks off for bank holidays are right before the next series starts. If we do not manage to run during week commencing monday 2nd may, perhaps we can hire the hall for an extra hour on Friday 6th May, so start at 6pm and have an extra long practice session so that people can get their eye in, check set ups etc. We would need a few people committed to get there at 6pm to get it set up.

I can't do mondays by the way.

Paul
Old 26-03-2011

i dont really want to race mondays if im honeset
Old 05-04-2011

Default How about?

Tuesday or Thursday then?