Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 22-07-2011

I think we had some very interesting tests tonight guys. Thanks to all of you who were trying out various combinations, and a big thank you to Maz who came along and spent most of the evening tinkering with cars and helping out those who wanted to test the street class we are trying to evolve for the club.

The final with the 17.5 (no turbo) brushless racing against the Saturn 20T brushed motor was very interesting indeed, very little between them and some great close racing too.

We'll try and run the same track next week as it was a nice flowing track which gave us some good racing and it will allow us to trial some other combos before we finalise details.

I think from the noises being made tonight there is likely to be a choice for the street class of 17.5 No Turbo Brushless and the Saturn 20T Brushed motor allowing them to run together. Seeing the Porsche 911 bodyshell was great too and I think seeing a whole heat of these street car is going to be some else

Good work guys tonight, well done.
Old 22-07-2011

BTW Craig, if you want to try your car next week with my set of Carpet Dragon's your more than welcome.
Old 25-07-2011

It was nice to have that session and have so many people try it out. I think it worked quite well and we seem to have a good brushed and brushless equivalent which we can work with.

I'd like to know what others who either tried mine or another car in similar spec, or was just watching what was happening thought about it all as I think it has potential to put some fun back into touring car racing.