Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 08-11-2011

Default Stealth 2WD Touring Car

So, anybody seen the RadshapeRC stealth. It was reviewed in this months RRCi.

British made 2WD touring car at an entry level price. Looks like an interesting class to race - proper 2WD touring cars like the real ones!!!

After the slow to no launch of the Street class - to me, this looks much better.

Thoughts anyone? Might have to try one - maybe against the 4WD's
Old 08-11-2011

Looks very good, although being 2WD I'd want to run it with foams...
Old 09-11-2011

Default Me too

Yup, they have gecko foams for it!
Old 21-11-2011

Maybe these would be better than the Street Class that has not really taken off
Old 22-11-2011

Default Re: Stealth

Thats what I was thinking!
Old 26-11-2011

It looks interesting but it's quite out on a limb. The street class was not a bad idea, but I think certain things made it difficult for it to take off - one of the key things is the use of carpet dragons.

I think we should simply go back to basics with the touring cars. Instead of running TC's and street class, just have one touring class that is something in between the two. For the past 2 race meetings that I have run TC, I have been running my 10 year old TC3 with a basic (non-dynamic timing) esc and 13.5T motor and it has more than enough pace for Bromham.

The Stealth looks interesting but I think we would struggle to build up a class of them. Don't see a problem allowing them to run with the 4WD TC's though. That said, for not much more than the £150 price tag, you can get a 1/10th Pan Car (grown up mardave), even more relevent if you suggest running foams on the Stealth.

When are we having the AGM? I think the TC class(es) would be a good focal discussion point.

Paul
Old 28-11-2011

The key to a successful class is for everyone to feel that they had a good race with someone else. in some cases it's the case of finding a "rival" whom you know that on any given week the results will be close between the two of you.

When the numbers dropped off a bit in TC gaps started appearing in the ability range and thats when people started to feel like they either had to have all the gear to keep up with some of the others or not bother at all.

I was a big supporter of the street spec and ran my car as often as I could like that to try and help the class grow. It turned out that I had some very good races with a few other drivers who wern't necessarily running the same spec but the pace of our cars were similar.

I'd like to propose that for the future of the TC class is to do something similar to the West Suffolk club (which is technically my more local club) and go down the route of 13.5 without dynamic dyming or 17,5 and below with free option on timing. I think you'll find 17.5 with timing is a little bit faster overall but it's that much harder to drive that the people who can go faster with 17.5 turbo are those who would already be the fastest with 13.5 non turbo.

It's a shame about the street class not working out because the rule set was a good one. The Carpet dragons do give a decent amount of grip but you can't simply throw a set on with the rest of your setup as per slicks with additive.

Whatever happens I'll be back soon (I've not been able to race in such a long time) with a TC ready in whatever specification we all decide and possibly something else too...
Old 29-11-2011

Paul, we'll look to have the AGM in early January date TBC.

Maz, such a shame that the Street class has not taken off. I think we should just agree to a spec that keeps the speeds in check for Touring Cars and leave it at that.

So why not make it really simple - 17.5 brushless motor max and no turbo Speedos. SIMPLE

We keep the selection of tyres to choose from and the other rules as they are and just drop the rules we had for the Street class. By all means, if someone wants to run a more street like bodyshell, let them...

We allow guests and members if they wish to run other setups, but make it clear that championship points are only awarded to those who run the 17.5 no Turbo spec so as not to stop others racing if they want to with us.

Hopefully a simple rule book might encourage others to come back to the TC class in 2012