Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 20-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

2 more questions guys:

1. Is anyone running a none standard motor plate, worried about heat disipation?

2. What size are the diff balls? I want to run carbide ones and have 3mm ad also 3/32 in my pit box?

Cheers,

Dave
Old 20-05-2008
oOple Advertiser

Dave,
If you are starting out with a XX4 WE then it will already be equipped with tungsten carbide balls, they are 3/32 size.

Standard motor plate in the car is fine

Your X5 should be with you this morning, was successfully despatched yesterday along with the parts you ordered.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-05-2008
Lee-Mag

Do any of my x5 brothers have any of the long threaded inserts? (the ones that hold the motor in)

I didnt get any in my kit. I will call DMS tomorrow and see if they have any but if they dont will anyone have any for the NE regional?

The car is pretty much done now i just need to build shocks and set it up. Right now i cant even run it in because the motor will move

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 20-05-2008
oOple Advertiser

Lee, we doo have some in stock I believe, PLUS a large X_factory order tommorow too.

If they were missing from your kit we will get some sorted out for you via Chazz
Old 20-05-2008
Lee-Mag

Cheers Darren,

I`ll give you a call tomorrow, i have another order for you

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 20-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Dave,
If you are starting out with a XX4 WE then it will already be equipped with tungsten carbide balls, they are 3/32 size.

Standard motor plate in the car is fine

Your X5 should be with you this morning, was successfully despatched yesterday along with the parts you ordered.
Great thanks Darren, got my slip, its at my post office for me to pick up!
Old 20-05-2008
oOple Advertiser

Lee, cool mate, no problem look forward to your call then

Dave, get down and collect it mate and get it all built........then go and kick some ass with it at the weekend!!!!!
Old 25-05-2008
oOple Advertiser

Lee, I spoke with Chazz regarding your missing chassis inserts and told him we had sent you some FOC.

The reason the kit did not have any according to Chazz, is because you dont use the X-Factory ones!!!

The kit is supposed to use the original ones from the XX4 donor car made by Losi, hope that makes sense
Old 25-05-2008
Mad Member

Darren is correct: the X - 5 Squared (All X - 5s, really.) uses the inserts found in the donor car.

When we build these Kits we use as many parts as possible from the donor car. No sense to not use them. as you'd otherwise throw them away, and it helps keep the Kit price as low as possible.

In the case of the motor screw inserts, the length of the inset is critical, and the chassis is built so they just snuggle up against the top of their holes. This prevents wobble which leads to cracked chassies. We didn't have this exactly correct in the original chassis, and it's one of the improvements in the Squared.

The X Factory inserts made for The New Math (Which are better, we think, because of the knurling.) are a bit shorter than Losi's motor inserts, and so do not work as well. The X - 5 chassis is made for the Losi insert.

In a pinch I think you can use an X - 6 insert in an X - 5 but we have never tried it and I think the knurling may screw up the chassis so that the Losi insert no longer fits properly. Therefore, I suggest you search for the correct Losi part #4224, which any well-stocked model shop should carry.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 25-05-2008

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
The X Factory inserts made for The New Math (Which are better, we think, because of the knurling.)
Chazz thinks the knurling makes them better; I think it simply makes them extra hard to put in and remove. Kind of off topic, but comments on this appreciated.