Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 17-09-2008

Default CAT SX is here!

Well, the CAT SX is finally here for the general public. Got mine from MK Racing at a brilliant price.

I think MK have some (particularly NiMH) ones left and have got all the spares too. yay!
Old 17-09-2008
Administrator

I know you'll be busy with your review but any chance of some progress photos?
Old 17-09-2008

Absolutely mate, I will do full progress for you
Old 17-09-2008

Well I'm a retard. Schumacher have no normal front pulleys at the moment, they come next week. However they did have the option one-ways which I purchased so I could get it all built asap. Totally forgot about this fact and spent a good half hour looking for the missing part - oops.

Here is my progress so far (well I actually have top-deck and main belt on buy my photos came out naff, so going to redo those. I will do diffs in a minute and then onwards. Enjoy these few photos for now:

Old 17-09-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

It doesnt get the nickname Cat SeX for nothing....
Old 17-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

So are the kits going out without front pulleys?
Old 17-09-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post
Schumacher have no normal front pulleys at the moment, they come next week.
I don't think shipping a kit (no matter how fantabulous it is) without a key part is exactly stunning business practice. Then again maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy. Oh well, back to the Ovaltine and Radio 4.
Old 17-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd have thought it would have been mentioned by one of the others who had the kit, I mean if you didn't have the one way you can't even complete it can you?
Old 17-09-2008

I apologise, I make it sound worse than it is.

Schumacher had the CAT SX's ready minus this front pulley. However they did have an option front one-way unit ready. So what they decided on, is asking people whether they wanted their SX with this option or wait a week for normal to come in. The option is better as it can be locked anyway, so two-in-one.

I opted to have it early and get the extra. No-one or no shop was shipped a kit without knowing this, and making the choice. Shops were informed and MK made the situation crystal clear to me. Schumacher have not shipped anyone anything that won't work. Hope that clears that up.

Anyway more photos from my build so far. Top deck on, diffs in, shock towers on, wing mount up (I am going to risk the stupid bands at first, if they break, my epoxy is coming out) and now I'm moving onto steering by looks of it:

I would apologise for the quality of my photos as they are straight off my camera with no photoshoping (I will save that for the review) but to be honest I'm pretty chuffed with 'em.
Old 17-09-2008
oOple Contributor

Just to clear this up, Jason is exactly spot on with what he has just wrote, We rang UK shops today and explained to them that we could ship Cat Sx kits but not with a fixed front layshaft pulley but with a one way layshaft pulley, and as Jason says, you can just put a pin in this pulley and make it the fixed option anyway, so most people wanted the cars shipping straight away and went for this option, so cars are on their way to shops so you better get down there quick if you are after one!!!!!
Hope this clears up any confusion. Hope your enjoying the build, absolutely fantastic kit to build and wait until you race it Wow!!
Old 17-09-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

looking goooooooood mate!!
Old 17-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
Just to clear this up, Jason is exactly spot on with what he has just wrote, We rang UK shops today and explained to them that we could ship Cat Sx kits but not with a fixed front layshaft pulley but with a one way layshaft pulley, and as Jason says, you can just put a pin in this pulley and make it the fixed option anyway, so most people wanted the cars shipping straight away and went for this option, so cars are on their way to shops so you better get down there quick if you are after one!!!!!
Hope this clears up any confusion. Hope your enjoying the build, absolutely fantastic kit to build and wait until you race it Wow!!
It has indeed been going like s**t off a shovel recently, at the F2's and F3's!!
Old 17-09-2008
oOple Contributor

It certainly has Dave, definately the best off road buggy I've ever ran, and like you say results are just awesome at the min, proving how good this car actually is. TQ'd every round by different drivers at Coventry, and won every leg of the A finals there too by different team drivers I believe, and most of these guys hadn't even seen the car they was going to race before the meeting, they just chucked it on the track with a set up on that other drivers had worked on, and away they went!! Awesome!!! Good how it was different drivers doing sooo well with the car which just goes to show the car must be good and giving a good performance advantage, lets hope it continues and wins lots more!!!
Old 17-09-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolio View Post
I don't think shipping a kit (no matter how fantabulous it is) without a key part is exactly stunning business practice. Then again maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy. Oh well, back to the Ovaltine and Radio 4.
In my opinion the car is better with the one way roller so you are actually getting an upgrade.
Old 17-09-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yeah anyone that gets one of these early kits is laughing really, gives you both options, so much better really.

Just spotted that front belt roller - haven't got one of those on mine!! Have just got it back from weekend, Nathan was certainly really happy with how it went for him, with only tiny setup changes from what i had set it up for myself.
Old 17-09-2008
Administrator

it looks like a pretty jewel - how about a velvet pillow to take photos on Jason?
Old 17-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Ahh, I see.
Maybe wasn't worded right in Glypo's post, and so it read like they were shipped without a pulley.

Cleared up now.

Can I have mine with a one-way?
Old 17-09-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

it sure looks pretty....
Old 17-09-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
it sure looks pretty....
SEXYYYYY
Old 17-09-2008

In regards of set ups, my CAT was set up the same for both the F2's & F3's, the car was dialled and I had no reason to change anything. Its good to know that there is a good base set up already that works on both Astro & Grass tracks.

All the time and effort that Schuey have put in to testing and getting the car right as certainly paid off.