Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-04-2012

I just would like to see both cars allowed to race exactly as they are.
The Mardave chassis isnt strictly speaking carbon fibre with the majority of the ce plate being glass fibre. It just makes a class built on simplicity much more complicated than it ever needs to be.
Old 28-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

i was just going to post you must be a mardave racer, maybe stock car oval?
Old 28-04-2012

Neither actually. I have raced mardaves (and a schumacer sst) over the years as have most racers. I help run a club and I support racing as a whole rather than any single parties interests.
Just don't see how anyone is gaining anything from excluding cars and potential racers.
If the grumpy and stereotyped response from mark is what you get for asking a genuine question from someone wanting some help and info is a measure of how helpful and open this series would be to a beginner or an old racer then I feel it may not succeed in bringing new blood in. It will be the same old racers who will have been doing it for 20years.
Old 28-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMO WEF View Post
Neither actually. I have raced mardaves (and a schumacer sst) over the years as have most racers. I help run a club and I support racing as a whole rather than any single parties interests.
Just don't see how anyone is gaining anything from excluding cars and potential racers.
If the grumpy and stereotyped response from mark is what you get for asking a genuine question from someone wanting some help and info is a measure of how helpful and open this series would be to a beginner or an old racer then I feel it may not succeed in bringing new blood in. It will be the same old racers who will have been doing it for 20years.
its not a crumpy responce, i have allways been in favour of running both side by side, and they can in gt.1, however mardave also make a car that can still compete in gt.2 so there is no issue

as a club you do not need to follow the rules made by the brca, so why not adopt gt.1 where both cars run side by side weather box kit or modified? but then is somone buys a carbon chassis as an option at your club, are you really going to not let them race? now that would be grumpy!!
Old 28-04-2012

I am aware of this. To be honest I think it will be easier for our club to stay a very freestyle place to race and let people choose. At club level the driver will make more of a difference than the car.
I do fancy a schumacher in addition to a Mardave and play with them both.
The Schumacher would be great in the m-chassis rwd class if you could put some
Rubber Tyres on it, would be a good market for it in the far east and in the spc in this country.
Old 28-04-2012

i believe there are rubber tyres in the workings......
Old 28-04-2012

do 12th size servos fit as well i have fitted a 1oth savox servo
Old 28-04-2012

Default superstox

any one had a go with one yet!!i know there have only been out for a day but i also know some one will have
come on let us all know
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
wrong schumacher is S1 NOT carbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
One is sold as carbon fibre chassis, one is sold as s1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
The S1 material is a long way from being carbon fibre.
It would help if any of your replies would have stated what S1 actually is, not described what it isn't. Schumacher could sell carbon fibre chassis as C1 material, doesn't mean it's no longer carbon fibre because they have changed the name.
Quote:
Example a manufactures carbon composite wishbones are not made of carbon fibre
Just to correct you Mark, carbon composite wishbones are made of nylon reinforced by chopped strand carbon fibres, so yes they are made of carbon fibre. Just because it isn't in woven sheets doesn't make a difference, if it did then you could cheat by using chopped strand carbon in your chassis plates because it's no longer the woven sheet material chassis are usually made from.

As Cruise said above, S1 is just Schumachers fancy name for fibreglass sheet, it just looks black because they use a black pigment in the resin when making the sheets. There is no carbon fibre in normal S1 parts, S1 isn't a carbon/glass mix. To confirm this, the best people to ask are Schumacher themselves and the only definite answer would be to email them rather than asking on a forum. S1 is just flat sheet, it isn't used in moulded parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMO WEF View Post
The s1 is a carbon fibre composite I am affraid as the advert from Schumacher’s own website states.

http://www.racing-cars.com/main.asp?sitepages=mi35
"The Mi3.5 also offers you more choice, from the awesomely specified Mi3.5 PRO with full carbon fibre and titanium, available in 5 or 6 cell versions or the more durable Mi3.5 RACE (6 cell) using Schumacher’s famous S1 carbon composite material."
This is a confusing mess of a description, unless Schumacher have started making a special carbon skinned version of S1 for their touring cars. The description should read "Schumacher's famous S1 composite material", their way hiding it's just fibreglass. It also relates to a different car than the Superstox, so there is a chance they are making a different material for the touring cars than they are using on other chassis. Again, the people to ask are Schumacher themselves.

As for Marks grumpy replies, well if you want a confusing unclear answer, Mark is usually the one to ask.
Old 28-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
It would help if any of your replies would have stated what S1 actually is, not described what it isn't. Schumacher could sell carbon fibre chassis as C1 material, doesn't mean it's no longer carbon fibre because they have changed the name.
Just to correct you Mark, carbon composite wishbones are made of nylon reinforced by chopped strand carbon fibres, so yes they are made of carbon fibre. Just because it isn't in woven sheets doesn't make a difference, if it did then you could cheat by using chopped strand carbon in your chassis plates because it's no longer the woven sheet material chassis are usually made from.

As for Marks grumpy replies, well if you want a confusing unclear answer, Mark is usually the one to ask.
grumpy confusing comment coming

there not carbon fibre, they are composite as you have even put..... it they were carbon fibre arms, the manufactures would claim that!
Old 28-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Great first outing from the Schumacher at YMRC tonight. Win in the A final from Bally of MB Models in a close race. It certainly got people talking ;-)
Old 28-04-2012

anyone know if a 12th servo fits
Old 29-04-2012

Default blank set up sheets

anyone no if you can get hold of a blank pdf set up sheet yet
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I don't believe it's up on the web site yet, but there is one in existence.
Old 29-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
looks like it would though you may need a different servo post
Old 29-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
as Mark has said yes a 12th servo will fit but you will need to drill the chassis or change one of the posts.
Old 29-04-2012

no need to drill the chassis as there are already holes there for the 12th size servo

you will just need servo posts
Old 29-04-2012

well having now seen a superstox up close today for the first time and also having bought my son an mi1 tc they are both stated as having s1 composite chassis and trust me its not ust a name covering up something they are NOT CARBON FIBRE they are what they say they are a tough composite chassis so called s1 probably for schumacher1 and if they redesign the composite it will probably be called s2 that said it does look good
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 01-05-2012

Talking Out of the Box

Clapped my eyes on a Superstox G12 last night, Trial run at Blackpool Indoor Club

Motor/ESC was with Mtroniks Mardave Racing G2 Brushless System.

Setup was as kit and Paul the owner/driver was very pleased with how it went, smooth, quite quick and very drivable without having to spend a lot of time tweaking.

Was about to get a Mardave V12 but this is in a class of its own regarding design and construction but affordable.
Old 01-05-2012

Default Supastox

Going to give mine a go tonight for the first time. It is a quality piece of kit that shoud run well straight from the box. Only gripe - does not come with front wheel bearings, only plastic bushes.
Running 2cell Lipo ( 1cell case ), Atom and G2 brushed motor should go like stink or catch fire ! !