Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyman View Post
Your spoiling the fun here mate. You know that don't you.....lol
Part of the fun is driving something you know is compromised 😂
Love driving rear motor, but I'm also aware that I'm faster with my 6.2 everywhere.
Old 04-06-2020

think the 3 or 4 gear was all about motor rotation on and off the power to generate grip. Bit like when you watch a dragster leave the line and twist with the motor rotation.

I think the fun part about rear motor cars is the calm predictive chilled driving style. I find them easier to drive on the limits compared to modern stuff and although not as fast just rewarding
Old 04-06-2020
Mad Member

Before they went EOS and used the slippy floor I got my XX into the a final against the modern cars. Nowhere near as fast on EOS tho
Old 04-06-2020

And there you have it.....carpet tracks, the ruination of fun driving..!.😉
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 23-06-2020

Being running my rc10 worlds rerelease with 13.5 at a1 racing, itc ould hold off the B6,2 on most of the corners except a downhill hairpin it would roll unless I braked. The shocks are leaking air.

I am Thinking of putting a old 7.5t in it to see what happens.

Note a1 racing is low grip astro.

Just need new o-rings to seal the shocks up and it should be good to go.
Old 18-10-2020

Hey all, been floating around oople for a few years, quietly gathering handy info on various things.

During lockdown, I came back to the idea of racing and 2wd buggies and duly rocked up to the NORA track with my badly setup mardave cobra on mardave spikes all round, only a loose slipper in the final kept me from the glory of D last place, beaten by an 8 year old driving a kf!

Anyway, I bought 2 new to me cars, same chassis, 3 or 4 gear standup MR or RR, some weird ass 10mm hexes at the front meant steering was merely a wish when power was applied with the kit ribs(!) but day finished much to the delight of the cheering crowds, maybe it was laughter but it's all a bit of a haze after an evening of strong tea to celebrate.

This week, I bought a veg steamer, threw the oe wheels in for an hour kit set the geometry and peeled off the ribs and inserts no problem, glued in some green cut staggers and it was like a different car, actually had steering at all parts of the corner with just a touch of understeer on the corners leading onto longer straights.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned the hobao hyper h2 so heres my vote for RR fun in a car that you can still buy new for 140 for the pro kit or around 210 for rtr with a brushless system, go look it up, big bore alloy shocks, 7075 alloy narrow chassis, decent spares available at great prices, seems strong. Only negatives im seeing is no way to adjust rear toe and the easy to swap out original 10mm front hexes, losi 22 are a straight swap giving 12mm as are lots of other front end 22 parts. Theres a section about it in the archives here.