Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 26-10-2014

Default best sc for astro and carpet?

hello , i want to race with a sc on astro and carpet . i think i will go with a tlr scr 22.2 . is it a good choise?
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss9999 View Post
hello , i want to race with a sc on astro and carpet . i think i will go with a tlr scr 22.2 . is it a good choise?
hi joss - I think the losi sct is a pretty good truck from my limited knowledge and experience as I am pretty new to short course and buggy racing having recently started.

where about are you based as there wont be as much opportunity over winter months to race outside on astro, albeit some just not as much as say the summer months

I think its more a choice of tyres too rather than the truck when racing on the different surfaces like astro, carpet or a smooth gym/hall - get this right then that's half the battle I guess

I raced for the 1st time with my sct at yorcc on Saturday and the surface in there is a mix of carpet and smooth gym floor - the tyres used were Schumacher mini spikes on the front and mini pins on the rear. For outdoors although I haven't raced outdoors as yet I have mini spikes and kourse kings
Old 27-10-2014

Default sct

I would go for a druango desc 210 I have four of them they start at £136 for the kit and the rtr are £160 from moss models hes got loads hope that helps
john
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by john wolfe View Post
I would go for a druango desc 210 I have four of them they start at £136 for the kit and the rtr are £160 from moss models hes got loads hope that helps
john
hey john you got 4 pal, blimey how come lol do you race them anywhere? The durango do seem very popular sct's, I was at yorcc on Saturday, out of the 6sct racers 4 of them I think were the durango's.
Old 27-10-2014

Default sct

Hi mate I do race them at my local club which is Coventry model car club and at the SCT nationals one is for astro and one is for dirt the other two are rollers. 1 roller is rtr and rest are kits I've only broken the rear arms and 1 rear bumper very good trucks and I do drive them hard got me a 2nd place and a trophy in this years SCT nationals 2014 roll on 2015
John
Old 27-10-2014

well done pal, a trophy, nice one

I raced my first ever race with my sct at yorcc on Saturday, which I bought from Alex, who, looking at the sct national results table is one of the best in the country.

blummin loved it and my best lap amount was 10 where i think Alex was on 13/14 I think, so I have work to do lol

I am hoping to compete in the nationals in 2015 too for the experience and enjoyment and to see how the big boys do it of course lol

Quote:
Hi mate I do race them at my local club which is Coventry model car club and at the SCT nationals one is for astro and one is for dirt the other two are rollers. 1 roller is rtr and rest are kits I've only broken the rear arms and 1 rear bumper very good trucks and I do drive them hard got me a 2nd place and a trophy in this years SCT nationals 2014 roll on 2015
John
Old 27-10-2014

Default sct

Its all about having fun and of course trophy's and meeting new people there's some great lads out there at the last national I made the B final 8th so from the 1st one I got 2nd in D final to 8th in the B final cool eh
John
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Its all about having fun and of course trophy's and meeting new people there's some great lads out there at the last national I made the B final 8th so from the 1st one I got 2nd in D final to 8th in the B final cool eh
John
good stuff lets hope next years venues ain't all too far away, me and my team c truck are ready to race, mind you by then I will prob also have a 4wd sct so I can race in both classes
Old 27-10-2014

Default sct

Quote:
Originally Posted by whites75 View Post
good stuff lets hope next years venues ain't all too far away, me and my team c truck are ready to race, mind you by then I will prob also have a 4wd sct so I can race in both classes
Cool mate I will see at one of them and well done at last race
John