Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 17-11-2010

Default Looking to buy a 1/10 that's super-quick

Hey guys,

Basically i might be looking to get a small car, I dont really have a lot of space around here as I'm at uni, so id just be driving it in the street etc, so i dont want anything bigger really.

I need it to be fast cos all i'll probably be doing is full throttle runs, so i'd like to manage at least 65-70 without burning out the motor or something catching fire.

Back home I own a HPI Vorza running the 2650kv motor on 6s, and I've GPS'd that at around 65mph, so I'd like to get at least that.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Old 17-11-2010
Gypsy Member

traxxas bandit or a stinger bl or a mad rat with the exceed 3.5 t brushless combo (15000 kv) would be insane when geared up and i think the ezerun combo cab handle 3 cell which would add a lot of power to
i no its 1/10 but i think to handle the power and speed you would be better with something with a bit more clearance so it could run on tarmac or football fields without flipping on pebbles.
si coe ( see bury metro) did have a losi micro that was approching 90 mph i think you could ask him
however it sounds an amusing project . please post pics and vids if you ever get it running
bonus Oople points for breaking the 100 mph barrier
and why not race it as well ....i think rc drag racing exists
Old 17-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It wasn't approaching 90mph - the Micro T couldn't really do more than about 40mph, its just that for a 1/36th thats mental. Its also much more than the chassis can take.
My RC18 can do over 60mph on 3S, if it stays on the ground. Mostly it doesn't!

It was fun making them - but I sold the Micro T as its pretty useless, and haven't run the RC18 in over a year. The whole idea of a speed car is totally overrated - they really don't do much.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 19-11-2010

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm not really looking for an on-road car since i'll be driving it on uneven terrain. I think that means I'd probably be looking for a 1/10, rather than a 1/16.

What I'm really looking for is just something really cheap, with a really light, simple chassis but that can handle the power. Maybe something like the Ansmann Macnum or Madrat. I know Ansmann arn't a great make but they are cheap, which is what I'm looking for. Theres also others like the Traxxas Rustler/Bandit, Losi Speed-T, Associated RC10B/T4.1, HPI E-Firestorm, and I'm sure there are loads more.

Idealy I'd want to buy a roller so I could stick in my own motor, esc and lipo; that way I could choose the fastest option, like choosing a 4800kv motor and running it on 3s, then upping it to 4s for speed runs. I don't really want to convert a nitro chassis because it will probably work out too expensive.

Also, being waterproof is a fairly important factor for me. I'd like to be able to take it to the beach and not have to worry about it getting wet etc. With my Vorza I have to be careful where I drive it so as not to get the electronics wet.

Just as a side-note, some of the battery compartments such as that of the Rustler/Bandit look extremely small, and I'm not sure if I'd even be able to fit a decent 3s or 4s lipo in there without squashing it to pieces!
Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you start going down the route of 3/4s in a 1/10th 2wd you'll manage one of two things; either you'll sit there doing backflips or turn the gearbox to dust

I'd have thought an electric 8th like your Vorza would be just the kind of thing you would want, although I dread to think how dangerous 4kg of car travelling at 60mph+ would be

Personally I wouldn't want to drive anything like that anywhere there was people/property, you could really injure someone/damage things if anything went wrong.
Old 19-11-2010
Mad Member

Traxxas bandit / rustler pal

They fit a 3s in

Gearbox on the vxl is metal so can take it

I've had em n they r real quick on 3s
Old 19-11-2010

If I got a Rustler/Bandit, I wouldn't want the 3500kv motor, I'd wanna get something with a higher kv, maybe around 4800kv if I'm only gonna be running 3s.

Traxxas claim it to be waterproof, but how can this be when the motor and lipo are exposed? Are brushless motors waterproof? I know lipo's arn't!
Old 16-12-2010

Rustler/Bandit will be best option.