Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 17-07-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

Ask and you shall recieve.After about 6 days of working I finished stage 1.Here are some pics please keep in mind I'm not a CNC so nothing is perfect and also I haven't sanded alot of the carbon fiber yet.

Old 18-07-2008

Thats awesome! Coming together real nice!
Old 18-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

coming on nicely! cant wait to see it finished and to find out how it drives! good work!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 24-07-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

Thanks guys ! I'm just excited as you to see how it comes out. But I can promise it will end up being nothing less the being Truely awesome.
Old 11-09-2008

A pretty major update today...
Phrase 2 is pretty close to finished. I got the a-arms and the hubs mounted along with new rocker mounts and the steering. I decided to go with 3/8" on the lower a-arms which as you can see is beefy.... perhaps too beefy. So I might try some 1/4" a-arms instead or try to lighten the current ones. I still have alot of adjusting to do on the toe and chamber and stuff like that but I couldn't help but share...

Old 11-09-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

That's awesome! When can I order one??

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 12-09-2008

Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Thats bad. Super bad. Chicka chicka yea!!!
Old 01-11-2008

I started making final touches on the chassis and the suspension... but then I had abit of change of heart. After working many hours on trying to just perfect the hingepinless design and spending time shaving down parts to allow for enough travel.. I have decided to retire the idea. I love the idea. But its a pain in the but to work on, assemble/disassemble, and more so of a pain to make. I also believe that the system does not allow for enough travel with out being weakened. Yes, I could have a friend of mine make custom hingepinless mounts out of aluminum but I would rather go back to simpliesity and save the hingepinless design for a more suitable project...:evil:

Another place that I feel needs to be addressed is the chassis.Since I'm changing the suspension design my old carbon chassis is worthless and won't work with the new design. I have spent alot of time thinking about the over-all purpose of this vehicle. It seems to be simple, I want a durable basher that can also race. The main purpose is a basher, becuase I bash much more than I race. For it to be a basher durability is key. I feel like the 3mm carbon is not up to the task of hard-core bashing. So that will also be retired for this project and my remaining carbon (which is alot) WILL be utilized in upcoming projects.

Both of these components are major. Once again I have decided to change my plans. I don't want to let go of the hingepinless design or the carbon chassis. In this case though I don't believe either are suitable for this project.
There fore I will we be switching to 6061-T6 1/8" thick aluminum for a new chassis.Though this will be heavier I think it should give me the durability that I demand. I will keep an carbon upper deck to keep things braced and stiff. Also I have heard its easy to cut and better on the lungs than carbon. Which I look forward to.
As far as the suspension is considered I will be useing a revised version 1 mounting system. This time I will be using RPM T3 rear a-arm mounts all around. I'm still going to try to mount them as close to the center as I can to allow for long a-arms. To accomplish maximum a-arm length I think I'm going to have to flip the diff cases upside down to move the a-arm mounts closer to the center. This means redesigning the rocker mounts and other parts incorporated.I will still be using the Nitro Tc3 pivot ball hubs for their beefiness.

In other words after longer consideration major changes will be made. Many parts will be need to be remade. This is frustrating for me and I'm sure for you guys following this project. This means farther delays. I believe though that this will mean a better over all project , which will better meet its purpose. This is a very important part , I have learned of doing a major project. In many ways I want to just finish this project but in others I'm glad that that I have been taking my time becuase I have gotten many ideas to improve the project so it meets my standards along with others and that make it overall a better project.
Ethan
Old 24-11-2008

Ouch..
Old 01-01-2009

Default wow

wow...it is very very nice project!!
Old 02-01-2009

Ethan is a beast
Old 26-06-2009

I haven't really had much time for this project. Over the winter I mainly was focusing on the K2 buggy so that I could get it ready for a big local race after that I became busy with work and schoolNow that summer has come I have had alot more time to work on my projects and make money for them at Mcdonalds. Unfortunatly, I will be moving to Alabama in July. Before I move though I want to try and get a big chunk of this project and the Evo8 done.

A couple days ago my 1/8" 6061 Aluminum sheet came and I will be using it to make a new chassis for the TR3. Today, a new B44 Center Slipper clutch came. I'm going make a few finishing touches to my chassis design then I will be making the chassis and other chassis related parts. Before I move I will problay have the chassis and upper deck ,along with all the battery mounting , and rocker and shock mounting done. So after that all I really need to do is do the a-arms which will require some Delrin and a drill press which is not in budget right now. Here is a picture of the layout and of the B44 Slipper.

Please check back for updates soon,
Ethan