Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Germany

Old 11-07-2017
Mad Member

Default NRW Offroad Cup 2WD 13.5 spec class test run at NORC Masters '17

Modified racing is not for everyone. Accordingly, we are going to demonstrate a 13.5 turn blinky spec class at this year's season finale in Hellenthal to verify whether or not enough racers are interested to justify a new class for the 2018 season. Handout motors are kindly provided by Tonisport for the demonstration run to ensure nobody has to buy a specific motor they may not need anymore afterwards.

Stay tuned for more information on the season finale and potential new class to follow later this year or subscribe to the NRW Offroad Cup page on facebook!
Old 12-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Modified racing is not for everyone. Accordingly, we are going to demonstrate a 13.5 turn blinky spec class at this year's season finale in Hellenthal to verify whether or not enough racers are interested to justify a new class for the 2018 season. Handout motors are kindly provided by Tonisport for the demonstration run to ensure nobody has to buy a specific motor they may not need anymore afterwards.

Stay tuned for more information on the season finale and potential new class to follow later this year or subscribe to the NRW Offroad Cup page on facebook!

I totally agree with this - modern RC 1/10th buggies have gotten way too fast.

If I lived near your venue I'd be taking part in this
Old 12-07-2017
Mad Member

Thank you for the kind words, we hope this will be a success! I am sure there is a market for 13.5 turn sportsman racing in the UK, too. If there is a racing series at a venue nearby, be it BRCA sanctioned or not, I'd be surprised if the organisers turned down the opportunity to attract additional racers. There is so much potential among beginners and veterans of all ages!