Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 01-03-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS
Default Team Kassanova K2 (2wd buggy)

Team Kassanova K2 Buggy

Since of a good friend (ZeroHax369) I have been able to start acouple more projects. The first project is a B4 inspired 2wd buggy.There has been the x-6 and many other people have converted the B4 into a mid motor buggy but I want to do something alittle different. So Its going to use b4 suspension. But it will have tc3 style mid motor , with a tc3 differential, and laydown shocks in the front and rear. This buggy will be like no other buggy you have ever seen. The following parts will be custom cut either on a cnc or by hand.
-Lower Chassis
-Top Deck
-Rocker mounts
-Motor mount
-Chamber mounts
-Rear chassis plate
-Front Chassis plate
When designing this buggy I decided to go with the Tc3 type mounted motor because if I where to just flip the b4 tranny I wouldn't be doing anything different and I would have would have had to use either a 4x2 battery set up ,which I don't want to use becuase I can't use lipo in it. Or I would have had to go with a saddle formation but I wouldn't have been able to get the batteries very far back on the chassis. Also the B4 trans would have made it very hard to incorparate a laydown shock set-up. I decided to go with the laydown shocks becuase they lower the CG,make the suspension progressive,and in my opinion is more durable becuase you don't have to worry about shock towers or bending shock shafts. I also love doing things thats are innovative and different , that are a challenge. Here are a few pics dimenstrating the layout.

Old 03-03-2008

Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Reminds me of a S2 for some reason.
Old 03-03-2008

Check out my project(SpeedDemon), Ive worked on similar idéas..
So far Ive been to two races with the car, and it handles great!
Old 03-03-2008

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

Aw man you beat me to the punch! Thats good that it handles well though. Are you exspierencing any "torque steer" or the car not trackign straight becuase of the motor?
Old 04-03-2008

No I havent noticed anything of that, only raced on high traction carpet though.
(The motor of my car rotates inwards the center of the car)

Im really looking forward to seeing what you come up with regarding the laydown shock arrangement!
Laydown shocks should have a great advantage when its raining and dirt makes rear upright shocks clog, and stop working properly.
Laydowns could be concealed under the body, away from dirt spray.
And in the front you'll get a very sleek design, with no worries of breaking the front shock tower.

I dont know if you really get lower CG with laydown shocks though? maybe in the front on a 2wd thats possible, but in the rear the gearbox will be in the way.. or maybe my mind is stuck?
Old 04-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
No I havent noticed anything of that, only raced on high traction carpet though.
(The motor of my car rotates inwards the center of the car)

Im really looking forward to seeing what you come up with regarding the laydown shock arrangement!
Laydown shocks should have a great advantage when its raining and dirt makes rear upright shocks clog, and stop working properly.
Laydowns could be concealed under the body, away from dirt spray.
And in the front you'll get a very sleek design, with no worries of breaking the front shock tower.

I dont know if you really get lower CG with laydown shocks though? maybe in the front on a 2wd thats possible, but in the rear the gearbox will be in the way.. or maybe my mind is stuck?
Both of us are in America. We don't race when its wet or raining.
Old 05-03-2008

Not an unusual sight after a buggy heat in Sweden:
Old 05-03-2008

This is my car after a heat in the swedish championship last summer..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03782.jpg (98.7 KB, 278 views)

www.autopartner.se
www.sommarcupen.se
Old 05-03-2008

hehe, nice one

How well did the rear suspension work in those conditions?
Old 05-03-2008

as long as its wet its okay.. took a while to get clean tho

www.autopartner.se
www.sommarcupen.se
Old 24-03-2008

haha nice. I'm going to be ordering a sheet of G10 tomarrow to cut the chassis out of.
Old 30-05-2008

I don't have many physical updates because of the lack of financial support. But I will be turning 16 soon and will be getting a summer job. As far as design changes though I do have an update.. The motor will be mounted on the other side of chassis so that it rotates towards the center. I personally will be using this battery layout shown in the the pictures because my track is high traction. After hearing about the results of moleman's buggy on low traction I decided that for low traction tracks I plan on mounting one half of the saddle pack behind the diff in some kind of protective case. This will give more rear traction. Also I am considering being able to mount a regular SxS pack on the chassis just like a Tc3 with the motor,esc,reciever on the other side. I rather run saddles and will be. But this car will most likely be run by another driver who only have SxS.So there will be many battery mounting options.
Old 28-06-2008

Been awhile since I updated this. Its mainly becuase I haven't had much of any progress. But the time for progress is apon us. Like I said in my TR3 project thread I have ordered a 24x24 2.7mm piece of blue/black carbon fiber. It will also be used on this project for the main chassis,rear lower chassis plate and rear upper deck. Along with some smaller pieces. I have all of them drawen out and will be able to start cutting once I get the carbon.

Recently though I have been trying to make progress.Last couple of days I have been working on the rear a-arms mounting and also the front.
Rear
I cut up the stock rear chassis plate and I will be useing the a-arm mounts but nothing else on it.The mounts will mount on the rear carbon fiber chassis plate. It seems like the diff will fit in it pretty well.

I also figued out the design for the rear chassis lower and upper plate along ,the rear turnbuckle mounts,and rear rocker mounts and have all of those drawn out. I am trying to keep the suspension geometry as close to stock as possible. If everything goes right the rear should fit like a nice puzzle.

Front
In the front I came into a bit of a problem. Trying to some how mount the front suspension at a 30 degree kick up. After awhile looking for parts I noticed that front of the my T3 has a very simple set up with a aluminum skid plate that puts the kcik up at 30 degrees.Perfect. First I tried to connect the front skid to the B4 bulk head but then I realized the T3 bulk head is almost exact to the B4's as far as the width that the a-arms are mounted. I soon discovered the T3 bulk head fits better than planned. I didn't have to trim down the bulkhead or the a-arms to get the a-arms to fit. But I did have to drill out the hinge pin holes so the larger T3 hinge pins would fit. For the steering I tried to modify the B4 steering rack to fit on the skid plate but it just didn't fit well. So I opted to go with a t3 steering rack. It isn't angled back like the b4's but surprisingly there is little bump steer. I soon started to look for a way to mount the turnbuckles. Once again I resorted to the T3 parts. I decided to cut down a T3 front shock tower. The result a simple way to mount the turnbuckles but still keep the geometry very close to a stock b4's.

Peace,
Ethan
Team Kassanova
Old 31-07-2008

I haven't had much time to work on this since of soccer and I have been working alot on my TR3 project. But I started cutting the chassis out today. I just have to make some minor cuts to make sure everything is even on each side and then need to sand it down and start drilling holes. I will get pictures of it as soon as I get it finished and as soon as I mount the front end and the rear end to the carbon rear plate.I designed the chassis to accept a stick pack on the opposite side of the motor. Thats why the chassis is so wide up front. I did that because my R&D racer only has stick lipos no saddles. Among that option I also designed it so that one half of the saddle can be on the opposite side of the motor and the other half can be on the back of the car like a 1/10th nitro. This will help with rear traction on low traction tracks. The other half of the saddle on the rear will be put in a custom case to protect it. There are a ton of battery options.Along with these layouts later on I will be working on a layout with a mid-motor and saddle packs on the rear like the B44. All of these layouts can be used on the same main chassis. Total there are 4 layouts that I will be experimenting with.
Here are the battery layouts I explained above...

Old 31-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

I liked this layout:

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 31-07-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

why matt
Old 31-07-2008
Lee-Mag

The weight seems too far forward on that one matt, you would struggle for drive in low grip conditions.

I do have an idea though

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 31-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The weight seems too far forward on that one matt, you would struggle for drive in low grip conditions.

I do have an idea though
I your avy.
Old 01-08-2008

This layout I personally like the best and will be the primary layout.

I like the avy too.... ;P
haha Annie if you like the TR3... You will LOVE the K2
Old 02-08-2008

I finished the main chassis and got the front and the rear all mounted up. I really like how the rear came together and it fits quiet nicely.The one thing that I'm not exactly excited about is the wheelbase is about 182mm. Which is about 9mm longer than a B4. Hopefully this won't hold it back in the corners. If so I will find away of shortening it. When I get more lexan I will be able to make the rocker mounts,side channels,battery posts, etc. The rear lexan plates that are holding the rear plate on are temporary and will be replaced by a strong one piece.Also I haven't drilled all the holes or counter sunk all of them so please keep that in mind Hope you guys like it . I think the yellow wheels really help it to stand out.

Peace,
Ethan
Team Kassanova