Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 30-11-2009
Stu-Perstar

Default Thanks very much

A big thanks very everybody that came yesterday. Loved it. Day ran ok for a change even though we took longer than last time
The only thing I have to say is PLEASE do NOT leave before you have to MARSHAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a few people go before they should of done Number 2 and 5 in the 4wd A main. No names but you can work it out! You should know better. Other than that everything was cool.
Old 30-11-2009
Mad Member

Default racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
A big thanks very everybody that came yesterday. Loved it. Day ran ok for a change even though we took longer than last time
The only thing I have to say is PLEASE do NOT leave before you have to MARSHAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a few people go before they should of done Number 2 and 5 in the 4wd A main. No names but you can work it out! You should know better. Other than that everything was cool.
i loved it to pal sorry i couldent stay to help pack up had to rush of the wife had the kids all day with the flu and i had work at 2am
Old 30-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

I was kinda puzzled as we started earlier and everything seemed to run smoothly.... so why was it still the same finish time?

I`m not complaining just can`t figure out why?

Any road

Andy
Old 30-11-2009

I think either the practice round needs to be removed or bring it down to three rounds of qualifying.
Old 30-11-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4miy4 Guy View Post
.... so why was it still the same finish time?.....
:
We finished much earlier than last time, about an hour I think.

A 12 heat schedule at a national starts at with the first car on the track at 8am sharp, finishing about 5 to 5.30 pm.

Getting a twelve heat club meeting, with doors open at 8.30, finished as soon as we did is an awesone acheivement.

I suspect with 3 rounds or no practice many drivers will stay away, defeating the object.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 30-11-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the fact is we didn't start the meeting till around 10 ish,thats why there seems to be a lot of wasted time getting the meeting under way, get there book in practice race job done i know its not that simple but one hour thirty Min's to get under way is mad,
Old 30-11-2009
BANNED

As you say that's much easier said than done Carl.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 30-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
We finished much earlier than last time, about an hour I think.

A 12 heat schedule at a national starts at with the first car on the track at 8am sharp, finishing about 5 to 5.30 pm.

Getting a twelve heat club meeting, with doors open at 8.30, finished as soon as we did is an awesone acheivement.

I suspect with 3 rounds or no practice many drivers will stay away, defeating the object.
The whole event is an awesome achievement

It must just be me then , As i got home at 8pm and we put the track away extremely fast too

And the truck A final didn`t finish till about 6.30pm i think

Andy
Old 30-11-2009

i think half the reason some marshalls left, no names mentioned,...
was usually after the a main 4wd we all go home, most forgot trucks were run after, no excuse i no, and we werent one of them buy the way,
Old 30-11-2009

How many minutes were there between heats yesterday?
Old 30-11-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by col300 View Post
How many minutes were there between heats yesterday?
there was 2 mins. We tried 1.5 but people could not get ready on time so we had to go to 2 mins. Yes I do agree with Carl, it is too long but when we have so many people turn up on the day we have to try and find out if anyone is not coming so we can fit them in.
Please if you can come up with any suggestions let me know. We even try and get booking in before the meeting, we come to you to collect money durring the day, how else can we save time?
Old 30-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
the fact is we didn't start the meeting till around 10 ish,thats why there seems to be a lot of wasted time getting the meeting under way, get there book in practice race job done i know its not that simple but one hour thirty Min's to get under way is mad,
I take you don't want practice then ???
Old 30-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How about heat list ready printed, practice starts say 9am, but its timed practice ie with transponders active. DNS's are assumed to be not present (don't forget your transponder guys!) and their slot handed over to a reserve.

The upside is no need to sign in, sort out who is here etc.

It does mean that reserves don't get a practice, and means that those filling up slots could be in wildly differing heats from their normal ability level, but needs must etc.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-11-2009
Mad Member

you could do it national style, bookin starts straight away in the mornin, practice starking at 9, and then bookin in closes at say half 9, then heat sheet up and first heat out for 10, 2mins between a race is normally good, then try and sort the finals asap so there is only say half hour between the last heat and the first final. I know im willing to help you all out if you need help, sure there would be more ppl 2
Old 30-11-2009

Not sure that would work, practice and not actually booking in, think practice should start at 9, during practice everyone should get booked in, successful reserves have a practice after the last heat, then on with the rounds with the computer on auto no waiting at all regardless (excusing computer problems exc).

Stu, Roger and team excellent days racing, track was cool and the day seemed to run seamlessly!!!! Nice job guys
Old 30-11-2009

Default Time between heats

Stu has it a bit wrong. Last time out it was as he said due to race settings on the laptop. The time between heats started when the 5 min was up so the people who started last (up to 15secs) had to finish their race. hence the shortened gap.
This weekend worked better with a different setting and the gap started after the last car finished its race, even with 1min 30sec gap there were still delays.
The reason, some people stopped racing thinking they had finished. The computer then waits the 50sec time out setting. I only noticed this a few times and blame our PA system for not being clear enough in that hall.
Old 30-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMike View Post
you could do it national style, bookin starts straight away in the mornin, practice starking at 9, and then bookin in closes at say half 9, then heat sheet up and first heat out for 10, 2mins between a race is normally good, then try and sort the finals asap so there is only say half hour between the last heat and the first final. I know im willing to help you all out if you need help, sure there would be more ppl 2
How many people can you get around a keyboard? Sorry but I get in a right flap at booking in and to sort out the heats takes me about an hour on Saturday night.
This week I was lucky in that the number of people not turning up equalled the number of reserves who turned up, and out of that lot only one bloke stood out as being in the wrong heat
Old 30-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
I take you don't want practice then ???
no what i mean is it took 1.5 hrs to get under way,what im trying to say is turn up book in and pay then practise 3 or 4 minuet is more than enough for practise,
Old 30-11-2009

Another good meeting my thanks to all concerned. As to improving the timing. From a personal view as I have school next day run the trucks first this would then ensure enough people present to marshal.
As for the timing dont allow reserves onle run with who has entered. If anyone makes a habit of not turning up then they are disqualified for a period of time.

Looking forward to the 20th December. See you all then
Old 30-11-2009
Mad Member

Just to say I apologise for not marshalling my final, I've no valid excuse