Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Cos worksop are the bollocks
that made me giggle
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I'm a bit concerned about all this mention of refs, corner cutting in A finals etc. This is supposed to be a CLUB MEET. Yes a big one, yes one with series prizes but jeez guys lighten up - its not a national!

Rog, Stu and the Bury mob (not me this time though) do a sterling job organising this to be a FUN event, and its become big because of the atmosphere and the awesome track, but it is intended to be the winter indoors retreat for the Bury Metro outdoors club, when Goshen is too wet/cold to use (so like in July!).
It isn't meant to be a national so don't expect it to run like one.

I agree si. Stu and roger did us proud as they do everytime we have a meeting the problems are a rising peoples atitudes . There are about 20 of us attend bury club at goshen what ever the weather we are the same people who turn up and set the track up or put it away missus allowing so that makes about 100 not so regular guys racing and there are a few out of that group who are ruining for the rest of you guests . So please show some respect for roger and the rest of the lads and please do as you are told when you are told to. And things might go a bit better. It's easy to critasize with hind sight . I doubt anyone could do a better job of running the event than roger stuart and the rest of the regular club members. Bury metro is not about commercial profit it's all about having a good days racing.

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 01-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
I agree si. Stu and roger did us proud as they do everytime we have a meeting the problems are a rising peoples atitudes . There are about 20 of us attend bury club at goshen what ever the weather we are the same people who turn up and set the track up or put it away missus allowing so that makes about 100 not so regular guys racing and there are a few out of that group who are ruining for the rest of you guests . So please show some respect for roger and the rest of the lads and please do as you are told when you are told to. And things might go a bit better. It's easy to critasize with hind sight . I doubt anyone could do a better job of running the event than roger stuart and the rest of the regular club members. Bury metro is not about commercial profit it's all about having a good days racing.

Buds

Well said Dave

Seriously

Andy
Old 01-12-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

no one was or is criticizing Rog or Stu, people are trying to make suggestions to see if it can be speeded up and or made better,many of us have offered to help out and do from time to time,if you heard people saying its dragging on to long would you not think can we speed it up some and keep these people from not coming next time,
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

I considered the pace this time better than the first. Due to it feeling more relaxed and less rushed . I also think it will get better each meeting because everyone knows what they are doing and when to do it.as I said before it's great to have hind sight. As you know our average attendance at goshen is about 16 to 20 so for these lot to come and run a event for 124 people and do it aswell as they do is a credit to the commitment they have to the club and it's members.

Regards

buds

Old 01-12-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
I considered the pace this time better than the first. Due to it feeling more relaxed and less rushed . I also think it will get better each meeting because everyone knows what they are doing and when to do it.as I said before it's great to have hind sight. As you know our average attendance at goshen is about 16 to 20 so for these lot to come and run a event for 124 people and do it aswell as they do is a credit to the commitment they have to the club and it's members.

Regards

buds
Thanks mate. Big kiss to you.
Old 01-12-2009

no doubt, and we have spent the last 5-6 of those years racing at bury metro regionals and nationals and spent quiet a few days painting and cleaning the track,and have been member's there for years, only in the past twelve months have we stopped being regulars at goshen,due to the council messing them about and lack of national applications,roger and Stu do a fantastic job and always have don't think anyone can or will challenge that, they give up there own free time for no thanks at all.but people need to chill and learn the difference between constructive criticism which is help full and usefully,and people slating them which i don't think has been done on here yet, even if to you it sounds bad roger and Stu no what we are on about,
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Default Durango

Who was the lad driving the orange and blue or black Durango???
I couldn't really see the colours he was going that fast. His driving was faultless I couldn't beleave the control he had at the speed he was going

I'm going to blast him with the old zx 5. HONEST

Old 01-12-2009

not sure think that was bruce,
Old 01-12-2009
Stu-Perstar

Ok guys lets stop here.

December 20th will be:-
Doors open at 0830 hrs
Practice at 0900 hrs
(practice 3 mins only)
(reserves will go on last if there are spaces)
Then the Computer will be on auto for the rest of the day and if you have a problem, tuff.

Is this what you want?

Last edited by woOdy; 01-12-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
no doubt, and we have spent the last 5-6 of those years racing at bury metro regionals and nationals and spent quiet a few days painting and cleaning the track,and have been member's there for years, only in the past twelve months have we stopped being regulars at goshen,due to the council messing them about and lack of national applications,roger and Stu do a fantastic job and always have don't think anyone can or will challenge that, they give up there own free time for no thanks at all.but people need to chill and learn the difference between constructive criticism which is help full and usefully,and people slating them which i don't think has been done on here yet, even if to you it sounds bad roger and Stu no what we are on about,

I know your a regular at the track bigred and I wasn't directing any of my constructive critisisam at you or your lad.

Regards

buds

Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Ok guys lets stop here.

December 20th will be:-
Doors open at 0830 hrs
Practice at 0900 hrs
(practice 3 mins only)
(reserves will go on last if there are spaces)
Then the Computer will be on auto for the rest of the day and if you have a problem, tuff.

Is this what you want?
will be there early stu, you want me to supervise the practice for ya, heat order etc
Old 01-12-2009

Thanks for 2 great events so far. Its very good to have such a large event, with such big names in the northwest.

The second event ran far better so, Woody and the lads at Bury are trying their best at making a very good indoors event. And I hope they keep up the good work. And hopfully lots of old 1980 and 1990 drivers will get back RC raceing like me, due to events like this.

Well done Bury Metro if you keep getting better each event and your will be on to a winner.
Old 01-12-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE-HO View Post
Thanks for 2 great events so far. Its very good to have such a large event, with such big names in the northwest.

The second event ran far better so, Woody and the lads at Bury are trying their best at making a very good indoors event. And I hope they keep up the good work. And hopfully lots of old 1980 and 1990 drivers will get back RC raceing like me, due to events like this.

Well done Bury Metro if you keep getting better each event and your will be on to a winner.
Thank you very much. Respect.
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
not sure think that was bruce,
Think he was a youngish lad from the midlands ??

Old 01-12-2009
Super Moderator

I think you are referring to Craig Collinson, North East Team Durango driver.

Big lad, goes by the name of Hulk on Oople.

Unless you are referring to the Blue with chequered flag Durango, in which case its me, but I wasn't that quick!
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Is your Durango orange at the front and dark at the rear? After he finished the race your dad( I think) picked up the car it was driven right to his feet?

Old 01-12-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post

Unless you are referring to the Blue with chequered flag Durango, in which case its me, but I wasn't that quick!
Its not what your wife said!
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post

Just had a look at your Durango and it wasn't your car I was watching.it must have been the hulk.

Regards

buds

Old 01-12-2009

Yeah the guy that kept slamming on at the end of the straight, incredible driving! That thing was like a bat out of hell...