Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I don't mind a bit of fun poking, we all do it.

But as the options are there to update people on important subjects, why not use the forums, rather than being in the dark, keep us in the light, as you say, Paul is busy producing a list, he can't.
Hardly been kept in the dark, BRCA have said that LIPO'S had until end of Jan to be submitted, they said the list would be out ASAP around mid Feb...which is exactly what Charlie has posted..

think some people just need to be a bit more patient....its not life changing if the list is a few day's late..people will still have plenty of time to purchase/fit/run there cell's/lip's before you can legally race them anyway!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 20-02-2009
Mad Member

If the total number of approved Lithium Polymer packs is 57.. then that is one hell of a number. Well done to Paul for that level of work. Now it will be shake-down time.. because 57 is too large a number for the RC car market to support and some will be far worse than others in terms of discharge performance, reliablity and cycle life.

Should be fun
N
Old 20-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
Hardly been kept in the dark, BRCA have said that LIPO'S had until end of Jan to be submitted, they said the list would be out ASAP around mid Feb...which is exactly what Charlie has posted..

think some people just need to be a bit more patient....its not life changing if the list is a few day's late..people will still have plenty of time to purchase/fit/run there cell's/lip's before you can legally race them anyway!
well, you have your fully entitled opinion, and so do I.... I just see it as, there was so much fuss over LiPo homologation, with saddle packs etc... I see no issue with just updating that x amount of cells have been submitted, and how many saddle/sticks. The internet is a good way of spreading information, as well as having a good ole moan. Thats how I see it anyways.

I am only entering one National, and don't exactly want to send my form off yet, till I know my LiPo cells are legal (they were on the touring car list anyways), and don't intend to buy cells for one meeting. So rather than have the hassle of submitting an entry then cancelling it, I am waiting.
Old 20-02-2009

I think Paul and other members of the electric board have done a brilliant job in 20 days 57 lipo thats good work true dedication It will certainly be an intersting year with how people will manage the weight and power changes of lipo etc.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 20-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
well, you have your fully entitled opinion, and so do I.... I just see it as, there was so much fuss over LiPo homologation, with saddle packs etc... I see no issue with just updating that x amount of cells have been submitted, and how many saddle/sticks. The internet is a good way of spreading information, as well as having a good ole moan. Thats how I see it anyways.

I am only entering one National, and don't exactly want to send my form off yet, till I know my LiPo cells are legal (they were on the touring car list anyways), and don't intend to buy cells for one meeting. So rather than have the hassle of submitting an entry then cancelling it, I am waiting.

what good would that do....just open up further useless discussion's about what/why/how/when. BRCA have been open and honest about what they are doing and given good time scale's of how long the process was exepected to take..why would anyone need further undate's??

we were told a list would be out mid feb i personally think that's all they needed to say

Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
we were told a list would be out mid feb i personally think that's all they needed to say
Agreed. Would you rather they spent their time testing the cells or posting odds and sods of information on the web?

No matter what they did, there would always be someone who wasn't happy. The way it has panned out means that there is plenty of time to get cells before it matters and all those who submitted cells have a fair chance to supply.
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 21-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

My thought was that with over 50 Lipo's on the list there should be plenty to choose from. There were many people worried they wouldnt be able to get a legal saddle pack.
We have seem to gone through this the last few years, waiting for a battery list, one might think we would be smart enough to know that an acceptable solution would be found.
It's easy to sit behind a computer and complain, and many times rightfully so, but other times it's best not to say aything
Oh, and this is not aimed at any 1 person!!!

Last edited by David Church; 21-02-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added last line, dont want to upset anyone.
Old 21-02-2009
Mad Member

Default Info

Cheers Charlie,

Cant be bothered with all the needless discussions, just want to know what cells to get for the nationals as this will apply for regionals etc

Cheers Paul, BRCA and everyone involved - just need to knuckle down now and sort our any issues I have
Old 21-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

would seem i may have to eat humble pie and make an apology........ when the list is out!! Gold is the future!!

there is a list out for 1s packs for 12th scale so any day now.................
Old 23-02-2009

Well the list is up and posted on BRCA website this morning!
Old 23-02-2009
Mad Member

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...0V12%20pdf.pdf
Old 23-02-2009
Mad Member

Where the core RC ones are at the bottom in the section which says TC for 2008, does this also make them legal for this year in off road?

Paul

Last edited by PaulUpton; 23-02-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: me being stupid!!
Old 23-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

Yes it is Paul, it is on the last page (the ones already approved for TC uselast year)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 23-02-2009
Mad Member

Default lipo

Seen the list - does this mean that all these cells are also legal for the euro's cos only one on list that say that is trakpower
Old 23-02-2009

Error on the LRP - 5300?

It states 40C - it's 28C

Or is it?
Old 23-02-2009

Answered own question. It is.
Old 23-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Seen the list - does this mean that all these cells are also legal for the euro's cos only one on list that say that is trakpower
understand its different for the Euro's. they have to be approved by EFRA and registration fee paid by manufacuter/supplier i believe..some but i doubt all would usable at the Euro's, however i maybe completely wrong

Old 23-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
Error on the LRP - 5300?

It states 40C - it's 28C

Or is it?
LRP do 2 types of 5300 packs, they are different part numbers, one is 28c, the other is 40c
Old 23-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

it does say in the text above the list that not all cells will be efra aproved, Trakpower wil be i believe and the efra list will be due soon
Old 24-02-2009

How does the rules differ between BRCA and EFRA battery-wise?