Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 09-05-2013

Default new life for an old Dog

After listening to Johno and a few of the other guys last Friday about mid motor short course got me thinking (Brain Now Hurts)

had a flash of insanity

bits from car A bits from Car B result project "Frank" see pics

if may throw out the cars weight distribution , it may throw out the rear roll centers , but it just had to be done

it will take a few weeks before frank will see the track as i still have to sort out the battery fixing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blitz1.jpg (97.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Blitz2.jpg (86.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 21-05-2013

Default First test run

Hi guys
took the car out on friday,

ended up out with the four wheel drive cars so nothin to compare with and i'm only using a 10.5 motor, was not last for the first two rounds while dry but the thired was damp and the car would just spin out,not enough weight in the rear.could also be down to using worn out schumacher yellows on the rear.

but when dry had lots of steering into the corner and could turn up the inside of the slower 4 wheel drive cars, but on exit of a corner was slow to pull out of the corner, felt like the slipper was slipping had to build up the speed gradual .

have come to the conclusion that its the diff plates slipping on the out drives. these have now been glued to the outdrives (using my old Hot bodies D4, these use a basic round fitting no cut outs to stop the diff rings from slipping) will have to see if the glue will hold

This evening Have just cut the front of the carbon chassis off this has taken about 30grams of weight from infront of the motor. i had already added a metal block where the orginal motor was this is around 280 grams so any weight saving is good (had also made a 240 gram metal block to drop into the compartment infront of the shock tower but this took the the cars first weight upto a stupid 2560 grams with out the body fitted, a lot of weight for a 10.5 motor to drag around a track, this was left out and the rear weight reduced to 210 grams for the test on friday the car weighed in at 2244 grams minus the body and the motor was just warm after 5 min run on a gearing of 11:1

will try and shed some more weight for this friday.

i would post some more pics but oople is running very slow and keeps timing out when i try and down load pics.