Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 08-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
I could help with track design and layout, people seem to like the tracks I design

G
Cheers Northy, will need lots of input from pro's about what makes a good track.
Old 08-03-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know of how Jubilee Arena was run, so have a few ideas...

Lots of money to be made in the simple things, cans of pop, soup, tea, coffee, snacks... So make the venue inviting for spectators, not having it so they have to climb the track and navigate the pits before getting to comfortable seating... more spectators, more sold at tuck shop.

They had a shop, but didn't pay bills on time and therefore the stock turned to rubbish, and so people lost patience and continued mail ordering. The biggest thing here is wheels and tyres. Then the obvious spares. This can be as big or small as you want, but only make promises to customers that can be met..

Once open, don't generate rumours of any sort as they can be damaging. Only share details of things once it is a definate.... this thread is a good one though, testing thy market??

Secure car parking outside.

Race series / annual large events / invitationals

But as long as your venue has a great track, I'll be a regular.
Old 08-03-2007
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

ive been trying for a while to sort somthing like this in hull but i cant get the funds together to start up so good luck and id be a regular
Old 08-03-2007

Cheers chris,

all thoes ideas are good ones thanks, have sort of antisipated all of thoes. have got some good things in the pipeline and want thoes to be what sustaines the venue therfore not having to relly on club fees and letting the clubs down if it has to close.
Old 08-03-2007

all year round would be great,as mentioned before,no worrying about weather forecast how about cross overs,banked corners
Old 08-03-2007

Send a message via MSN to AndyM
Thumbs up

i like the idea of banked corners.

plenty of jumps aswell, doubles etc.

its a great idea...
Old 08-03-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

i had a nice big indoor track outside my work near Malton. Had it all sorted out, would off been all dirt. Would of been no good for big meets as there wasnt enough parking spaces. Still got to work on monday and the warehouse was being demolished, that was my plan out of the window. Hope it goes well for you and your venue its just what the north east needs....
Old 08-03-2007
Super Moderator

Near Malton? Near me?

G
Old 08-03-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Yeah dude not far from you, just before whitwell hill. Shame it didnt come off tho..
Old 08-03-2007
Super Moderator

Arse!
Old 10-03-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Gonna try to throw a spanner in the works now...
Why does everyone want a dirt track? I hear people moan about tiverton indoors all the time due to lack of grip, etc and often people don't race the nationls there (although that could be down to distance)
Seems to me that an astro track (with some dirt/clay surface changes) is the way to go here. Would probably cost more to set up, but would attract more drivers more regularly as you could continue to use schu minispikes that are already on the car for the outdoor season - I know that having to buy track specific tyres would limit the number of times I could attend.
That said, good luck Marco - I think most of the n/e lads will do what we can to support a new, good quality venue
Old 10-03-2007

Cheers Col. just testing the water of what people want at the moment. is Tiverton a permanent indoor track?
Old 10-03-2007
Administrator

Tiverton isn't a dirt track (it's actually horse poo) nor does it have a single proper jump - its like racing on a mucky school floor.

An indoor astro track (already exists) would be cool, but people would rather be outdoors racing at bury or somewhere.
Old 10-03-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Here's my toupence on things. I will be buying ang importing a mostly unknown buggy soon, and will be looking for any track time I can get.

Havevthe track available all the time to members, who pay a track uasage fee each season.

Hold regular club nights on saturday's, I'll be there.

Work wise, I am sure you'll have plenty of free volonteers.

If you do set-it-up, please PM, re: track sponsorship.

I looked into buying a track, land wise, it was reasonablly priced, for a huge piece of track, may look into it again....

Cheers,

Ben
Old 10-03-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Gonna try to throw a spanner in the works now...
Why does everyone want a dirt track? I hear people moan about tiverton indoors all the time due to lack of grip, etc and often people don't race the nationls there (although that could be down to distance)
Seems to me that an astro track (with some dirt/clay surface changes) is the way to go here. Would probably cost more to set up, but would attract more drivers more regularly as you could continue to use schu minispikes that are already on the car for the outdoor season - I know that having to buy track specific tyres would limit the number of times I could attend.
That said, good luck Marco - I think most of the n/e lads will do what we can to support a new, good quality venue
A permanent dirt track, with a hard compact surface, and proper jumps is vastly different to whats available at Tiverton. As for tyres, many of the kits come supplied with dirt tyres anyway, so this would be one less thing to invest in for a beginner. Also, consider the wear rate, from the info I have seen, dirt tyres on that type of surface last much longer than the minispikes we all destroy at the rate of a couple of sets a meeting , minimum.
Old 10-03-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Points well made, Jimmy and John. I do really fancy the idea of a dirt track, was just wondering about the practcality and cost involved.

Marko - if this all comes together are you gonna think about getting BRCA membership/approval so you can run regionals?
Track design should be fairly easy with the help of Northy (he is a legend...) By my reckoning all you need is 4/5 "features" like a big jump, banked corner, table top, etc and then the rest of the track can be made using piping just like indoors, that way you don't get a stagnant feel with the same track everytime.
Old 10-03-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You could do like they do in the US and have the track open whenever the shop is and charge a few quid to run. If it was a proper hard packed dirt track with plenty of proper jumps I'd probably be there every day