Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Old 28-09-2010

Default Tamtech in the UK

Is it still possible to buy these cars in the UK?
Old 28-09-2010

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

I got mine from DMS last year but I think they might have stopped stocking these now. I know Steve Webb Models in Frodsham used to have these in aswell, perhaps a pm to Matt Dodd would let you know if they still stock them. If you do draw a blank on the UK shops, there are tons of them available on ebay and through other web stores in the States and in Asia. Personally, I love 'em and am gutted I didn't have mine ready to race in the National this weekend. There are tons of hop ups available and the cars themselves are really strong (after you do the GB02 front end). The bits are cheap and they look (IMO) cooler than anything else available.

Second thought, why not just call Steve Webb Models tomorrow instead of asking Matt now!
Old 29-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So are some of the Tamtech's legal for micro nationals? Which one's/class
Old 29-09-2010

Default Tamtech

I was in Selections RC in Leighton Buzzard recently and noticed they had a Fox in stock, they may have others.....Give Matt a call
Old 29-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
So are some of the Tamtech's legal for micro nationals? Which one's/class
All the Tamtechs are 1:16 class so the Buggy Champ, Fox, Frog, Hornet and Desert Gator are legal for 2wd with the Hotshot legal for the 4wd. Word of warning though, the Hotshot aint designed for racing. You have to take a section of top plate off to change the crystal and servo access is a 30min job!!
Old 29-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
All the Tamtechs are 1:16 class so the Buggy Champ, Fox, Frog, Hornet and Desert Gator are legal for 2wd with the Hotshot legal for the 4wd. Word of warning though, the Hotshot aint designed for racing. You have to take a section of top plate off to change the crystal and servo access is a 30min job!!
I'm thinking Desert Gator if I can find one, exactly how off the pace are the Tamiyas? I guess I need oil dampers and to swap electrics about!?
Old 29-09-2010

Difficult to say as I haven't raced mine yet!! From reading reports from people who have raced them in the past, it would seem that they are pretty competitive.
Shocks are the first thing to change, I have 3Racing ali ones on mine. I have also fitted Team Atlas steel diff halves, GPM ali steering parts, GB02 front end, GB02 soft compound tyres,Tamiya side bumpers and I have a milled motor plate, ali rear hubs, steel cvds, heavy duty hinge pins and steel pinions all on the way. I have a Team Orion brushless system with the 6000kv motor witha 1600 lipo and will probably fit the Futaba S3102 servo at some point in the near future.
This all sounds alot but in reality I think the shocks and battery with a faster brushed motor will see you pretty much on the pace. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 29-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
Difficult to say as I haven't raced mine yet!! From reading reports from people who have raced them in the past, it would seem that they are pretty competitive.
Shocks are the first thing to change, I have 3Racing ali ones on mine. I have also fitted Team Atlas steel diff halves, GPM ali steering parts, GB02 front end, GB02 soft compound tyres,Tamiya side bumpers and I have a milled motor plate, ali rear hubs, steel cvds, heavy duty hinge pins and steel pinions all on the way. I have a Team Orion brushless system with the 6000kv motor witha 1600 lipo and will probably fit the Futaba S3102 servo at some point in the near future.
This all sounds alot but in reality I think the shocks and battery with a faster brushed motor will see you pretty much on the pace. Hope this helps a bit.
Iv seen jons car, and simply had to buy one myself. I got mine second hand from Blitzboy.

Iv heard very very good things about the tamtechs at racing, and im sure someone will post up on here. I dont want to speculate, however i have heard that they are as good as the 4wd cars if not faster.

Yet again, I havnt raced mine as its awaiting a radio install and i need a lipo and brushless setup, but when you run with 1:10th wheels they are bang on the pace.

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 29-09-2010

I've always been a Tamiya fan-boy so what got me started was readings Jimmys Buggy Champ review, now I'm searching everywhere for one.