Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-02-2017

Default Help wiring a senssored esc

Hi,
I'm trying to get my new buggy ready to take to my first race tomorrow and am almost there just whilst wiring it up I have found 2 plugs the sensor wire fits in and can't find any info about it in the manual

m

Any ideas on which one I need to use would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Old 18-02-2017
Mad Member

Some ESCs have two sensor ports, basically for packaging.

Sometimes you can't get to one of them, especially in very tightly packed 4wds.
One of my cars i have to remove the motor to get to the sensor port, or take the ESC out.
Old 18-02-2017

Default sensor wires

Hi,
I'd imagine you could use either but if it was me and fitting allowed then i'd go with the second one as many like the older hobbywing have them fitted in that position.
You'd know if you connected it to either if it was working compared to not though as the motor will run smoother and usually a lot faster connected. The sensor connection allows the ESC to control the motor via timing, boost and turbo etc and without it it will run as though totally stock standard.
Without the sensor connected you can change as many settings on the ESc as you like but they will have no effect at all as I found out once when I forgot to put my wire in completely.....I boosted it to hell and it made no difference and then connected it in a rush to put the car on the track and it was insanely ballistic.....silly fast and close to uncontrollable hahaa
Hope this helps.
Old 18-02-2017

Whichever suits your chassis, some cars will.be the vertical and some the horizontal, weigh up which is best orientation for your esc and the sensor port will be obvious
Old 18-02-2017

Great thank you all, thought they would probably both be the same just haven't used electric since brushed motor days. Will see which fits better it is a bit tight in there.
Thanks again.