Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 26-11-2010

Default Jconcept 2wd fronts on a 4wd buggy

Has anyone tried running JConcept 2wd fronts (like 3017 barcodes) on their 4WD buggies? I'm looking for new tires for a DB-01R. I noticed Tamiya front rims and tires are a bit narrower than other brands. Would it be a problem using the fatter tires on them?
Old 29-11-2010

The narrow 2WD front tires will not fit on the Tamiya brand 4WD front rims or any other brand front rim (such as Losi 4WD front or J-Concept Rulux 4WD fronts).

The width is basically the same between all brands of 4WD front wheels for 1/10th scale buggies.. Even if the Tamiya wheels look a little leaner, it will still mount all 4WD front tires perfectly..

I have used Tamiya 4WD fronts, Losi 4WD fronts and J-Concept Rulux 4WD front wheels on my DB-01. None of them will accept 2WD front tires correctly..

The wider 4WD front tires are necessary for 4WD traction All you need to do is select the right tire tread and compound (softness / hardness) for the track surface you are running on..
Old 01-12-2010

Thanks. I'll stick to 4WD fronts then
Old 19-12-2010

ive seen 2wd bobcat front tyres mounted on 4wd front rims, it seemed to work just fine, if theres enough grip, i imagine it should work ok and cut down a little on drag