Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 04-03-2016

Default Yokomo YZ10

Guy, here is a sneak peak of what will be rebuilt over the coming ....

Might take me a while but thought I would post some pics up now of what it looked like back around 2012 when I purchased it.

I'm not fused with restoring this to prestine condition, it will be a simple case of strip, clean, rebuild. If there are any majorly worn or broken bits they will be replaced. I also have the instruction manual and box.

My Tomy Intruder is my main project, this can fill in the gaps while I am awaiting parts etc.

The YZ10 is currently in bits so any tips on cleaning and what to use greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2016

inspite of the dirt, seems to be in good condition or at least not beated up.
Congratulations, looking forward to seeing another yz10.
Old 06-03-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Dont believe the hype about the kit shocks,i used them with the same springs on grass tracks and worked perfectly, so hope youjust clean them up. Looking forward to seeing it done.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 06-03-2016

That's right, those shocks are a near copy of kyoshos gold shocks and a better quality than the ones yokomo put on the mx4.
Old 07-03-2016

Started cleaning today, other half is out tomorrow night so might get some more cleaning done then.

I'm just cleaning it and so far the parts are coming up OK. Took ages to get the servo tape of the chassis. Front suspension cleaned up nice. Will work on the rear tomorrow.

I'm glad I saved all my daughters tooth brushes now

Guys, how often do those wheels come up? I rarely see these ones come up for sale.

Also whats the best way to get the wing clean? I think it might have some sort of sun bleaching going on. Will try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Are the repro shells for these any good?
Old 08-03-2016

Wheels you can get from jc racing as well as a new wing now.
I've had no issues with my penguin shells !! There usually very good
Old 08-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB76 View Post

Guys, how often do those wheels come up? I rarely see these ones come up for sale.

Also whats the best way to get the wing clean? I think it might have some sort of sun bleaching going on. Will try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Are the repro shells for these any good?
If you mean the white webbed wheels, they do come up occassionaly, but you have to be patient. Daniel (username durango on here and vale on rc10talk) currently has some for sale.

I've also used the penguin shell & under tray with no issues and have just ordered another set for my LWB '94.
Old 08-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Penguin Shells are perfect/excellent for all models. No issues with any I have used. All have been first class and a perfect fit. Lexan is a very high standard.Very good delivery time also. Top class service and very very good value...

Well worth any purchase in my eyes.....
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Penguin Shells are perfect/excellent for all models. No issues with any I have used. All have been first class and a perfect fit. Lexan is a very high standard.Very good delivery time also. Top class service and very very good value...

Well worth any purchase in my eyes.....
Totally agree with xfactor on this👍 so far I have bought 10 + bodies off him and everyone of them has been mint. also had the nice surprise of the odd extra here and there to
Old 09-03-2016

Can you post a link for those shells ?
can't find it
Old 09-03-2016

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yokomo-yz1...kAAOSwQoFWP6mT

this one? I had a couple of Tomy Intruder shells from this seller. Shame he doesn't do the Tomy wing.
Old 09-03-2016

Yup that's the 1👍 Steve does a nice job he's also on oople
Old 09-03-2016

Thank's for the link, haven't thought about the bay

it could help for my loooonnng time YZ10's projects
Old 09-03-2016

I will try to add some pics tonight. I got carried away with cleaning last night. Basically shortly after taking the pics above, back in 2012, I stripped the car into bits and then it sat in the box until the other day.

So, to give myself some motivation with some other builds I have in the pipe line I decided to just clean the car and put back together. I have seen some great builds where people soak the white parts to get them white again. For now this is just a simple clean and rebuild. I have never driven one of these and always wanted to so just wanted to get it running.

I’m also well known for taking things apart and not putting back together again.

One thing I am surprised about, having not built a car for years is the amount of time it takes to build one. I have seen build threads where people takes weeks months to build a car. I always assumed this was due to waiting for parts etc. I truly expected to have the car back together last night but when I looked at the clock hours had passed.
Old 09-03-2016

Any ideas how to get this white again, looks to be stained or may have some residue on it?

Car is looking cleaner, I see a nice rebuild of one by Durango (Vale). My main interest is the Tomy Intruder that I have so this is really just a clean and tidy up. I will however be on the look out for parts any may well buy bits here and there as funds allow.

It needs to come apart again as I don't have the diffs in, just wanted to see what the car looked like, its been in bits for too long.
Old 20-03-2016

Thanks to Mitch I now have a new set of hinge pins fitted and the car back together. The diffs feel sweet. I think the car looks good. Its not a show stopper but I am happy its back together after years apart.

Here is the bent pin!

Here are some pics of the rebuilt car now cleaned, I am going to order a new shell and buy some new screws and bits and bobs as funds and parts are available. Some parts could have probably been cleaned a little better. The shock mounts are stubborn..

Some questions, there is no way to adjust belt tension no?

I love these tyres, any one know the part number?

At Some stage I will rebuild the shocks and get this buggy running. Just going to enjoy it as a completed buggy for a bit.
Old 20-03-2016

Let's hope the shock shafts are a bit straighter than those hinge pins.
Old 20-03-2016
Mad Member

Use the rear buckle to tension, but also, rear tension can be altered by placing shims under the rear bulkhead, front, or rear between the chassis and housing, thus rocking it back, or forth, that works pretty well as its goes!

Lee
Old 21-03-2016

Shock shafts feel fine at the moment. Will let you know when I strip them down.