Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 08-09-2008

Default What is the penalty for not marshalling?

Was at a race event yesterday where the fastest driver won convincingly in the first two A-mains (1st and 1st) so he sat out the third one, and then stupidly neglected his turn marshall duties. There was some trackside talk about him possibly losing all the points from one of his best mains, but in the end, the race organisers concluded he was still the overall winner.

What are the rules for this at the big events where you guys are?
Old 08-09-2008

Default Penalties

At the BRCA Vets, I did marshall the first round of qualifying. All be it on the wrong point as somebody was already sitting at mine. Heard nothing about it until all 4 rounds were over then my fastest time was disallowed, thus dropping me from the A into B.

But there again I am NO Superstar

Last edited by Wally; 08-09-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
Was at a race event yesterday where the fastest driver won convincingly in the first two A-mains (1st and 1st) so he sat out the third one, and then stupidly neglected his turn marshall duties. There was some trackside talk about him possibly losing all the points from one of his best mains, but in the end, the race organisers concluded he was still the overall winner.

There are three variations for marshalling penalties.. (forgive me if the wording is not 100%)

Poor marshalling = Not relevant in your cases, as this is down to the standard of marshalling during a race.

Late Marshalling = any marshal not at the correct position when the first car leaves the start line or final grid (unless otherwise instructed by officials)

Failure to marshall = any marshal not at the correct position within one lap of the final car circulating (unless otherwise instructed by officials)

The penalty for late marshalling during qualifying will be seven places added to the drivers overall qualifying position under the FTD qualifying system, or seven places added to the drivers best round score under the Round by Round system.

The penalty for failure to marshal during qualifying is the loss of fastest time under the FTD qualifying system, or the loss of the best round score under the Round by Round system.

As you can see there is no specific mention of how these apply during finals. This is due to a publication error during the creation of the 2008 handbook. However it be included in the 2009 handbook (barring any proposals to remove/ammend the rule)
Old 08-09-2008

Quote:

Hi there,

Sorry if I miss understand you here, but was the 3rd A main not the last race of the day? If there was no race after A3 then he would have not had to marshal anyway would he?

Sorry it's just that normally A finalists only marshal twice anyway and sitting out leg 3 is no big deal when it comes to marshalling because after that race the meeting is over...

Was it a meeting with many different classes or something?
Old 08-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

it might not be Yardy, they might run multiple classes on the same day, I get the feeling that its a non UK meeting he is talking about (origional poster)
Old 08-09-2008

yeah I guess so...
Old 08-09-2008

Yeah, it was non-UK. It was the Tamiya Asia Cup, to be specific. And ya, there were four classes back-to-back with buggy being the first, so the A-main buggy drivers were marshaling for the A-main stock class drivers. I think he forgot to marshal the third one because it's the first time he won the privilege to sit out the third. It was no big deal for since I was in the C group, but the other A-main drivers had something to say about the matter, naturally.
Old 08-09-2008

Quote:

"Death"

Well it should be
Old 08-09-2008

burn them at the stake!!!!

they're probably witches anyways
http://www.factorytracksraceway.com
http://www.factorytracks.com