Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 12-01-2015

Default Kyosho Ultima Pro

Hi, a few months ago I dug out of the loft my trusty Ultima Pro from the late 1980s. Would welcome any views on the best way to sell this and what you think I should ask for.

The car was raced by me for a couple of seasons outdoors back in the day, mainly on road but some off-road as well, but is in very good nick, even the brushed motor and gale force nicd SCEs work well! The Ultima model competed successfully nationally and at the worlds in the 1980s (although obviously not with me behind the wheel!). I have been using the car to teach my 8 year old son to drive in the park and at the local buggy club, but recently became aware that vintage models are desirable rather than something to be bashed. If there is a worthwhile market for this model, I can clean it up, dig out the original box and package for sale.

Advice gladly received.

Many thanks
Tamiya Hornet, Kyosho Ultima, Mardave Mini Stock MkII, 1/20 scale RC Catarmaran 2ft (school technology project), Kyosho Ultima Pro, 1/16 scale RC Catarmaran 3ft (inherited), RC10B5M, RC10B44.2FT, RC10T5M, B44.3, B6.1d, B64D, B74.1D, B6.4D
Old 12-01-2015

Some photos would be useful especially the underside of the chassis. It all depends on its condition what you will get for it. Not that rare so don't expect to much especially if you've been racing it on road. Selling on eBay would be your best bet.
Old 12-01-2015
Awesome Admin

My advice would be keep it, I sold my old 870C last year and regret it massively. If I was in your shoes I would restore it with your lad who will I'm sure will enjoy helping you fix it up and learn how they work.
Your car will be worth more even in a few years if it's restored.
I would then buy a cheep buggy or something for bashing then you won't destroy a pice of history.
Old 12-01-2015

Hi Justin - I might be interested...... Would you like to send me some pictures to see what it's like? Feel free to PM me. Thanks
Old 14-01-2015
Mad Member

Expect £50-100 at the most.

The orginal ultima in a stock form goes for more.
Old 17-01-2015

Default Thank you

Thanks for all the comments and advice so far, much appreciated. Peakey, you are probably right, I should hang on to it for longer, we did though make the most of the father and son opportunity stripping it back before using it and I agree it would be shame for it get to bashed up.

So I have cleaned it up again, ready for sale, hopefully it will find a good home. I shall post it here and ebay probably tomorrow. You guys get a sneak preview as a thank you in the photos below. It goes in full working order with original box and plenty of spares, it even has the original used decals and front tyres. I will probably remove the old ESC, receiver, brushed motor and servo as I assume the buyer will want to go LiPo and brushless.

Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled (2).jpg (4.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (5.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg untitled (3).jpg (4.9 KB, 34 views)
Tamiya Hornet, Kyosho Ultima, Mardave Mini Stock MkII, 1/20 scale RC Catarmaran 2ft (school technology project), Kyosho Ultima Pro, 1/16 scale RC Catarmaran 3ft (inherited), RC10B5M, RC10B44.2FT, RC10T5M, B44.3, B6.1d, B64D, B74.1D, B6.4D
Old 18-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Justin, thanks for the email, I have replied.

Good luck with the sale